• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fex Iv

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
There are only 3 numbered FEX's for F Co., but there are plenty of other ones. MOUT FEX is scheduled for 5 nights in the field. I can imagine there being A LOT of room for things other than house to house fighting in that time frame.

AMFEX, that is the amazingly masterminded triple pronged ship to shor offensive by 2ndLts that was dreamt of on this thread awhile back, has been duly dubbed Field Trip FEX by companies of late. Take that FWIW.

Being in the platoon that everybody is happy they're not in, in the company that everybody is happy they're not in, I do believe all is going swimmingly here at The BS. It would be even better if someone wanted to stand my duty during the 96 in Charlies for me.

My watch is digital and I can still hear it ticking the seconds to the time the moving truck pulls up to the hooch here in Stafford.

Haha. I heard you guys have to refer to yourselves in third person and weren't allowed to have computers/tv/cell phones for the first few weeks. Any truth to that or was it just a case of the rumors multiplying in terms of severity?

And day 1 of MOUT is basically demonstrations and learning. Day 2 is Squad movements. Day 3 is Plt. Day 4 and 5 are Company. According to some AIs.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
That third person thing is from one platoon about 3 weeks ago. That only went for about 2 days, and it was to prove a point more than anything. Even though my plt is the one that everybody is glad not to be in right now because we are getting royally "trained" right now, we are still treated like grown men at the end of the day. It's an interesting duality that keeps us from being bitter about the whole situation.