• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Difference Between USN & USAF

brownshoe

Contributor
I shit you not, this is the O'Club at Hickam AFB Hawaii
n73303665301722275454ej7.jpg

And this is the O'Club at NAS Lemoore

All kidding aside... I used to go to the club on Andrews every Friday night. (I had a friend that was in the army at Walter Reed. We'd go there, the Walter Reed club sucked.) It was a great place in the 80's, dinner for a buck there was a steam table. Cheap drinks and government employed women everywhere. Still my vote is for the navy... AF still sucks. (But I did enjoy the club at Andrews :D)

Steve

MY God thanks for that laugh! I needed that. I'll be chuckling all night. And tomorrow in business meetings. (For the later I do not thank you. How am I gonna explain myself. :icon_wink)

Steve

If they ask why just tell them you envy your fellow Marylanders wild and crazy sex life on the Eastern Shore. Shucks, I even got some of the locals to brush their tooth! :eek:

brownshoe

Contributor
If they ask why just tell them you envy your fellow Marylanders wild and crazy sex life on the Eastern Shore. Shucks, I even got some of the locals to brush their tooth! :eek:

They don't have to brush their teeth/tooth... they just drop them/it in a glass of water at night. By the way I see by your profile you say there's no life west of the bay. I'm gonna PM you for some seafood.:D

Steve

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Since this thread is going sideways again .... the BEST Air Force O'Club --- at least that night -- that I ever "experienced" was Maxwell AFB @ Montgomery, AL.

I had to dump in there as a result of being vectored by ATC (no WX radar aboard my bird-obviously-asked 'em to "keep me clear" - of course, they didn't) through 3-4 CB's on my way to Andrews --- ripped the leading edges of my A-4 intakes to something resembling cheap Swiss cheese ('cept the intakes didn't smell like feet) .... :eek:

After parking the jet and making arrangements with home base MX for pilot-administered First Aid the next AM and checking into the 'Q -- I repaired to the O'Club with only my USN Flight Suit and boots to protect me from the natives. I was too tired and didn't REALLY care enough to change --- but it turns out, my USN green bag (old kinda flight suit) complete with patches was the hit of the bar -- and garnered me many free drinks and a couple of laurels that night. Now ... who could know???

Again --- that one occurrence ..... 'da best for CONUS USAF. OCONUS is/was a different story .... which is something akin to an aviation theorem. :D

/sideways threadjack ....

HuggyU2

None
Ah, Maxwell,...
Pre 9/11, "the Pit" was a good time. However, you must beware of the female "regulars" there,... they're called "Pit Vipers".

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ah, Maxwell,...
Pre 9/11, "the Pit" was a good time. However, you must beware of the female "regulars" there,... they're called "Pit Vipers".

I don't remember what it was called, but it wasn't too bad in the '70's, either. Perhaps "my regulars" were "your regulars'" Mothers .... ????

*Gasp* The horror ...... :eek:

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't remember what it was called, but it wasn't too bad in the '70's, either. Perhaps "my regulars" were "your regulars'" Mothers .... ????

*Gasp* The horror ...... :eek:

Maybe the quality of the current regulars has something to do with that :icon_tong