• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Embry Riddle V. Purdue

Bevo16

pilot
I had a great time at Riddle and had a 'college' experience that I would pit against anyone that went to a state school. How?

Words that could only be said by someone who has never been to Austin.

I lived in Orlando for more than a year, and I can say with full authority that night life in that city is dogshit compared to Austin, or Athens, or San Diego, or Miami (but if you can afford more than 3 drinks in South Beach as a college student, you are either selling cocaine on the side or daddy's money is pretty much endless), or Houston, or San Diego, or LA, or 15 other US cities that I could rattle off. HOT WOMEN DON'T GO TO DISNEY LAND. If you enjoy trollilng Pleasure Island or Church Street Station and try to figure out which cougar is single, and and which has left the ring at the hotel while her hubby watches the kids....well....not exactly my idea of a good time.

Ditto for Daytona. Biker chicks and blue hair. Take your pick. If you are not on a Harley or retired, don't bother with Daytona. It's not your town. Oh, and the strippers have to wear pasties. BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Ditto for Daytona. Biker chicks and blue hair. Take your pick. If you are not on a Harley or retired, don't bother with Daytona. It's not your town. Oh, and the strippers have to wear pasties. BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I was actually really disappointed with the Daytona Rally. All it was was a lil bit more traffic and half the people on campus getting their motorcycles stolen..

'Course I go to Sturgis every year.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Words that could only be said by someone who has never been to Austin.

I've been to Austin several times. Last time being a couple weeks ago. Experienced 6th street in all of it's glory. I'll agree that the nightlife in Austin is great, but I don't think it comes close to South Beach. I will however admit that the music scene in Austin is by far the best out of anywhere I've been.

I lived in Orlando for more than a year, and I can say with full authority that night life in that city is dogshit compared to Austin, or Athens, or San Diego, or Miami (but if you can afford more than 3 drinks in South Beach as a college student, you are either selling cocaine on the side or daddy's money is pretty much endless)

BDCP!!! :D I think south beach has the best night life i've experienced... Austin and Orlando are somewhat even for me... Orlando beat out Austin during certain times (Mardi Gras at Citiwalk, etc)... I'm sure Austin is the same during certain times of the year, and like I said, the music scene is by far better in Austin.

HOT WOMEN DON'T GO TO DISNEY LAND. If you enjoy trollilng Pleasure Island or Church Street Station and try to figure out which cougar is single, and and which has left the ring at the hotel while her hubby watches the kids....well....not exactly my idea of a good time.

I don't know why you are saying this. All the times I've been were anything but cougar fests. Most everytime i've been to Church Street or Citiwalk, they've been chalked full of college aged kids.

I agree with this.... Daytona's nightlife leaves much to be desired most of the year. However the strippers most certainly didn't wear pasties!

I suppose each person has criteria for what they deem to be desirable for nightlife. Appears we've been to many of the same places, but have totally different views of it all. To each their own sir!

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.

That's what you think:icon_wink

Daytona does, for the most part, suck....there are only a few good night clubs/bars and it seems that none of the college kids in the area even go out. When I was there for spring break it was quite dead, but we managed to get what we wanted out of the week:eek:

Bevo16

pilot
South Beach is cool, but it is one dimentional. If you are not into mojitos and euro-trash techno, you are pretty much out of luck. All of the eateries are WAY overpriced, and you damn near have to flip a kilo of blow just to be able to afford a night out.

Austin has everything from top barbacue, to steaks (chicken fried or traditional), seafood, international foods, and even vegan if that is what you are looking for. You can go to the Broken Spoke if you want country music, or ANY OTHER kind of bar/music/dance club that you want can be found between 4th and 6th street. If you want a 5 star hotel, The Driskill or Stephen F. Austin can hook you up. If you want something lower rent, then you can get a nice room on the lake for less than $100 at the Holiday Inn (as long as it's not a football weekend).

Oh, did I mention football?

1397599925_042618ddc9.jpg

texas-pom-squad_article.jpg

picture-94.png

Lake Travis does not suck either:

TravisParty.jpg

Do I really need to go on?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I think Bevo likes Texas. Anyone else get that feeling?

:sleep_125

I just think you're jealous because you didn't go to a school where there's nice Tig Bitties everywhere!

And MB, it's not called Tejas, it's called Northern Mexico.

One of the contestants for Longhorn Top Model sits next to me in Spanish class. The problem isn't how to memorize preterits/subjunctive verbs, but how to control myself for the next hour or so. That and to prevent a massive boner from occurring. I love UT.