• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 11th 2006

I don't know if it was screwed up or if it's the way it is,....but when I went through the NKO course about OCS ettequite (sp?) about a year ago, it didn't explain jack crap about the stuff you're tested on at the end. I had to take that thing 3 times I think guessing the whole way.....On a different note, a couple of the guys I work with saw 3 of the DI's working out at the gym and they were bench pressing 425 lbs., so prepair to be intimidated !!

PURower

pilot
Hey Everyone!
I'll be in your class as well. I am looking forward to it. Working out everyday and studying up on that memorization. See you all soon
-Chris

Waddaqt29

Did someone say poker?

Logico said:
Do any of you guys play online poker (play money)?

I thought it would be fun to plan a poker night for as many of our classmates as we can. There is a free poker web-site called www.pokerstars.net where we can all sit at the table and play poker and chat. I thought it might be fun and a great way to "break the ice" with as many people as we can. You can even set up your picture there and chat while you play.

If you are interested in doing this, please post that you are and we can set up a time. After you post, send me an e-mail too: joe.hatfield@gmail.com

I am a regular on Pokerstars and we have probably already played each other.....when's the next game?....I won't be in your class, but would be happy to show you how to lose.....A

Logico

Cornellianintel said:
I don't bet money, but if hold em' is your game, I'm always ready to get a good game going. I wonder if we're gonna be able to get any of that going once we secure (lol).

Let's see if other people want to join. If not, screw them and we'll just play. I'll give it a few more days for other people to stop PTing and read this thread.

I can't get on very often cause I'm a newlywed, but I'll jump on sometime....I say screw inviting people that aren't in the class ;) I was also wondering if there were any other prior service people in our class on the message board....hadn't heard from any others yet. ~~Murf out~~

BTW, if anyone is bringing a spouse and needs some property info, I can hook em up with some websites for the better apartments and some real estate agencies. There's a lot of apartments here I woulnd't want my family staying at.

Does anyone have word on what our chain of command is going to be....I have the titles memorized, but no names to go with them. Thanks in advance

PURower

pilot
I had the same question. I tried to find out by getting a mentor on the website but I haven't heard a response back on that yet either.

UGAdawg34

IW Selectee
Yeah, good luck with that. I've been to the "Contact Us" page twice and haven't heard anything. I'm just going to search for as many as possible on my own and hope that they are right.

PURower

pilot
Hey CAC,
I still haven't been able to get a response from an mentor....I used the "contact us" button on the OCS website but nothing. I want to be able to do the NKO stuff but without a way of getting in or having a mentor I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions? By the way, we have the same initials.

-Chris

Thanks for the CoC CAC ;) . Really though, I appreciate it, every little thing will save our butts a little more. Thanks again

Cornellianintel

PURower said:
Hey CAC,
I still haven't been able to get a response from an mentor....I used the "contact us" button on the OCS website but nothing. I want to be able to do the NKO stuff but without a way of getting in or having a mentor I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions? By the way, we have the same initials.

-Chris

Hey Chris (same first name, too)

I wouldn't worry too much about being ignored. I think it took me (and just about everyone else) at least a few days to a week to get anyone from OTCP or the NKO website to respond to me. If I remember correctly, after sending about four e-mails, I actually tried to register as a new user on the site. After several messages informing me that "I wasn't authorized", I think they actually referred me to my mentor. It almost always takes them at least a couple of days to respond, though.

Keep at it. They'll have to respond sooner or later.

Best,
cac

Cornellianintel

Steve1001 said:
Thanks for the CoC CAC ;) . Really though, I appreciate it, every little thing will save our butts a little more. Thanks again

No problem, man. I think people are finally getting back from the holidays. Repsonses are coming much faster.

Best

Cornellianintel

Cornellianintel said:
64 push-ups
67 sit-ups
10:22 Run

I took an unnecessarily long break after my last PFT. I'm kicking arse and taking names now, though. Hope to be up to excellent mid-outstanding low by OCS.

Take care

Update!

I'm just about maxing on push-ups (84)
Have a long way to go on curl-ups (70-80)
Haven't timed a 1.5 miler since since PFT.

I run 3 miles in 24 minutes on a very slight incline 4 times a week. I also do wind sprints up a steep incline (about 30 degrees) twice a week when I have the energy. I still spend two hours (including run) working my entire body on M, T, TH, F. I'm going to cut some of that out by the end of the month and just focus on the PFT.

Anybody know of any good, energy rich foods that won't hinder my never ending quest to get back down to high-school weight (180)?

Take care,
Chris

Rock on Chris, I'm at about the same times as you....I've been doing 3 miles in about 23:20. Maybe we should pace eachother come in-PRT. I hit between 10:00 and 10:30 on the mile and a half.