• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Difference Between USN & USAF

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Future Herc Driver said:
Oh yeah and AF doesn't iron there flight suits, but we DO shine our boots.

Yeah, but some of us older guys remember the USAF flight suits with sewn in creases. I kid you not. Plus, they had the zippers on the side so the AF guys could get to their wallet [to buy the Naval Aviators beer after we beat them at (a) crud, (b) bombing, (c) dogfighting, (d) all of the above].

After all, has anyone ever heard of an AF party that resulted in media attention and a Congressional witch hunt???

- Inbound to Hook '05.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
HueyCobra8151 said:
"You were with 2 Filipino women last night...and a man..."

"You mean 3 Filipino women right??"

"..."

"oh no...OH GOD NO!"

I hope I'm not the only one who got this :D BTW, Family Guy is da shizznatz.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
They're still throwing the Tailhook Convention? I thought the NAvy banned that after all the unpleasantness? If it's still going strong, I know where I'm going after I get out of flight school! Woohoo! PARTY!!! :icon_birt

motiv8r

Future Herc Driver said:
If you pick up a chick in Singapore, make sure you do a package check.

Please use the proper terminology. It's called the "Crocodile Dundee Test". Pretty much de rigeur in Thailand.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Go for the Singapore airlines stewardess. Some of the hottest women on Westpac.

ip568

None
The DASH-1 tells the Air Force flier what he is allowed to do.

The Navy NATOPS tells the flier what he is NOT allowed to do.

It's that succinct and that different. Oh. One more thing: Air Force fliers are pussies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
skidkid said:
Go for the Singapore airlines stewardess. Some of the hottest women on Westpac.
That's no joke --- and they LOVE Yankee Air Pirates --- no joke again. I was "hired" by Singapore in 1974 --- their Chief Pilot --- interview --- didn't go --- short, ugly story --- relates to ex-wife --- dark side --- but it's probably just as well because I would now be some Gaijin Warlord sitting around my Far East palace with my Singapore Airlines F/A harem as we speak ..... :)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
That's no joke --- and they LOVE Yankee Air Pirates ..... :)

No... That is no joke. This Air Pirate found a treasure and she knew all the good places to go. I think it was Marvin Circus or something like that some of the best lobster Ive had at 02:00 drunk off my @ss

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
skidkid said:
......I think it was Marvin Circus .......
Naaa .... it's Marvin Gardens and Park Place --- perhaps you mean Newton Circus / Hawker Centre ... good spot for late night revelers ??? :) I like Raffles ....

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Newton Circus that was it. I was pretty inebriated at the time. Ill have to write it down in case Im there again though maybe Ill find another tour guide and it wont be necessary.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
ip568 said:
The DASH-1 tells the Air Force flier what he is allowed to do.

The Navy NATOPS tells the flier what he is NOT allowed to do.

It's that succinct and that different. Oh. One more thing: Air Force fliers are pussies.

I'd give you rep points for that if it would let me. :icon_smil

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
BOMBSonHAWKEYES said:
is there a difference between the t-6 dash one and the t-6 natops?

The only difference I've noticed is that the Navy has more EP memory items. The NATOPs manual is published with both Air Force and Navy serial numbers.