• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fex Iv

Killer2

TRONS!
None
The Platoon Commander changed at each new movement, the squad leaders and platoon sgt stayed the same. That was back in May and heard it has changed again but I would wait till you get the brief from your company commander. Have fun at FEX WTF IV!

pjxc415

pilot
depends on the company CO. my roommate was plt. cmdr for two days straight. a couple other LTs had billets that lasted about 1/2 day. my recommendation: volunteer for one if you can. you actually know what the hell is going on and it breaks the monotony. have fun with the night marches. wed. night we stepped off at 2200 and didn't make it to our LZ until 0400. that was the worst night, but the other ones weren't much better.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
FEX stands for "Field Exercise". It's the fourth one of the POI (Program of Instruction) at the BOC (Basic Officer Course).

Then I looked at your profile and realized you are a Marine captain, how do you not know what a FEX is?

Killer2

TRONS!
None
FEX 4 is the WAR as it was called back in "Old Corps" Col. M. brought it back and its going through some changes and last I heard it will turn into an amphib landing on a beach in VA. :icon_conf

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I heard that the whole company gets loaded onto a gator, and makes a dual airborne/ground assault on mainside Quantico. LCACs, AAAVs, phrogs, and the whole works. They even get a UDT det attached to them.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
FEX stands for "Field Exercise". It's the fourth one of the POI (Program of Instruction) at the BOC (Basic Officer Course).

Then I looked at your profile and realized you are a Marine captain, how do you not know what a FEX is?

I don't think they were called FEX's when I went through. Like Killer2 said, it's probably the same as "the WAR". 1-2 weeks in the field, 3 platoons versus the other 3 platoons.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
more like 3-4 days, maybe they just took longer to pick up things in "Old Corps" Semper Smilies :icon_smil

pjxc415

pilot
I just heard through the rumor mill that they're cancelling FEX IV from the program and replacing it with an amphibious landing. Can anyone confirm/deny it or have any more details?

Carno

Insane
I'm in Echo, and as of right now FEX IV is cancelled. Apparently it is being replaced by some training event in Norfolk, but they haven't told us what it is yet, or even if it's a sure thing. The rumor is that it's an amphibious landing, but nobody knows for sure yet.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I'm in Echo, and as of right now FEX IV is cancelled. Apparently it is being replaced by some training event in Norfolk, but they haven't told us what it is yet, or even if it's a sure thing. The rumor is that it's an amphibious landing, but nobody knows for sure yet.

moto ... but Im sure it will still suck :D