• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/A-18 Bases

More like something formal or legal which allows a woman to rob a man every month after the relationship is disolved. Doesn't sound like love to me. Alimony (or vaginamony, as I like to call it) - payment in monthly installments for past use of a vagina. What man is his right mind would agree to that?

Brett

Don't you think that is just a LITTLE extreme? And of course you must be every woman's dream, turning them down left and right too I am sure. :icon_boxi

MasterBates

If it was extreme, then how come EVERY guy I know that got divorced, even with no kids, ALWAYS had to PAY!

My opinion, split the assets gained since marriage 50/50 and thats the end of it..

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
brett, i'm going to go ahead and guess you live in Hillcrest.. but don't worry, I won't ask, and you don't have to tell... :)

Really? A lame gay joke? Is that all you can muster? ;)

@ Ryann: What's extreme about it? It is a fairly accurate assessment of the family law system in most states. By and large, men get raped in divorce court, especially where children are involved. Secondly, I don't see how the quantity of tail I pull is germane to this discussion, but since you asked, San Diego has treated me very well. I just don't let any broads (A.K.A parasites) get a hold of any of my genetic material, if you know what I mean. ;)

Brett

thull

i agree with the naysayers here. marriage is easily undone these days by divorce (amazing, but true), which completely undermines the whole "till death do us part", and often comes hand in hand with a long drawn out battle, a settlement where someone's ass is handed to them or both lose out, and a far worse situation to raise children than if the marriage had simply never happened. if you love someone, why not live with them, raise children with them (if you so desire and are so able), etc? even have a ceremony if you want. but why not leave the state/feds out of it?

GMan1976

Banned
i agree with the naysayers here. marriage is easily undone these days by divorce (amazing, but true), which completely undermines the whole "till death do us part", and often comes hand in hand with a long drawn out battle, a settlement where someone's ass is handed to them or both lose out, and a far worse situation to raise children than if the marriage had simply never happened. if you love someone, why not live with them, raise children with them (if you so desire and are so able), etc? even have a ceremony if you want. but why not leave the state/feds out of it?

HAHA Brett! Thull agrees with YOU! If that's not enough to kill your point, I don't know what is!!

By the way, I don't see how Brett could go out and spread himself amongst all the SoCal ladies while he's holed up in his cave posting 3000+ messages on AW.... ;)

BOOYAH!

thull

^Ha HA! Gman, I couldn't agree more! (it's a pun, b/c he said when i agree, it kills his point, and i just agreed, and...well...nevermind)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAHA Brett! Thull agrees with YOU! If that's not enough to kill your point, I don't know what is!!

By the way, I don't see how Brett could go out and spread himself amongst all the SoCal ladies while he's holed up in his cave posting 3000+ messages on AW.... ;)

BOOYAH!

You forget that my Navy "job" is to hang out on campus and carouse the young co-eds. As for Thull agreeing with me - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Brett

Soapbox

Ok...having read all the posts on this subject i thought i would give my two cents in. Through my experience (and no not an Ensign and something you would never want to hear said), almost 80 percent of every new jet class that I see is married, or in process of getting married. WOW if you ask me. A receipt for disaster. It is very difficult to go through flight school as is, let alone the added pressure/distractions of family etc.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against marriage and family, but let's face some facts here....you signed a contract.....YOU VOLUNTEERED for service and in turn get a free education in jet flying and a fantastic job. I find it disturbing that many new SNA's are basing their pipeline decision on duty location. You have to face the fact that you will eventually end up in some AFU duty station no matter what in your career. You will always regret yourself later in life for doing not going after what you want (anyone that didn't select what they want, you still got what you wanted...to fly for greatest military and serve your country) Second, there are people out there that would kill to be in our position.

Now that I have gotten this off my chest and upset probably everyone on this forum, I do respect one's decision and thought process on duty station selection. This is not an attack on any individual, more like change of guard. I remember as a student, we were lucky to have one married guy in a class or two classes. Times have change and that's ok. Navy needs to start thinking about this and as a selling point for rentention.

kappu411

Naval Aviator
anyone know how the rhino squadrons are split up in oceana/lemoore / atsugi? as far as E or F squadrons... is there a surplus of one or the other at those bases