• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fex Iv

Killer2

TRONS!
None
... but they haven't told us what it is yet,... but nobody knows for sure yet.

They have no idea thats why. When I was there they created the AAV prac ap, and they gave us the order like the day before because the just wrote it. It was the worst cut and paste job I have ever seen. :icon_rage

Are they still saying that "they are changing the wheels on the bus, while its moving," thats why the NEW POI is jacked up.

pjxc415

pilot
speaking of writing orders .... i think combat orders week was more grueling than fex IV. it seemed like no one knew it was coming and just seemed like it would never end. for those who don't know - there will be one week where you will write an order every night Sunday - thursday, most of them being plt (+) level ops.

"we're changing the wheels on the bus while its moving" ... gotta love being the guinea pig, and having every test jacked up in some manner or another. hopefully it was corrected for bravo and beyond.

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
"we're changing the wheels on the bus while its moving" ... gotta love being the guinea pig, and having every test jacked up in some manner or another. hopefully it was corrected for bravo and beyond.

Nope. As of Chuck Co. the tests are still pretty screwed up. The only change I've heard of is that they are abandoning the exam reviews as they are pretty useless.

phrogpilot73

I'm in Echo, and as of right now FEX IV is cancelled. Apparently it is being replaced by some training event in Norfolk, but they haven't told us what it is yet, or even if it's a sure thing. The rumor is that it's an amphibious landing, but nobody knows for sure yet.
Considering how I've done a TRUEX in the Norfolk area, that's a mighty lofty goal for a bunch of TBS students... Especially considering all the shipping in the area. We didn't do a single "amphibious landing" in the Norfolk area, there is good training to be had (convoy ops, mechanized assault, etc...) all in an urban environment. But a full-fledged amphibious assault? I'll believe it when I see it. I'd envision more of a ship/LCAC fam period, tied into some other sort of training...

Raptor2216

Well, Charlie Co. 06 was the first one to do "The War" and I had the pleasure of taking part in that. Considering the fact that it was on base and everything we did could be considered relatively normal as far as the actual operations go, it was jacked up in more ways than one. Now, I can only imagine how F-ed up this whole amphib landing will go. At any rate...have fun.

Carno

Insane
Considering how I've done a TRUEX in the Norfolk area, that's a mighty lofty goal for a bunch of TBS students... Especially considering all the shipping in the area. We didn't do a single "amphibious landing" in the Norfolk area, there is good training to be had (convoy ops, mechanized assault, etc...) all in an urban environment. But a full-fledged amphibious assault? I'll believe it when I see it. I'd envision more of a ship/LCAC fam period, tied into some other sort of training...

Well, the rumor didn't specify a location for the amphib assault, but in any case, I agree with you. I just don't think it will ever happen.

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None

Speaking as one of the older gentlemen, my time at TBS did in fact include and amphibious landing. Practice landing in the Atlantic one day and actual feet on the beach the next day in the bay (surf to rough in the Atlantic). Assualt the objective and get on the bus back to TBS.

If in fact you do one of these, you want to have a command billet, platoon/company commander. If you have ever been on an APA you will know why, or maybe you have just seen an old war movie. An 8 person stateroom vs racks 10 high. Chow in the mess or the wardroom (served on china by Philippinos (sp).

Asked my SPC if he didn't think one of the studs who might have to do this for real should be the platoon commander (as I already had my trip to Pensacola given to me). He just smiled and said enjoy.:D

vthokie0

FEX IV is nothing more than haze X. You will walk around for miles and miles through woods, half the time at night and have no idea where you're going or when you'll get there. You may be Plt CMDR for the whole week or may get to be GP, which is nice. Only good advice, bring alot of beef jerky, hope the weather is nice, and DON'T GET ROLLED.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
FEX IV is nothing more than haze X. You will walk around for miles and miles through woods, half the time at night and have no idea where you're going or when you'll get there. You may be Plt CMDR for the whole week or may get to be GP, which is nice. Only good advice, bring alot of beef jerky, hope the weather is nice, and DON'T GET ROLLED.

Dude, TBS is a haze-x. But it ends... eventually.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
On a positive note, we just had the "Road to War" brief and the last and final FEX 4 for a TBS company (EVER) is only two days long, or "48 hours of continuing actions" as they put it.

phrogpilot73

On a positive note, we just had the "Road to War" brief and the last and final FEX 4 for a TBS company (EVER) is only two days long, or "48 hours of continuing actions" as they put it.
Hmm, I remember being told that we did the last one ever. I guess they changed their mind. Bastards.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
No that was the last one after the last one. You know, kind of like fight after the flight.