• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 11th 2006

oztin79

Just did a PRT last week and I've slacked a bit since the initial PRT for selection. I ran a lazy 11:15 (up from 10:30), and my pushups were 64 (down from 70-something), while my curlups were 78 (about the same). I'm reporting 25 FEB and intend on getting all this back up to par asap.

Good luck to all!

Just started back in PT'ing, and man I got lazy !!! Good thing we still have a month, thought I was gonna colapse yesterday :eek:

UGAdawg34

IW Selectee
Steve1001 said:
Just started back in PT'ing, and man I got lazy !!! Good thing we still have a month, thought I was gonna colapse yesterday :eek:

Amen to that! Too much food and not enough...err...no running in the last two and a half weeks did me in. It's hard to get motivated enough to run by yourself in 30-50 degree weather. Hopefully my Miami vacation in a week and a half will help. :D

Logico

Allright, now I feel better. Thanks for the posts guys. Oh and if you need some McDonald's gift certificates or something to keep you all on the couch just let me know... :)

No McDonalds !!! Been running a few days now,...fellin much better. I bought some new shoes and it just took some work to get used to em. Still hate PT tho :icon_rage

Cornellianintel

Steve1001 said:
No McDonalds !!! Been running a few days now,...fellin much better. I bought some new shoes and it just took some work to get used to em. Still hate PT tho :icon_rage

A post that I recently read about maxing out on PT events reminded me of something that really helps with the running (from my wrestling days). Try substituting your long-distance runs in favor of wind sprints a couple of days a week. If you can do hills, you'll see even better results. Once you've already established what they call an "aerobic base" and can run a few miles at a time, the sprints will really help to get your time down. I'm currently running 3-4 miles on Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri. and doing sprints on Wed. and Sat. It's really helping.

I'll probably cut out one of the longer runs in the next couple of weeks.

Best

I'm actually doing better now,...went out and ran a mile and a half in 10 minutes last night, so things are looking up...I'm definately gonna try the sprints though. Thanks for the advice. BTW, just so you guys know me when we get there, my last name is Murphy.

Logico

Steve1001 said:
BTW, just so you guys know me when we get there, my last name is Murphy.

My cat is named Murphy! You rock man. I love that cat. See you all in a few weeks.

My last name is Hatfield by the way. And yes, I'm sure I'll get the Hatfield vs. McCoy jabs.

Logico

OCS Class of Feb 11th Poker Idea

Do any of you guys play online poker (play money)?

I thought it would be fun to plan a poker night for as many of our classmates as we can. There is a free poker web-site called www.pokerstars.net where we can all sit at the table and play poker and chat. I thought it might be fun and a great way to "break the ice" with as many people as we can. You can even set up your picture there and chat while you play.

If you are interested in doing this, please post that you are and we can set up a time. After you post, send me an e-mail too: joe.hatfield@gmail.com

Cornellianintel

Logico said:
Do any of you guys play online poker (play money)?

I thought it would be fun to plan a poker night for as many of our classmates as we can. There is a free poker web-site called www.pokerstars.net where we can all sit at the table and play poker and chat. I thought it might be fun and a great way to "break the ice" with as many people as we can. You can even set up your picture there and chat while you play.

If you are interested in doing this, please post that you are and we can set up a time. After you post, send me an e-mail too: joe.hatfield@gmail.com

I don't bet money, but if hold em' is your game, I'm always ready to get a good game going. I wonder if we're gonna be able to get any of that going once we secure (lol).

Sorry it's off subject, but just wanted to mention that if you are using the "Survivors guide to OCS" to study the memorization, the 4th general order of a sentry isn't correct in it. The guide says the 4th order is to "Repeat all calls more distant from the guardhouse than my own", when it actually should read to "Repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own". Guess it was a typo. Anyways, CHEERS !! :D

Cornellianintel

Steve1001 said:
Sorry it's off subject, but just wanted to mention that if you are using the "Survivors guide to OCS" to study the memorization, the 4th general order of a sentry isn't correct in it. The guide says the 4th order is to "Repeat all calls more distant from the guardhouse than my own", when it actually should read to "Repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own". Guess it was a typo. Anyways, CHEERS !! :D

Good looking out, Steve. There are a few discrepencies in wording between various sources--including the official flip book. The general consensus is that candidates should rely on the actual OCS site for the big 4.

Take care

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Is NKO a way to get stuff out of the way before OCS so you aren't actually graded there, or is it a familiarization tool?

Cornellianintel

eddie said:
Is NKO a way to get stuff out of the way before OCS so you aren't actually graded there, or is it a familiarization tool?

It's both really. You will be required to finish the courses at OCS (the grades actually go into your final average) if you don't complete them online. Apparently once you get to Pensacola you'll be glad to have freed up some time by completing them at home.

Best,
cac