• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 11th 2006

KSUFLY

pilot
Logico said:
Also again, I noticed that our class date is Feb 11th but that would put us there on a Saturday. I thought that OCS classes begin only on Sundays? What am I missing?

The orders will have either a Friday or Saturday date on them. But you will be told to come back on Sunday at 0800. I recommend around 1100.

Logico

KSUFLY said:
The orders will have either a Friday or Saturday date on them. But you will be told to come back on Sunday at 0800. I recommend around 1100.

Well, I'm going to show up when my orders tell me to show up. If I am told to come back the next day then I'll do that. Although, the prospects of hanging out in a hotel having nobody to talk to and a lot of time to get stressed out about OCS doesn't sound very appealing.:(

Logico

Where are you guys staying the day before OCS?...BEQ or motel/hotel?

Also, does our recruiting command pay for the plane ticket to Florida?

UGAdawg34

IW Selectee
I'm driving down probably on Friday and will just stay in a hotel Friday and Saturday if necessary. If you need a ride from the airport or want to share a room, let me know.

Logico

Hey, what is everyones current PRT score? Be honest damn it....I want to know where I fall in the pack.

My stats:
Push-ups 60
Curl-ups 65
1.5 Run 10:37

I know I need to improve my strength stuff (particularly my curl-ups).

Cornellianintel

64 push-ups
67 sit-ups
10:22 Run

I took an unnecessarily long break after my last PFT. I'm kicking arse and taking names now, though. Hope to be up to excellent mid-outstanding low by OCS.

Take care

lthackston

Logico said:
Well, I'm going to show up when my orders tell me to show up. If I am told to come back the next day then I'll do that. Although, the prospects of hanging out in a hotel having nobody to talk to and a lot of time to get stressed out about OCS doesn't sound very appealing.:(

That's why you guys need to organize a dinner on Saturday night so you can get to know each other ahead of time. It helps make the first day/night a bit easier if you've already met a few people. Just be sure to make those plans via PMs instead of in the body of the thread. And, even though it probably won't change your mind, I'll reiterate the fact that you don't need to show up until Sunday morning. If you happen to run into someone that has any idea what to tell you to do, they'll tell you to come back the next morning.

barry04

here's what you have to realize. intel does not equate to academic success at ocs. subnuke/nukes are going to be the more intelligent people in your class, while the pilots are going to be the ones that get shit done. example: 11-05 was about 60% s/nukes and their academics were off the charts. my class 13-05 had about 25% pilots and a third nukes and got shit done. realize that classes are either smart or strong. my class was regimental pt champs for a good reason. and from what i read, get your pt scores up or you will be in a world of pain, with extra attention from you know who (and all his friends).

Cornellianintel

barry04 said:
here's what you have to realize. intel does not equate to academic success at ocs. subnuke/nukes are going to be the more intelligent people in your class, while the pilots are going to be the ones that get shit done. example: 11-05 was about 60% s/nukes and their academics were off the charts. my class 13-05 had about 25% pilots and a third nukes and got shit done. realize that classes are either smart or strong. my class was regimental pt champs for a good reason. and from what i read, get your pt scores up or you will be in a world of pain, with extra attention from you know who (and all his friends).

If that was for my benefit (or even all of ours), I'd like to reiterate that I was joking about Intel bringing the brainpower to the table. But, for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that I can hold my own with the best of em' in the classroom. I will be working on those pt scores, though. I took a break for over a month and a half and put on about 12 pounds, so I have nowhere to go but up.

Regards

I guess we can strive to be the first smart and strong class in OCS history.

Logico

barry04 said:

In my short 29 years on this earth I have recognized that raw intelligence doesn't get one very far. The ability to, as you put it, "get shit done" is far more valuable. Mostly, those who try to outsmart others are just being brain bullies and its just another form of domination. I can safely say that I'm pretty smart AND that that doesn't really amount to shit. Thanks for the post barry04!

Hey guys, I'll be in your class too, my name's Steve. I'm stationed here in P-Cola already, so it's just the same drive to a different building. I like the idea about hooking up sometime before the school starts,...maybe a night or 2 prior....gonna see Disturbed here on the 8th of Feb, so that's out for me :icon_smil Anyways, just sayin hey, and my PRT scores are:
Run 10:30 - 11:07 depending on effort
Push ups - 76
Sit ups - 105

Take care !!

Cornellianintel

Great to hear from you, Steve. It looks like you're pretty new to the board, so we'll all be looking forward to having you around. If you don't mind my asking, what's do you do in the Navy right now? What are your commissioning into?

Take care,
cac

p.s. Good scores. By the time we hit OCS, you could be maxing out. I know I'll be able to hit 87 push-ups (I'm almost there after only two weeks back on my program) but I don't know if 105 curl-ups or a sub-10:00 1.5 are in the cards. I'm definitely pushing for it, though.

I'm actually slacking off right now for the physical fitness,....after the 25th I'm going to run ever day until conviening. I'm and AE1 (Aviation Electrician's Mate) teaching the A school here right now. I'm going to be in the NFO program. Before coming here to instruct, I worked on Inertial Navigation and AC and DC generators and their controlling units for every aircraft that goes on a carrier. Deployed on the Enterprise, Constallation, and Truman....weeeee!! Just turned 26 on the 19th, and I'm counting the days til we start :D