• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2015 Supply DCO Board Cancelled

SlimShady

The Real...
I'm not sure if this true or not so you may have to ask your recruiter - I was told that you had to have a security clearance prior to selection due to the fact that past selects have later been declined a security clearance for one reason or another and never commissioned. My understanding was that this requirement came about at the same time that they changed the rules to make it so that your physical had to be complete prior to board for the reason that selects were then failing the physical for one reason or another... I may be wrong, but this is what I was told.
Then again, if your recruiter told you that your kit is "Ord Pro" then it has been deemed free of errors and board ready, so the security clearance would not be an issue...

RaginCajun

I'm working off old information from my process. My clearance was not processed until after I was accepted.

From my understanding, is that after you get Selected they do your security clearance. The government is not going to waste money on you prior with conducting a background investigation. It was definitely a good thing to make the Medical Screening to be done prior so that way if you are selected you know you are good and not get disappointed a month later saying your not physically fit to be in the Navy. They do it with enlisted prior to you coming in.

RaginCajun

Also, on the physical side of things. If you are accepted, please make sure to be within physical standards at all times. If you aren't you are going to piss off a ton of people. They now do weigh ins and mock PRTs for every AT. Doesn't matter if you just did it at home command, or are about to do it at home command, you'll do it. Weigh in too heavy and you are going home.

Lockup

Id say you have the best stats of anyone ive seen on here, being a supervisor, unlimited warrant, mba, and DAWIA Level III, and some prior service. Good Luck

Thanks, I've been at this for about 2 years so I am hoping to get picked up.

Last edited:

Lockup

its been 2 years to get your package ready? or you've applied before?

From the time I started and put in for some information on the Website until now it has been about 2 years exactly. My package was ready a while ago but with 2 cancelled boards that has held me up. There have been a few ups and downs include 5 trips to MEPS.

Yeah I agree. I started my package back in March of 2013 and when the board convened last year in 2014 my recruiter was on Emergency Leave and didn't get my package submitted in time so I missed last years deadline. I didn't have problems like you with MEPS because I am an Enlisted Sailor in the Reserves right now so I was able to do my medical screening at the NOSC. I have a positive feeling I will get Selected with getting primarily O-6 Interviews from Supply Officers and the Endorsement from a US Congressman.

Lockup

Yeah I agree. I started my package back in March of 2013 and when the board convened last year in 2014 my recruiter was on Emergency Leave and didn't get my package submitted in time so I missed last years deadline. I didn't have problems like you with MEPS because I am an Enlisted Sailor in the Reserves right now so I was able to do my medical screening at the NOSC. I have a positive feeling I will get Selected with getting primarily O-6 Interviews from Supply Officers and the Endorsement from a US Congressman.

Yeah I just had to do a few consults because of prior injuries and then go back and do an inspection when they hadn't seen me in a while. Good luck!

SlimShady

The Real...
Also, on the physical side of things. If you are accepted, please make sure to be within physical standards at all times. If you aren't you are going to piss off a ton of people. They now do weigh ins and mock PRTs for every AT. Doesn't matter if you just did it at home command, or are about to do it at home command, you'll do it. Weigh in too heavy and you are going home.
RaginCajun is correct - I verified with my recruiter a few minutes ago. The only change was the physical had to be done prior. The security clearance is done after the fact...

SlimShady

The Real...
Well, down to the last few days. I look at all the great folks on here with stellar stats and I try to convince myself that I am still competitive, but there are so few slots and some really qualified folks in the mix. I started this about a year ago. As I put my kit together a friend forwarded it to a CDR that used to run the board, and, after he reviewed my resume, MS, and prior service, he sent me an email back to tell me that he felt that I was an exceptional candidate, mostly due to my civilian experience and leadership background - but that was all prior to the draw down in the supply corps needs and board cancellations... Now, I'm not so confident. We shall see. Good luck to all of you.