• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Nakanelua

JSeibel, To add an to justin77, there are not monthly boards. I am in recruiting Navy Reserve enlisted. This board will have around 170- 200 applicants, which is high, and has not been confirmed, with an upper goal of 67 per an internal doc that I have seen.
Justin77, don't be discouraged, there are strong candidates for sure, if you are not selected, continue to build your resume, and apply again. If you don't have your masters start, even if it's just one class, if you do have a masters, work on proving your leadership skills. I think that is a key. Your leadership needs to jump at them, through your written essay and what your appraisals are saying.
Everyone has some education and some work experience and many have good to great recommendations, but the difference I feel is an applicant's package that shows real leadership. Not just being a supervisor.

kbright31

When I applied in January I had not had much leadership skills beyond my active duty days as a work center supervisor and some managment of employees, but have since added training LPO and department Career Counselor for over 60 SELRES. I already had my master's, so for me it seems that I am just building up my "resume". Does anyone know if your chances of selection are increased any if you are rolled from one board to the next?

robinson

Just stopping by to wait and see if anyone has heard anything.... and a shout out to everyone I waited with in Jan!

Nakanelua

Kbright,
Did you get tabled fro. Jan?? Have you been a non select? Also what and where for you masters. And don't take this the wrong way because it's not directed at you, but you can manage those 60 people or others and not lead them. It looks like you have a great resume, but again, I think a lot of people have what you have on paper. Did you get someone qualified to read your essay and how did your appraisals go. Someone who got selected should post their essay. I may send you my essay later if you want a copy.

kbright31

I was told I was "rolled" to the July board and not a non select. My recruiter dropped the ball on this completely because he transferred a month after the board and trying to get information was extremely hard. I lead 7 people directly and that is reflected in my resume and in my eval. My appraisals went great and one SUPPO said in his appraisal that I was the best applicant he has seen in his 15 years of officer interviews. All of the my references and appraisals were very great write ups even the telephonic one I had from a SUPPO overseas. Would love a copy. I have had numerous people review my essay each time I have submitted.

Nakanelua

To me itsoundslike you will get picked up. But I think I should get picked up, and I thought my friend should for Intel, but he didn't . I was shocked. He is an IS1 reservist with degrees MBA and engineering. Apprailsals from CAPTs. He is in OK shape and had some supervisory exp. But still IS1 with two masters. I did see his essay anditwas good not great. Also another guy that got picked up was just OK. On paper he had some sup exp. But I know the company and he wasn't really in a leadership role, he essay was ok, not that good and his appraisals were good not great andhemadeIntel DCO. MBA and worked for a communications comp.
I guess I see the boards picking based on need, which is difficult for us to determine, then all the check points, education, appraisals, and essay. But I have read three or four complete packages myself and it fairly clear who will be the top guys. But if you don't have an ace like your essay, Adm appraisal, Phd, clear leadership, you will be in the top 25% and thats top 50 out of 200. I think that's whereat will end up, but if they decide to take fewer you better have that ace.

kbright31

It's all about what the board is looking for at the time is what I think. I thought my package last time was good, but here I am again. I'm hoping that my references from my former CO, XO, retired Army Major, current CO, and a coworker really help. My eval does show leadership and that I was 1 of 3 with an EP in my rating group and number 1 overall. I am confident, but not overly confident by any means because you can only do what you can and then it is totally in someone else's hands to make the decision. I'm hoping for a quick decision so I know whether I have to take the E-6 exam coming up or not.

robinson

My recruiter has heard nothing - OTools or otherwise. She seems confident however, that the results will be out this week.

TonyK

My recruiter also seems to think the numbers will be smaller than originally thought. He seems to think we will hear something next week but who knows. Last time I got the list of names and posted it, whoever gets the names first this time please post. This Board seems to have the best information. Good Luck to everyone. I hope we all make it.

Nakanelua

Thanks for the update Robinson. It's still difficult not knowing, but at least I know we don't know. And I don't have to wonder all day. Can you ask again tomorrow