• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

TonyK

KBright, your resume is impressive. Best of luck this time around. It's my 2nd go, so we shall see what happens. Does anyone know when the results will be out? Good luck to all tomorrow!

Nakanelua

Aloha,
I have been hesitant to list my stats, it kind seems like bragging, but in the end I think we all just want to know what we are up against. So here my stats
Currently Reserve Recruiter Navy, 3 years active 4 reserve . BA Econ BA Speech MA Communications
Registered Representative-Stock Broker. 4 courses Phd Business 4.0
2 time Olympian 2000 2004 Sprinter 100 meters
Interveiws 3 CAPT, 1 Vice Adm ret, 2 CDRs, 1 Colonel ret.

kbright31

Great stats Nakanelua. Good luck today and thank TonyK. Who knows what the board is really looking for this time around and I hope the large selection # rumors come true.

Nakanelua

The numbers are correct . 67. The problem is the board can change it in a way. They can say only these and table the rest. The numberS come from recruiting, i saw the document. There is a brkdwn by recruiting district, but that does not play a role in the boards decision making process.
Good Luck to all. Of course even if selected, still need a paying billet, and the physical and the waiting game,but it will be nice to be headed in the right direction

GIJ316

I checked docs on line, and recruiting is expected to be at about 95% of the years recruiting goals following this round of selection. This should push for the higher numbers.

kbright31

GIJ316. Where'd you find these docs and are you saying that the numbers for selection are possibly higher than what has been posted thus far?

Sparky6062

Hello all,
I'm a DCO Supply applicant for 28 July '10 boards. Was wondering if anyone knew the timeline to see results of the board? Since the board met yesterday, does anyone think we will hear from our recruiters by Friday (tomorrow?). I've seen other threads posted stating that the information is available immediately after the board meets. Good luck to all, this is my second board. My stats are not that great but here they are:
Bachelor's in Communication/Business
Attended and graduated from USMC OCS in 2005 in Quantico.
Currently a PGA Golf Professional in charge of $2.5 million course budget and staff of 20 employees. Over 4 years of business management experience.
Had a great interview with a Capt and CMDR according to my recruiter and some decent letters of rec submitted.

Thanks again!
Steve

kbright31

Not sure about that RealEstateDave. Hopefully we are still in the FY10 board selection process because according to that reading there is a total of 100 supply slots available and they only took about 7-12 in January. Good luck Sparky. The waiting game is the hardest and it never gets any easier. This is my fourth time and the anxiety of select or nonselect always blows.

Sparky6062

Thanks kbright, I've had my packet in since Nov '09...so the waiting game does suck you're right! Good luck to you too, wow, 4th time? I heard after the 2nd board, you need to re-submit with something to add to your packet (i.e. MBA, significant xtra experience, etc.) in order to reapply.

I hope that reading is correct, I heard 12 were selected in Jan so that means 88 left? That would be sweet. I was searching around for any phone #'s we could call to check on the status. I called my recruiting district (Jax) and got a voicemail for the officer programs ext. I emailed my recruiter and got an auto reply that he's outta town till Aug 9th. I'm sure I can't wait till then to know, since these boards have a history of releasing the selects quickly!

Hey Nakalenua, you mentioned being a reserve recruiter...any intel to report yet?

RealEstateDave

This board is for FY11. My understanding is that the Jan board took 12 applicants w/ specific credentials (contractors w/ Dawia certs I think), but that would have closed out FY10.

My ap was "tabled" last go around, but I am hopefull for this board b/c so many will be accepted.

The info about regional goals was interesting!!!

Nakanelua

Aloha all,
The 67 number is from an officer recruiter in the loop. I think that's the most accurate. But I have had a few CAPTs that were on boards tell me that the board can increase or decrease as they see fit. The timeline depends more on the boards ability to agree on selections. It can go as fast as Friday I am trying to contact an east coast guy for an update. I can tell you the last board, this forum had the quickest response.

kbright31

My recruiter said what he is hearing is around 100 potential selections. I have made progress/updates to each and every package I have submitted Sparky. Hopefully persistence can pay off in the end. They'll have to select me at some point is what I keep telling myself. I hope for a quick board decision and release of information. I've got the 1st class exam coming up and would love to not take it because of selection as an Officer.