• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

finding a wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
I never saw a wife on the gear list for flight school...was my package missing a page?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Knive's Club = Wive's Club

A term of "affection" of course.

Spouse's Club to be politically correct.
bouncy_125.gif

There are more male spouse's in the mix these days.
HrntDrvrsWife
cowboy_125.gif

av8tor

Buy your girlfriend a dog and an engagement ring, if that doesn't workout get the ring back you'll need it right before for the next deployment.

HueyHornet75

pilot
You gotta ask her the hard questions, and she's gotta have solid answers...i knew my wife way before i joined, but we were only dating seriously for a few months before i made the decision to enter the Corps.
if you don't ask the hard questions, you'll wind up like a buddy of mine who's wife threatened to leave him 1 week out of Primary Ground school-DOR or else...well he DOR'd for her and she left him anyway...that's a load of crap. now he's looking for a job, too. be open, honest and ask those 'what if' questions. if you don't like the answer, walk.

celaine

My $0.02 is this: I think maturity is crucial. A woman who is mature, confident, and not overly insecure is certainly capable of supporting her partner in his career...with the caveat that this is mutual, as much as the circumstances allow. Military life, while it has some dramatic benefits, does have some harsh points with regard to family life, particularly if the dependant spouse has (or desires) an established career that PCS moves interfere with. It comes down to sacrifices. I think it's important to discuss this stuff early on in a relationship that looks serious. Let her know that what she wants and needs is important to you, and that you'll work with her as much as possible to see that her needs in life are also met, but clearly indicate that you are on a path that you can't/won't deviate from, and that military life is part of the package.

I think it also helps to find a person who, in addition to having the prerequisite maturity and emotional stability necessary to military life, has an active interest in the military and in aviation. Similar minds have an easier time sticking it out through tough times.

Best of luck to you. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight...you know the old adage about hungry people making poor shoppers...it'll come, in it's own due time. Haste is a pilot's worst enemy, anyway.

av8tor

Ya' and be confident that she's being cuddled by another in your absence so she won't be lonely. Call via the POTS line and e-mail her at odd times to verify she at home and listen for mysterious voices. If you suspect something ill - fated is occurring, tell her your deploying to Yemen, stay at the Comfort Inn for two weeks straight and then show up at her doorstep unexpectedly preferrably at night. If you don't find out anything yell at her once in a while just in case.

av8tor

That's awesome! I'm just fueling his fears. In truth, maturity on both your parts puts these fears to bed. This stated, anyone with these obsessive fears is too young to be married. Or she is cheating on him. TEEHEE.

cricechex

Good subject!
I am going to be leaving for the Navy in May 04. I have been dating a girl for almost three years now. We are debating whether to get married before I leave or after my training. She wants to be with me but is concerned about the excessive time we will spend apart. I am kind of answering my own question with this post, but it would probably be better to waite until after the training, huh? The only issue with this is that we won't have the ability to plan a nice wedding if we waite because of the uncertainty of when I'll get days off.
Any comments?
cricechex
AME2STA2USNA

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
av8tor you're killin' me man. Really knock it off!!!

As for getting married because you're going to training...Jody would appreciate it...he not only likes your girl he likes your money too.

Seriously, I've been married almost 2.5 years and my wife was worried about being apart too. However, she also realizes that if I'm not doing something fulfilling that I won't be happy. At the same time only you know your girlfriend and you should after 3 years...if you KNOW she'll stand by you then get married if you have doubts then call it off otherwise not only will you be in a bad marriage it will start affecting your career.

Sooo... then what are the qualities that I should look for in a guy to marry? Pretty sure that's gonna be a harder time than you guys are going to have finding a wife so I'm thinking I'm gonna have major issues.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
(A) av8tor, best post i've seen on here, still laughing, "Its funny, 'cause its true"

(B) littledancerus, you'll be working with 90% DUDES(ok i made that number up but you get the drift). It sucks for us, but it works out for you. Every female aviator I know is with male aviator, either in the same squadron or a sister one.

Status
Not open for further replies.