• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Difference Between USN & USAF

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I shit you not, this is the O'Club at Hickam AFB Hawaii .....And this is the O'Club at NAS Lemoore
While I cannot speak to the Club @ Lemoore anymore -- been gone too many years and have not returned as NAS Lemoore/Fresno is one of the last place(s) on earth that I choose to frequent ---- but your depiction of the Hickam O'Club today is, unfortunately .... all too true. Dweeb heaven .....

You shoulda' seen Hickam 35 years ago .... or the Pearl or Barber's Clubs for that matter ..... they were GREAT -- Kaneohe sucked ---- Ft. DeRussy was GREAT (Hale Koa did not exist) ----Schofield sucked --- Shafter was for "seniors" .... *sigh* ..... oh, well.

Time marches on ....

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

You shoulda' seen Hickam 35 years ago .... or the Pearl or Barber's Clubs for that matter ..... they were GREAT -- Kaneohe sucked ---- Ft. DrRussy was GREAT (Hale Koa did not exist) ----Schofield sucked --- Shafter was for "seniors" .... *sigh* ..... oh, well.

Time marches on ....

Concur, I was there 72-73 timeframe and lived in Kailua and there was nothing going on at Kaneohe (it was like a barren outpost unlike today) despite several F-4 Phantom squadrons being there. We went to Hickam and Ft DeRussy routinely and tried Shafter only once.

A4's "O'Club" looks a bit more like this nowadays:
Kupisac%20at%20Senior%20Home%20.jpg

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I'd be careful after what he did with Kevkwondo...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4's "O'Club" looks a bit more like this nowadays:
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

ACTUALLY ... you're not too far off the mark. AND you've hurt me deeply. Crushed my spirit. Unfortunately for me.

A few years ago I was invited to join the local chapter of TROA (The Retired Officers' Assn) .... sooooooooooooo .... in fear and trembling ..... Trophy wife and I strapped on coat & tie (me) and slinky dress (her) and went .....

Jesus Christ ... within 15 minutes after dinner, while the speaker -- a former Vietnam POW -- was being introduced -- I glanced around the room and saw @ 1/2 of the people asleep and/or nodding off. I nudged Trophy and she pointed across the table
to my left with shapely arm and manicured nail -- the guy's head was on his chest and he was starting to snozzle ( a refined type of snore -- you'll learn more as you grow older) ... so at least I knew he wasn't dead. :sleep_125

We bailed, got back into the 911 (did NOT call 911, however :eek:) and disappeared into the night -- or was it early twilight ... ??? :)

Went home, had a drink and a cigar -- later thanked them and respectfully declined the follow-up phone call invitation the next month. I think that's when most of 'em woke up .... :D

Oh yeah I noticed her right away. She's clearly staring at that guy's package though (who, by the way) looks a lot like William Shatner):
0000035589_20061030172813.jpg

brownshoe

Contributor
The one with either a breast or morocco in her hand. :D

MY God thanks for that laugh! I needed that. I'll be chuckling all night. And tomorrow in business meetings. (For the later I do not thank you. How am I gonna explain myself. :icon_wink)

Steve