• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Embry Riddle V. Purdue

Well, all of your info has helped out a lot. I'm pretty sure Purdue is the way I'm going to go, and I will get involved with the NROTC unit and work for that scholarship. I think I will stick with my major in aeronautical engineering for a solid base and see if I can get a minor in flight if available. I'll have to check into it. I can always get my flight stuff done later at an in-state school for half the price I'd pay at a university. Thanks for the input everyone!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Compare this
LOROBWTUZCSRVUD.20081010152607.jpg

with this:
purdue-cheerleaders-2.jpg

and tell me where you want to go.... ;)

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Good choice with Purdue. Save money, have fun and you won't have this problem:

I was in Alaska with a friend recently helping my buddy find a bush flying job. I sat in at one of his informal interviews (everything in Alaska is informal) and got chatting away with this old retired airline pilot that now flies bush in Alaska and runs a small 135 op. The first question he asked was if my friend went to Embry Riddle. Fortunately my buddy answered correctly with, "Hell no". This ol' timer chuckled and went into how all the ER guys he had ever hired were primadonnas. One guy was actually killed flying out in Bethl Alaska from his company who was a young guy fresh out of ER. Until the ER guys loose their holier-than-thou attitude they will continue to carry this reputation. I am sure there are plenty of good pilots who come out of ER, but as far as ER's big name helping you, really, it just might hurt you.

From what I understand here is basically every reason I am towards Purdue. I am only posting this because Embry-Riddle and Purdue are two very top notch schools in the aviation industry and this may just help some kid out there with the same problem as myself.

Remember, I am going to stick with Aeronautical Engineering as a major with a possible minor in flight.

Again, these reasons are from my understandings through this forum and research of my own in outside sources.

1. It seems difficult to get flight time at ER compared to Purdue from reviews I have read.

2. Purdue is a well-rounded school, not only based around one area (aviation).

3. Purdue is very well established for aviation as is Embry-Riddle. Embry-Riddle may be an "aviation school," but Purdue I understand that Purdue is very much comparable with a well respected selection of programs.

4. I have read of many more bad experiences and transfers from Embry-Riddle and have known of people to transfer out than at Purdue.

5. Purdue has a social life. ER not so much.

http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU.html
76% of students would choose to return to Purdue^

http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/EAU.html
50% of students would choose to return to ER (Daytona Campus)^

I do not mean to tear apart ER. There is only so much knowledge one can attain without actually attending the school, and I am making my decision based off of advice I have receieved, research I have done, etc.

cmhumphr

CuMhUmPeR
I'm a 3/C MIDN at ERAU. It's not all that bad as people make it. The school has a wonderful flight program and engineering program as you probably already know. The battalion here is big though but believe it or not we are all close to each other. Such a shame our MOI and AMOI are leaving. They were badass. We are going through alot of changes since our last skipper left us, but the program is exceptionally nice compared to other units I think. One problem is college programmers will have to wait a full year to be submitted for scholarship due to not enough scholarship slots available. You can still get it your 3rd class year. If you have any questions by the way you can PM me if you want. Oh by the way the girl situation here really isn't as bad as people make it. We are close to all the bigger schools in FL like UF USF UNF Miami blah blah blah. The weather is perfect, the beach is here, what else do you need in Purdue. Nasty cold snowy weather?

By the way, I'm not telling you to, but you probably shouldn't go Aerospace Engineering with a minor in flight. You are going to be busy as hell. Now then again, you might be very intelligent and AE might be a piece of cake for you. From what I've seen here, the engineering MIDN here really make it their lives to get those grades....just something to think about.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Only one of the Purdue girls is attractive, but yes go to Purdue.

Eh, I'd keep the ERAU girl on the side I wont lie lol jk

Honestly man go with what school you feel you are going to enjoy more..just like everyone said It's really all about your performance..

I am trying for a 2yr scholarship or CP slot at my school (USF) and I am a Poly Sci major. Like these guys said what it comes down to is GPA, Performance, and CO's view of you.. With that said I am going to be trying for a SNA/NFO slot as well with my poly sci major

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Like somebody else said, major in something real, and do a minor in flight. You'll get all of the experience that you'll need with your flight classes and then you'll actually have a degree worth something. You won't regret it.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
WTF... Im disappointed in ERAU. Being in Florida I would figure we would trump Purdue easy.. Then again I guess obviously I am proven wrong and that is a hasty generalization. Sad day for a Florida boy =( Ah well at least we still got hotties at USF

I gotta try to do some research, because alot of ATC's for the FAA come from ERAU and I've seen some very good looking ones going through training while I been out here.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Okay, more research:
purdue-cheerleaders-11.jpg

Don't be fooled. This only happens 3 months out of the year. Don't waste your time and money on what the Navy will pay you to learn. Go to a school that has bikini weather 9 months out of the year, is crawling with the kind of ass that makes the one on the right the grenade...and has a respectable engineering program.

The rest will take care of itself.

-Scuba
Purdue BSME '99

AJB37

Okay, more research:
purdue-hottest-student-cheerleader.jpg

purdue-cheerleaders-11.jpg

I can't even find and UCSD cheerleader pics...

ERAU

NMVDRWUAXWFYVJY.20081010152602.jpg

Purdue isn't ASU, but it's a couple levels above ERAU...

Those are better. I never doubted that Purdue was better than ERAU, I was just saying that in your previous pictures the girls were sub-par. UCSD is awful when it comes to girls... I mean disgusting, however, being in San Diego we have plenty of options. San Diego State for the drunk, slutty, hot, and stupid. University of San Diego for the slutty, hot, and rich, or the beach for the really stupid hot girls that didn't go to college. It worked out well. :D

Edit: Here are some UCSD cheerleaders, and as I said, they are just awful:
FUDORYNWYFPRDSZ.20080225194115.jpg

And

ETZPQZATKGMLMQT.20080225194016.jpg