• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/A-18 Bases

GMan1976

Banned
I know that the RAGs are in Lemoore (West) and Oceana (East)... but after the RAG, where are the potential F/A-18 pilot duty stations? Also, what percentage of pilots get stationed (post-RAG) in these places?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know that the RAGs are in Lemoore (West) and Oceana (East)... but after the RAG, where are the potential F/A-18 pilot duty stations? Also, what percentage of pilots get stationed (post-RAG) in these places?

With the exception of CAG 5 in Atsugi, that's it, bro.

Brett

GMan1976

Banned
With the exception of CAG 5 in Atsugi, that's it, bro.

Brett

So it's just Lemoore, Atsugi, and Oceana??? How is it dispersed?

So let me broaden this post (mods feel free to relocate to a more fitting forum), what about 60's? Where can you be stationed if you fly those?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So it's just Lemoore, Atsugi, and Oceana??? How is it dispersed?

So let me broaden this post (mods feel free to relocate to a more fitting forum), what about 60's? Where can you be stationed if you fly those?

Sounds like someone is getting ready to fill out their dream sheet. In case you were wondering, Prowlers (and the upcoming EA-18G) are all in Whidbey. ;)

Brett

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
60s are more spread out, depends on what type of 60 you get:

HSL (SH-60B)
NS Mayport - East/RAG
NAS North Island - West/San Diego/RAG
MCBH Kanehoe - Hawaii
Atsugi - Japan

HS (SH-60F/H)
NAS Jax - East
NAS NI - West (RAG location)
Atsugi (I think, don't know about selection from HTs)

HSC (MH-60S)
NS Norfolk - East/RAG
NAS NI - West/RAG
Guam

HM (MH-53E)
NS Norfolk RAG
NAS Corpus Christi

Thats what you can select out of HTs. Of course there's some station SAR helos you can fly on your shore tour later on, but the above is what you'll see comin out of HTs. HSM, with the MH-60R, is also starting up in San Diego and will be the eventual replacement of HSL.

1rotorhead

pilot
HS squadrons in Jax will be moving to Norfolk and become HSC (flying Sierra Block III) starting in 2008. Once complete, all HSC east will be in Norfolk.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
as much as i want jets... i dunnnno. the navy REALLY needs to put them in some better duty stations!
I second what Brett said. I've only spent a week up there and I think I'm hooked.

Virginia Beach isn't too bad, either.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
If Miramar was still Navy, I wonder if it would have turned into the Strike Fighter Wing Pacific instead of Lemoore. Why didnt they move the Marines from El Toro and Tustin to Lemoore instead of moving the Navy out of Miramar? Maybe the older folk can explain this to inquiring minds.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Rumor mill has it that they are moving the Marines @ Miramar to Lemoore, making it one giant joint town... I anticipate a second starbucks in town by May 08!

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
If Miramar was still Navy, I wonder if it would have turned into the Strike Fighter Wing Pacific instead of Lemoore. Why didnt they move the Marines from El Toro and Tustin to Lemoore instead of moving the Navy out of Miramar? Maybe the older folk can explain this to inquiring minds.

Probably because of the station's relative proximity to Camp Pendleton and the embarkation point of San Diego....