• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

finding a wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I talked with him through a couple of emails, and he said to just call him because "he hated typing." I've yet to call him, but I intend to pretty soon. Thanks for all your help!

binary_choice

Final Select SNA
I thought I would wake this topic and ask some of my own questions

Since I believe we don't actually choose who we fall for or when...
Has anyone out there started dating someone after they knew they were going to OCS but before they actually left for OCS??? I think it woudl be much easier if a person had dated extensively before OCS... Now I'm not actually talking marriage here...

I am just in a bad situation.... I am interested in a girl who lives in Tijuana (is mexican) (and I live on the East coast) and I go to OCS in Dec... now I might have the opportunity to date here for a few months prior to OCS... I too am just confused and would like other people's input...

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Binary,

Looked at your website, how does a guy from SD end up going to college in Nebraska? Oh well, I would say, what have you got to lose? Besides, if you're still together when you go off to OCS, you'll have someone to come down for the dining out. I've never been in a long dist. relationship myself, but when you think about it, OCS is only as long as a summer, and I know a lot of people in college went summers barely seeing thier bf/gf. Anyway, I think your main concern is what happens after OCS and when you're in the training pipeline...all I can say is you'll never know if you don't try.

Finally, to quote starship troopers "Never turn down a good thing."

CLAM97to99

Does the Navy (or can they) have a policy on dating people from other countries? I would think there could be possible security clearance issues associated with that.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I know someone who married an Iraqi while he was up there. As long as your wife isn't Cuban, North Korean, etc., it shouldn't be a problem for any normal job. If you're going HMX or something else highly sensitive, she would definitely get some serious scrutiny.

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
Binary,

I started dating my fiance a week after he got accepted in to the Navy. We spent the beginning of our relationship sure it wasn't going to go anywhere because he was leaving. More than two years later (he's still not in OCS until August) we're planning a wedding.

I always knew he was leaving - that serving in the Navy was his number one. He was incredibly upfront about his career choices and what that meant for him. As our relationship progressed we started talking about what his career would mean for me as well.

We've decided that WE are worth the sacrfices we both have to make. And WE are going to do this whole heartedly. It is amazing to watch him accomplish what he's always dreamed of doing. His determination and passion for flying and for his country are huge parts of who he is - meaning they're huge parts of who I love.

Like it was stated before - when a woman loves someone she will follow him anywhere. It may not be my first choice - but I will make it work for me, and for us.

The woman that is right for you will feel as strongly for your goals as you do. Your determination will inspire her - or at least that's how I see it!!!

Hope that helps...
Jen

VAmookie

Wife Goals?

All of the women in here talk about following their men anywhere. I agree that if you love someone you will do anything for them and follow them anywhere. My concern is for my girlfriend and soon to be wife. I know she will follow me and be faithful, but i am concerned about what she may be giving up. A lot of the women in here say that they support their guys because they dont want them to give up what they want to do. How many of the women in here have given up what they want to do so they can follow their boyfriend/husband. I know youre happy cause youre with the one you love, but can you really be happy in a situation like this?

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's Worth It!

CORPSviation said:
All of the women in here talk about following their men anywhere. I agree that if you love someone you will do anything for them and follow them anywhere. My concern is for my girlfriend and soon to be wife. I know she will follow me and be faithful, but i am concerned about what she may be giving up. A lot of the women in here say that they support their guys because they dont want them to give up what they want to do. How many of the women in here have given up what they want to do so they can follow their boyfriend/husband. I know youre happy cause youre with the one you love, but can you really be happy in a situation like this?

I used to be engaged to a SNA and I absolutely would have followed him anywhere. It was an easy decision for me to make because I loved him, but I did have to spend some time working out my career options and ended up deciding to pursue a very different field from my degree. I supported him because flying was his dream, and in loving him, I made that my dream too. I may have "given up" some things, like career opportunities, but that just meant that I got to have fun finding something new that fit me. It's not a bad thing at all... when you truly love and want to be with someone, the other things just kind of fade into the background and things fall into place. As for being happy in a 'situation like this', it really depends on the woman. I would be really up front with her from the very beginning so that there are no surprises. If she's a strong woman who is comfortable being independent while you're gone and has a good head on her shoulders, she can definitely be happy. As her husband though, make sure to acknowlege and thank her for the sacrifices she makes for you! :)

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
If you get a married to a foreign girl, the regular secret clearance isn't bad but getting the TS/SCI can be a pain (some of the guys here are married to Eastern European girls). Get the clearance first (along with all of your toys) and then go get the girl! Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary are very niceeeeee and now part of NATO.
Happy Hunting!

VAmookie

Toys?

46Driver said:
If you get a married to a foreign girl, the regular secret clearance isn't bad but getting the TS/SCI can be a pain (some of the guys here are married to Eastern European girls). Get the clearance first (along with all of your toys) and then go get the girl! Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary are very niceeeeee and now part of NATO.
Happy Hunting!

What do you mean by (along with all of your toys) What toys?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As in the car, truck, boat, gun(s), computers, game systems...etc etc.

Disposable income is only that until some chick comes along.

Nikki

I married my husband in November..unexpected.. he is in the Marine Corps and I am in the Air Force. We are stationed 3000 miles apart. If two people really love eachother, anything will work. I met him online...lol. Hey, don't knock it till you try it. :p

He is actually leaving the Corps to be with me..until I get released from the AF. He is going to go to school full time while I support him. Afterwards he is going back in to the Corps to be commissioned.

manny7_99

"women are evil, men are dogs" hope you take this into consideration when making up your mind. good luck brotha!

BTW all those that sound really confident about their fiances,wives, partners...just remember, they've been away for too long to notice anything :D :D :D

~Manny :eek:

Fred

Please tell me you are not in the Navy or considering joining. You sound about as mature as my 14yo.

manny7_99

puh-lease

Fred said:
Please tell me you are not in the Navy or considering joining. You sound about as mature as my 14yo.

Mr. Fred,

please quote so we may know who you are referring to. I assume that was a reply to the previous post(mine), in which case...lighten up. All those smileys mean I am actually joking; well half-joking.

If it is regarding the original post by confused Pilot. He made a valid question and one that regardless of maturity we all deal with at one time or another. Just my opinion
Respectfully,

~Manny :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.