• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Female Navy Student Shot in Pensacola

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Just curious how you know step for step what Brown did. The coroners office had to look at the physical evidence to determine what actually unfolded. That physical evidence led to Officer Wilson being cleared in this case. It makes me wonder where you got your information.
I think it's fairly clear there was an altercation at the vehicle, that Brown walked away, that the officer followed him, and that Brown turned around and charged him at some point. Brown was not killed while in the act of reaching for the gun through the window of the car.Screenshot_20200510-170437_Chrome.jpg

Or you can read it in the NYT

Last edited:

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
1) So, let me get this straight. You are willing to paint all white people in Georgia (or elsewhere, I don't know?) as racists and tag the McMichaels as racists who racially profiled because of some people deciding to hold a segregated prom?? For context, there are 5 million (give or take a few hundred thousand) white people in Georgia.

2) The house was not under construction in that sense. It was being renovated. Do you as a grown person wander into the random houses when out and about today? I know kids do foolish things, but are you seriously making light of someone walking into a house that isn't his? Of course, as I've mentioned, perhaps the fact that Ahmaud was in a house that wasn't his has zero relevance to this case. That's an outstanding question.

3) You can try to racialize this all you want, and note that you haven't been shot for certain actions because you're #NotBlack. But, as I've mentioned before, such a narrative is silly and not supported by the actual data on the ground. Again, year after year blacks kill substantially more whites in this country than the reverse is true, despite there being substantially more whites in this country than blacks. While that, alone, is likewise not proof of any racism, it would be more compelling on the other side of things using your logic.
Do not put words in my mouth, not only it is insulting, but it shows a lack of reading comprehension. Georgia, and more generally speaking "the south," is a very different place than the rest of the country. I brought up the segregated proms to illustrate a point about the culture in Georgia -- which I should add is not simply one high school or town, but a widespread and common situation which persisted until at least 2013. If you've never spent time in Georgia outside of ATL or the Coke Museum, perhaps you deserve the benefit of the doubt. I am not racializing shit, the entire region comes spring-loaded for that by default.

GroundPounder

You can also argue that if Brown hadn't been born poor and black in a Missouri shit hole his statistical chances of being alive would be considerably higher. He was a teenager, he broke the law, and he was killed for it.

That's not justice, and that's not the America I want.

According to the Justice Department led by Mr. Holder, who was appointed by President Obama, the shooting was justified.

I don't beleive that either of the two would have chosen to not rectify a wrong, given their ability to do so. Had the evidence been there to charge the officer they shouldvand could have done so.

Part of the problem with that incident was that many " facts " were not true, once the narrative of " hands up, don't shoot " was accepted as fact, what happened afterwards was inevitable.

It may be what you actually beleive, but do you really want police to wait for back up prior to attempting to arrest suspects? In many areas, that is not feasible.

I'll defer comment at all on the Brunswick incident at this point.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
6'4, 300 pound guy who I just shot? Yeah, I'd keep my distance for the 90 seconds or so it took the rest of the cops to arrive. Or shoot him in the leg...I don't know. I'm not a cop. But I do know I can shoot better than old Officer Wilson.

If by justified you mean the officer was afraid for his life then I agree. I'd be also. But, I wouldn't classify Wilson's actions as an appropriate escalation of force.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I think it's fairly clear there was an altercation at the vehicle, that Brown walked away, that the officer followed him, and that Brown turned around and charged him at some point. Brown was not killed while in the act of reaching for the gun through the window of the car.View attachment 25706

Or you can read it in the NYT
So a justified shooting. Criminal attacks cop, gets dispatched.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
“Shoot him in the leg.” That’s like raising a flag saying you have no clue about lethal force.
Yeah, sorry. I didn't go to TBS.

Physics tells me that people do run slower on one leg. Again, I'm not a cop. Nor am I an expert on escalation of force, but what Wilson did doesn't seem to be that at all.

Considering the amount of bullets fired versus the amount of hits I'm certain Wilson wasn't ever a crack shot either and probably didn't even mean to kill the guy. He obviously didn't go to TBS.

Since you obviously are an expert on lethal force, what do you think he should have done?

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Yeah, sorry. I didn't go to TBS.

Physics tells me that people do run slower on one leg. Again, I'm not a cop. Nor am I an expert on escalation of force, but what Wilson did doesn't seem to be that at all.

Considering the amount of bullets fired versus the amount of hits I'm certain Wilson wasn't ever a crack shot either and probably didn't even mean to kill the guy. He obviously didn't go to TBS.
Well you said you’re a better shot than the officer, so you sound pretty bad ass. I bet you would have performed better after being attacked by a 6’4” 300lb criminal by coolly kneecapping him with precision, against all policies, training, and common sense. Bravo.

