• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 11th 2006

Word of advice,....something maybe nobody has touched on yet.....Pensacola has some of the worst drivers I've ever seen, and the locals don't care for their vehicles(or yours) very much. It's smart here to keep your comprehnsive deductable low. I have a new mustang, and in 6 months I've recieved 3 door scratches, and somebody actually parked against my bumper and left their vehicle parked touching mine at the walmart right outside of the base. Funny though, think I'm gonna leave my car parked at OCS versus my aprtments, cause I think it might be safer there..geez :)

Cornellianintel

Steve1001 said:
Word of advice,....something maybe nobody has touched on yet.....Pensacola has some of the worst drivers I've ever seen, and the locals don't care for their vehicles(or yours) very much. It's smart here to keep your comprehnsive deductable low. I have a new mustang, and in 6 months I've recieved 3 door scratches, and somebody actually parked against my bumper and left their vehicle parked touching mine at the walmart right outside of the base. Funny though, think I'm gonna leave my car parked at OCS versus my aprtments, cause I think it might be safer there..geez :)

Thanks for the heads up. I was actually considering buying a new within the next month or so. I'll put that off until after OCS and just keep on pimping my college-mobile.

Best,
cac

Logico

I'm driving from Kansas. Do I need to have a DoD sticker on my car prior to arriving at OCS?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Logico said:
I'm driving from Kansas. Do I need to have a DoD sticker on my car prior to arriving at OCS?

No. Just show the guard your OCS orders, then the candi Os will get you a temp pass for the duration of OCS

nope, just get a one day pass from the front gate(they might not even require that), and then from reading the OCS website, they'll issue you a vehicle pass at OCS that'll last you til you leave.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
yeah, I got my vehicle pass somewhere around week.... 4? Don't worry about it. And bring a car cover if you have one.

Logico

VetteMuscle427 said:
You guys are lucky. You have a REALLY solid class team. Your DI was just selected for promotion to E-8, he is still an E-7 though. And your Class Chief is the best one there. Have fun guys.

I figure that the E-7s at OCS are buckin for E-8 and that is why they chose the OCS duty. Any chance that our gunny will go light on us since he has achieved E-8?

PURower

pilot
Logico,
I don't think so. I am bringin my car from CT and according to the website all you need is the standard reg. and proof of insurance type stuff and they give you a sticker or whatever when you first arrive. If it isn't registered to you though you need a notarized note saying you have permission to use the vehicle. It is all posted on the OCS website in think in the FAQ part.
-Chris

Logico

PURower said:
Logico,
I don't think so. I am bringin my car from CT and according to the website all you need is the standard reg. and proof of insurance type stuff and they give you a sticker or whatever when you first arrive. If it isn't registered to you though you need a notarized note saying you have permission to use the vehicle. It is all posted on the OCS website in think in the FAQ part.
-Chris

Thanks.

I had lunch with an O-1 the other day who was 3 weeks out of OCS. He gave me some really good gouge on what to expect. All I have to say is be ready for our first Saturday! First week (and especially Saturday) is weed-out city! We sleep in barracks (sp?) for the first week and then are moved to our 4 person rooms. We should lose our voices on day 1. Don't show up as "the fat kid". Chow time is a nightmare. You only need a $20 bill as far as cash goes. If you have dep's you will still get BAS and you will also get a separation allowance of about $200. Multiple guys per shower head. People generally score really bad on their IN-PRT because everyone is tired, hungry, and sick. Everyone gets sick with "the OCS crud". and so on...and so on...

Sounds like fun, where do I sign?:eek:

Well, I'm in shape, and the know the memorization pretty good,...picked up my t-shirts and crew socks, and got my paperwork together,.....man I'm ready to go !!

Logico

Steve1001 said:
Well, I'm in shape, and the know the memorization pretty good,...picked up my t-shirts and crew socks, and got my paperwork together,.....man I'm ready to go !!

Steve,

It sounds like you are on top of things. Do you know the chain of command? I can't find the names for the life of me. If you have them please PM me with it.

Thanks

PS: The O-1 also said the best time he had at OCS was when he sneaked out to his car where he had stashed a bag of peanuts and he laid out on his back seat floor board and ate them for about 10 minutes. So don't forget the peanuts. :)

Logico

Cornellianintel said:
Hey Joe,

I posted this a couple of weeks ago. You must really have your head into the big move if you aren't checking the forum!

Best,
Chris

You are so right. Thanks for the info though. My head has been all over the place lately. I just got back from a 4.6 mile run so I haven't been completely out of the loop. :) My push-ups and sit-ups still suck though but they will do...I'll make you all look good I guess.

EVERYONE: I got my orders via e-mail from my recruiting command today. It is just a text file that tells me where to go, some resources that we all know already, etc.

It says that I should show up at OCS "no earlier than 1200 Feb 11th 2006 and no later than 1200 Feb 12th 2006." This must be why there has been some confusion about when to get there. I'm going to show up on the 12th at 0800-0900.

Cornellianintel

Logico said:
You are so right. Thanks for the info though. My head has been all over the place lately. I just got back from a 4.6 mile run so I haven't been completely out of the loop. :) My push-ups and sit-ups still suck though but they will do...I'll make you all look good I guess.

EVERYONE: I got my orders via e-mail from my recruiting command today. It is just a text file that tells me where to go, some resources that we all know already, etc.

It says that I should show up at OCS "no earlier than 1200 Feb 11th 2006 and no later than 1200 Feb 12th 2006." This must be why there has been some confusion about when to get there. I'm going to show up on the 12th at 0800-0900.

Nice running, man. Just keep working on the push-ups and sit-ups. We're all going to get much better at OCS, anyway. I haven't run anywhere close to five miles since my freshman year in college, but I may go for one long-distance deal before we leave. I'm having to strike a delicate balance between dieting to lose weight and eating enough to keep myself energized.

I'll be on the lookout for my orders. I have a meeting with an officer from my distract on Thursday, so I should be able to get some useful info out of him about OCS.

Best,
Chris

PURower

pilot
Wish I had my orders. I still can't even get a mentor to get access to the NKO site. I feel so out of the loop. My only connection to anything OCS is you guys and this forum. So for that, I thank you all.