• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fex Iv

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
I guess some things never really change!

Hey so get this...I got the order from the CoCmdr for FEX IV, and in the supporting section I have a section of AV-8Bs on strip alert from my alma mater MAG-13. Pretty awesome! I'm definitely going to call in some notional CAS against those pesky CRF on Monday!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

Hey so get this...I got the order from the CoCmdr for FEX IV, and in the supporting section I have a section of AV-8Bs on strip alert from my alma mater MAG-13. Pretty awesome! I'm definitely going to call in some notional CAS against those pesky CRF on Monday!

You better hope the CRF doesn't use AW to collect OSINT.

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
What is MAG-13 doing in the Quantico Highlands?

Good question. The scenario was that they are on the "Bonhomme Richard in the lower Chesapeake Bay off the coast of the provincial capital of Richmond, Republic of Centralia".

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot

MAG-13 Strip Alert = Eating Bunker Buster at the Afterburner.

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
FEX4 complete. There IS light at the end of the tunnel, finally! Pensacola here I come.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Was just browsing some of the old threads trying to get any gouge on Convoy FEX which takes place tomorrow and thought you all should know that we do have an amphibious exercise - AMPHEX, in which the boat never leaves dock.

Apparently the Co hops on buses and heads to Norfolk apparently touring a Navy ship for a day and a half. I'm not even sure there are billets other than the typical garrison ones.

Oh, and I'm glad there is no FEX IV. :p

Clux4

Banned
No FEX IV?? So is there any culminating event anymore ? No final chance for Captains to haze Lieutenants - to fully demonstrate combat leadership?

StorminNorman

Trying to hit the Dangerzone
in response to fex 4...

coming from a student who currently is in TBS Echo Company, FEX 4 isn't a listed event on the schedule. You must either be referring to convoy, amphib or mout. and all FEX's at TBS are lasting a total of three field days, which is subject to change.
S/F,
2ndLt Norman
USMC

UORBulldog

I was in the first company to not do the FEX. However, we were also the first ones to incorporate a lot of the FEX IV scenarios during MOUT week. I don't know how that's worked out since then

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
There are only 3 numbered FEX's for F Co., but there are plenty of other ones. MOUT FEX is scheduled for 5 nights in the field. I can imagine there being A LOT of room for things other than house to house fighting in that time frame.

AMFEX, that is the amazingly masterminded triple pronged ship to shor offensive by 2ndLts that was dreamt of on this thread awhile back, has been duly dubbed Field Trip FEX by companies of late. Take that FWIW.

Being in the platoon that everybody is happy they're not in, in the company that everybody is happy they're not in, I do believe all is going swimmingly here at The BS. It would be even better if someone wanted to stand my duty during the 96 in Charlies for me.

My watch is digital and I can still hear it ticking the seconds to the time the moving truck pulls up to the hooch here in Stafford.