• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Female Navy Student Shot in Pensacola

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You honestly think race played no part? Have you ever been to Georgia bud?

And I do appreciate the fact you had some racist ass statistics on the quick draw to support your ridiculous opinion.

The whole thing is almost a bad episode of Chappelle show.

CWO_change

You honestly think race played no part?

The point is that I have no clue. Even if I think that race could have played a factor, it would be irresponsible for me to make such a charge without knowing squat about the McMichaels. I'm open to evidence supporting that the McMichaels are racist and they they racially profiled Ahmaud. But I've seen zero evidence outside of assumptions to support such a contention.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I'd be interested to know what your criteria for race playing a factor would be.

Obviously two white guys shooting an unarmed black kid and not being arrested for it doesn't meet the bar.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The point is that I have no clue. Even if I think that race could have played a factor, it would be irresponsible for me to make such a charge without knowing squat about the McMichaels. I'm open to evidence supporting that the McMichaels are racist and they they racially profiled Ahmaud. But I've seen zero evidence outside of assumptions to support such a contention.
You seem to be going out of your way to defend the murderers in this case. Why would you do that? It doesn't matter whether they were racists or not. They executed the guy, and these exculpatory details you're supposing exist do not change that fact.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You honestly think race played no part? Have you ever been to Georgia bud?

And I do appreciate the fact you had some racist ass statistics on the quick draw to support your ridiculous opinion.

The whole thing is almost a bad episode of Chappelle show.
How is a statistic “racist”. Good Lord.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
If you wanna sit here and nit pick the facts and try to justify that the kid somehow brought it upon himself or had it coming because of his "criminal history" (skin color) then you're a fucking racist too and a part of the problem.

You didn’t reply to my comment specifically, but you used verbiage from my comment, which is why I’m going to respond. If you weren’t responding to my post and calling me a racist, then disregard. My post made it perfectly clear that this was unacceptable and by no means do I advocate these guys confronting him.

That aside, I’m not sure why you put “skin color” in parenthesis next to criminal history. Skin color has absolutely nothing to do with criminal history. Skin color is not a good indicator of a persons character and lifestyle, criminal history is. Do you disagree with my statement that a life of criminal activity greatly increases your chances of becoming a victim of violent crime? Do you disagree that a person has a choice to not engage in a life of criminal activity? While my comment didn’t say he deserved it, I am saying that he could have avoided it. (If it turns out he’s a career criminal and his actions led to this.)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Do you agree that any prior conviction on his part whatsoever precluded him to be shot? Does his theoretical "life of crime" alter his current constitutional right to due process?

Or has criminal history been more commonly used to justify wrongful deaths in our country?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Yes. Your turn.
Since you're in a mood today.

Any statistic pertaining to or relating to race which is presented at the beginning of an idea in order to support the kid some how "had it coming" or that tries to obfuscate the seriousness of a particular situation by comparing it to another race could theoretically be construed as racist.

"Hey, I'm no racist but blacks kill more white people than the other way around."

The difference is black people usually go to jail for it.

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
Do you agree that any prior conviction on his part whatsoever precluded him to be shot? Does his theoretical "life of crime" alter his current constitutional right to due process?

Or has criminal history been more commonly used to justify wrongful deaths in our country?
You didn’t answer either of my questions, nor did I say his criminal history or any other factor would justify his death here. You need to listen to what I’m saying.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You didn’t answer either of my questions, nor did I say his criminal history or any other factor would justify his death here. You need to listen to what I’m saying.
I think you saying he could have avoided it by choosing not to live a life of crime is stupid.

And whether you think you're racist or not....white people saying shit like that makes us all look dumb.

CWO_change

You seem to be going out of your way to defend the murderers in this case. Why would you do that? It doesn't matter whether they were racists or not. They executed the guy, and these exculpatory details you're supposing exist do not change that fact.

How is questioning and waiting for the full record to present itself before reaching a conclusion defending the McMichaels? As I've mentioned, the available evidence that has been released so far leads me to believe that the McMichaels acted in a way inconsistent with the law and that a charge of felony murder seems appropriate so far, but that there are still some unknowns. And if certain facts regarding the knowledge of the McMichaels of Ahmaud's presence in the house do come to light, then we are not dealing with an unlawful stop or killing. Hence, my bringing up the second video. Given that the second video deals with a set of facts that happened on the day of the incident (again, it may very well be irrelevant if the McMichaels knew nothing about Ahmaud's presence in the house), it is worthy of discussion IMO.

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
I think you saying he could have avoided it by choosing not to live a life of crime is stupid.

You’re free to think that, but statistics show that you are more likely to be a victim of a violent crime. If someone breaks into my house, they’re getting shot between the eyes. If they make it out of my house, it’s their lucky day because I’m calling the cops.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Certain evidence like what exactly? What could he possibly have done in that empty house to deserve to die?

Status
Not open for further replies.