• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2015 Supply DCO Board Cancelled

SlimShady

The Real...
Does anyone know how many kits have been submitted and are good to go to the board? Is 15-20 the number of applicants still?

38 y.o. female
prior service active duty Navy aircraft mechanic
BS Professional Aeronautics, Cum Laude
Masters Aeronautical Science, 3.9 GPA
PhD Business Administration, 3.7 GPA. I am almost done with the PhD, waiting on oral defense.
Working in contracts and projects and manage over 300 staff worldwide.
Business and Aviation professor.
I know that, as of 1 May, there were 140 kits ready for the board. I'm sure there were a bunch after that... going to be very competitive...

Lockup

Wow it’s been a long journey but here is hoping we all finally reach a board. Been lurking a while and it was nice to see some good information here. Some stats on me. Not quite as old as SlimShady so it’s good to know that if we both make it I won’t have a shot at being the oldest O-1 in the Navy.

44 years old Prior service of 4 years
BS Information Technology 4.0 GPA
MBA, 3.77 GPA
Contracting Officer for the Air Force for the last 7 years.
Unlimited Warrant
Supervisor for a little over a year now.
DAWAI level III certified

Good luck to everyone!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Have you tried joining the USAF Reserve? I know a 64P IMA O-4 who is now a CONS/CC on full time activation. She says they (USAFR) need all the contracting officers they can get. Especially with the high ops tempo and the stand-up of AFICA and AFIMSC.

Lockup

Have you tried joining the USAF Reserve? I know a 64P IMA O-4 who is now a CONS/CC on full time activation. She says they (USAFR) need all the contracting officers they can get. Especially with the high ops tempo and the stand-up of AFICA and AFIMSC.

I have considered the Air Force. It kind of was the logical choice but I wanted to go to the Navy because that is where my prior service is. I also heard that it is near impossible to get into the Air Force as an officer if you were not already one. Now contracting may be more open I don't know. The Navy lets me do DCO while the Air Force I believe makes you go through the whole 3 month OCS. Not that I am opposed to doing that but being 44 I have to be careful and plan for 3 months pay cuts like that (something I recall getting paid like an E-5 while in OCS).

As a side note ironically I have worked in AFICA before it was AFICA when it used to be ESG. If the Navy says no and I still have time I would not be opposed to exploring that option.

The Air Force is definitely weird with their Officer Programs. I am only 35 and spent 12 years in the Navy on Active Duty and transitioned straight in the Navy Reserves with a total of 14 and a half yeas of Navy service and looked into the Air Force also. They told me that I was to old for any officer program, but I could come into the Air Force Reserves as an E-5. I would have taken a drop from an E-6 to an E-5 so I told them NO Thank You!!!

US Navy DCO is a better shot for me being an LS1, having degrees and experience in the Supply Corps field already.

RaginCajun

Are you an LS1 or LS2?

Also, BQC-NR is Basic Qualification Course Navy Reserve for Supply Officers. I'd assume you know what MILSTRIPs are if you are an LS. Gotta learn them in BQC-NR, and having prior knowledge of them will prove helpful is all I was saying.

TheAperturist

In light of recent events, does anyone know if the security clearance starts processing before or after selection? In other words, do they even bother to process that until you are selected? Been wondering for a while and the recent breach kind of stepped up my curiosity.

issac013

Wow it’s been a long journey but here is hoping we all finally reach a board. Been lurking a while and it was nice to see some good information here. Some stats on me. Not quite as old as SlimShady so it’s good to know that if we both make it I won’t have a shot at being the oldest O-1 in the Navy.

44 years old Prior service of 4 years
BS Information Technology 4.0 GPA
MBA, 3.77 GPA
Unlimited Warrant
Supervisor for a little over a year now.
DAWAI level III certified

Good luck to everyone!

Id say you have the best stats of anyone ive seen on here, being a supervisor, unlimited warrant, mba, and DAWIA Level III, and some prior service. Good Luck

SlimShady

The Real...
In light of recent events, does anyone know if the security clearance starts processing before or after selection? In other words, do they even bother to process that until you are selected? Been wondering for a while and the recent breach kind of stepped up my curiosity.
I'm not sure if this true or not so you may have to ask your recruiter - I was told that you had to have a security clearance prior to selection due to the fact that past selects have later been declined a security clearance for one reason or another and never commissioned. My understanding was that this requirement came about at the same time that they changed the rules to make it so that your physical had to be complete prior to board for the reason that selects were then failing the physical for one reason or another... I may be wrong, but this is what I was told.