GroundPounder

6'4, 300 pound guy who I just shot? Yeah, I'd keep my distance for the 90 seconds or so it took the rest of the cops to arrive. Or shoot him in the leg...I don't know. I'm not a cop. But I do know I can shoot better than old Officer Wilson.

If by justified you mean the officer was afraid for his life then I agree. I'd be also. But, I wouldn't classify Wilson's actions as an appropriate escalation of force.

Shooting someone is deadly force, and LE are trained to shoot center mass. I've seen plenty of people shot in the leg that lost their lives.

Unless you have ever fired a handgun at someone that was actively trying to kill you, don't judge markmanship.

I've fired thousands of rounds at the range, all which were dramatically different that the three rounds I fired on a particular cold November day.

I understand your thought process, but it's a much more complicated issue than you make it out to be. The use of deadly force, that is.

It is curious to me that the general public tends to latch on to justfied incidents, and ones that police are 99% wrong seem to go by the wayside.

Again, my comments are not related to or do they refer to the Brunswick area incident.

CWO_change

Do not put words in my mouth, not only it is insulting, but it shows a lack of reading comprehension. Georgia, and more generally speaking "the south," is a very different place than the rest of the country. I brought up the segregated proms to illustrate a point about the culture in Georgia -- which I should add is not simply one high school or town, but a widespread and common situation which persisted until at least 2013. If you've never spent time in Georgia outside of ATL or the Coke Museum, perhaps you deserve the benefit of the doubt. I am not racializing shit, the entire region comes spring-loaded for that by default.

Do tell me where I put words in your mouth. You are willing to paint the McMichaels as racist based on your belief of whites in Georgia being racist. I merely asked if this applied to whites everywhere, hence the question mark in parentheses.

The south being different than the rest of the country does not show me that racism is the order of the day among whites or anyone else in the south, though its clear that you're going to continue stereotyping people based on where they live despite not knowing anything about them (in this case, the McMichaels). And bringing up segregated proms in Georgia tells me nothing about the cultural norm in Georgia nor about the background of the McMichaels. You are willing to use the racism of parents from a relative few high schools in Georgia hosting segregated proms to support your belief that the MiMichaels have the same racist views and, accordingly, targeted Ahmaud because of these racist views. That's nonsense and the record doesn't support it.

And widespread and common? I'm afraid that you have shown a lack of reading comprehension, bud. Not only does the article you post not point to some widespread or common problem, but an internet search on my own shows a relative handful of cases in recent times; it is more fair to write that the problem has been recent. Thus, again, out of a few cases of parents hosting racist proms, you're willing to claim that this is the culture of Georgia and that such a culture (i.e. racism) was shown by the McMichaels? Doesn't compute. Again, there are 5 million whites in Georgia.

Of course, I see that you're silent on the inconvenient numbers of blacks killing substantially more whites in this country each year than the reverse is true, which puts a wedge in the narrative that you're pushing that people are being attacked because they are black; and that you're not being attacked because you're white.

Last edited:

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Well you said you’re a better shot than the officer, so you sound pretty bad ass. I bet you would have performed better after being attacked by a 6’4” 300lb criminal by coolly kneecapping him with precision, against all policies, training, and common sense. Bravo.
Youre just being petty. I never said any of that. I actually said I'd be scared and stay in the car.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Shooting someone is deadly force, and LE are trained to shoot center mass. I've seen plenty of people shot in the leg that lost their lives.

Unless you have ever fired a handgun at someone that was actively trying to kill you, don't judge markmanship.

I've fired thousands of rounds at the range, all which were dramatically different that the three rounds I fired on a particular cold November day.

I understand your thought process, but it's a much more complicated issue than you make it out to be. The use of deadly force, that is.

It is curious to me that the general public tends to latch on to justfied incidents, and ones that police are 99% wrong seem to go by the wayside.

Again, my comments are not related to or do they refer to the Brunswick area incident.
Oh, maybe I came off a little wrong while making fun of Treetop.

I 100% agree. I think shooting under stressful conditions is one of the most challenging things anyone who carries a side arm can do. I've shot low light, night, NVG, moving, all the things. It's hard and it's perishable. It's one of the main reasons I fear every single Jim and Bob all strapped at the movie theater when and if an active shooter ever goes down. I fear bullets will be everywhere. Not everyone is a cool and good as that one guy in the church in Texas.

I apologize for the digression.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I recommend you read the official report on the Brown case. You’ll find this:

“The distribution of the casings, combined with most of the casings being east of the body, was consistent with the officer moving backward while firing.“

And...

“Blood spatter approximately 25 feet behind Brown's body suggested he was moving toward Wilson when he was killed.”

You need to put your white guilt down for a second and take in some facts. Quit making up shit to fit your narrative. I’m taking comments from the incident report. You’re making up shit based on what you believe to be true, based off of what you want to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.