• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 11th 2006

My orders read different,...dont know why,...mine say arrive no earlier than 9 Feb, and no later than 10 Feb.....no times given. Wonder if they're gonna get updated before I check out of my current command.

Logico

PURower said:
Wish I had my orders. I still can't even get a mentor to get access to the NKO site. I feel so out of the loop. My only connection to anything OCS is you guys and this forum. So for that, I thank you all.

If it makes you feel better...why don't you drop and give me 40 right now!

Logico

Steve1001 said:
My orders read different,...dont know why,...mine say arrive no earlier than 9 Feb, and no later than 10 Feb.....no times given. Wonder if they're gonna get updated before I check out of my current command.

That's strange. I wouldn't show up that early. If I were you I would call OCS or BUPERS to see what the mix up is. If you are really in our class (and not the one before us) you shouldn't show up until Feb 12th.

Cornellianintel

Why was our chain of command taken down. Forgive me if I'm overlooking something or being too presumptuous, but is the Chain of Command for OCS a matter of national security or something?:watching2.

A word from the mods as to why they remove something would be nice and considerate.

Best,
Chris

Eh,..if my orders are still the same when I pick up the official copy in in Feb, I'll talk to somebody...worst comes to worst I just show 2 days early, won't kill me.

Crowbar

None
Cornellianintel said:
Why was our chain of command taken down. Forgive me if I'm overlooking something or being too presumptuous, but is the Chain of Command for OCS a matter of national security or something?:watching2.

A word from the mods as to why they remove something would be nice and considerate.

Best,
Chris

Adhering to proper OPSEC/INFOSEC would be nice and considerate, also.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
every class' orders are messed up. priors get different dates than everyone else etc. it doesn't matter. show up on sunday between 10-11. and go in a pack. Don't be the guy that shows up early, why bring on the suck a few hours earlier than needed? You'll figure it out.

Logico

I just ran my 3rd 4.6 mile run (all in around 37 minutes) today. I also did 85 sit ups which I am very proud of because it is a personal best for me since I suck at sit ups. And I did my normal 60 push ups which I can't really see changing too much until OCS.

Question: The OCS web-site says that we should have a copy of our transcript showing our degree(s), our wife and children (if applicable) birth certificates, and a copy of our marriage certificate to process for BAH purposes.

But I got into OCS through BDCP so I have been getting BAH for over a year now and the Navy already has all of my transcripts, my kids birth certificates, my marriage certificate, etc. Aren't these instructions NOT intended for someone who was in BDCP and are rather aimed at the direct commission guys who will be establishing BAH for the first time?

Thanks,
Joe

Cornellianintel

I'm sure you've thought of this yourself, but unless I heard explicitly otherwise, I'd just go ahead and play it safe. You know how counter-intuitive (yeah that's a euphemism) things can be in the Navy!!

I got my orders by the way! See you all in a couple of weeks.

Best,
Chris

I feel the same way,...I've been recieving BAH for the last 6 years, but I've still already got all that paperwork in my OCS bag. Better safe than sorry, and I don't want another reason to get yelled at ;)

Logico

I will get copies of all that stuff, I was just curious if anyone would say "you don't need it".

Logico

Anyone heard anything yet about your security clearance? It's been over a year since anyone has called me or contacted any of my family about it.

UGAdawg34

IW Selectee
I haven't heard anything on my clearance either. I'm assuming that there were no problems, which there shouldn't have been of course.:D

I'll be driving down on the 10th and I didn't know if anyone had made plans on where we should all try to stay at. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

-Joe