• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/A-18 Bases

GMan1976

Banned
Sounds like you already have a horrible one about a location/s you know little to nothing about. .

Well, both myself and my fiancee have been to Lemoore. So we do have a frame of reference.

But anyway, it's ok to not like certain activities. We're both "city folk" and just because we prefer a more cosmopolitan lifestyle doesn't mean that we have "a bad attitude". That's not supposed to come across as "stuck up" or anything, but let's face it, some people have tastes that are different than others based on their environment and how they grew up. It's just preferences. Nothing wrong with that....

You are right though, that being in the military and getting stationed in different places means having to make the best of sometimes less than ideal situations. We are both prepared to make the best of it wherever we do, in fact, get put.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, both myself and my fiancee have been to Lemoore. So we do have a frame of reference.

But anyway, it's ok to not like certain activities. We're both "city folk" and just because we prefer a more cosmopolitan lifestyle doesn't mean that we have "a bad attitude". That's not supposed to come across as "stuck up" or anything, but let's face it, some people have tastes that are different than others based on their environment and how they grew up. It's just preferences. Nothing wrong with that....
You are right though, that being in the military and getting stationed in different places means having to make the best of sometimes less than ideal situations. We are both prepared to make the best of it wherever we do, in fact, get put.

If you don't like camping and hiking, then you're wrong. ;)

Brett

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
HUD, thanks so much for the info! You're one of the few people that even tackled my orig question of "what percentage" goes where. As for Miramar, can Navy folks go there? Is it even an option?

Yes. I'm a Navy guy and I'm here. I'm flying C's, and was given the oppertunity (read: not my first choice), to hang here in SD. I LOVE it. Best kept secret in the Navy.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
The det at Sigonella is HSC-28's det in support of COMSIXTHFLT. Little flight time, etc. etc.

1rotorhead

pilot
The HSC-29 det is in Naples. HC-4 (53E's) moved to Norfolk. They were supposed to stand down but got tagged with the Army's Medium Lift requirement for OIF.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett, you are probably a big teddy bear:) ha! It's OK to admit it ;)

You mean, like all fat and hairy? :eek: Seriously though, give me one good reason to get married. I challenge you not to fail.

Brett

You mean, like all fat and hairy? :eek: Seriously though, give me one good reason to get married. I challenge you not to fail.

Brett

You are gonna get me on this one aren't you:) Ok how about this....."You have been in a committed, secure relationship for a good amount of time and feel that marriage is the best environment to bring children up". :D How was that????

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are gonna get me on this one aren't you:) Ok how about this....."You have been in a committed, secure relationship for a good amount of time and feel that marriage is the best environment to bring children up". :D How was that????

In theory, that would be a good one, except I have zero desire to have kids - ever.

Brett

Well then...you got me...I guess unless you want something formal or legal to "signify" your love for someone (that's a little mushy) then what the heck, maybe you are right, marriage isn't for you. (I can not believe I just admitted that you MIGHT be right) ;)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well then...you got me...I guess unless you want something formal or legal to "signify" your love for someone (that's a little mushy) then what the heck, maybe you are right, marriage isn't for you. (I can not believe I just admitted that you MIGHT be right) ;)

More like something formal or legal which allows a woman to rob a man every month after the relationship is disolved. Doesn't sound like love to me. Alimony (or vaginamony, as I like to call it) - payment in monthly installments for past use of a vagina. What man is his right mind would agree to that?

Brett

GMan1976

Banned
brett, i'm going to go ahead and guess you live in Hillcrest.. but don't worry, I won't ask, and you don't have to tell... :)