• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Sparky6062

That sounds good, 100 would be the highest I've heard of! Well, if anyone receives access to any lists, please let me know since my recruiter is out of town for over 10 days. Thanks!!!

Sparky6062

Does anyone know if you have to conduct a PRT before moving forward? I'm used to the Marine PFT (3 mile run, 20 pullups, situps) so any input on the Navy version would be appreciated.....Just a random question, thanks.

RealEstateDave

I heard only a physical and background check would be required before commissioning... Getting approved at the board is probably also important : )

kbright31

I know I had to sign a PT waiver sheet stating that I understood I would have to perform one if selected then go to MEPS for a complete physical.

Stretch_gh

the wait....

I keep in contact with one of the 12 applicants that was selected back in January and he said he waited two weeks before he heard anything about his selection. My recruiter also confirmed the two week wait.

Nakanelua

At the last board on 1/13... The first news came on the 21st, then someone knew they were selected on the 26th. On the 21 someone knew were tabled. Im thinking next wednesday, the east coast people please post.

RealEstateDave

My news came after a little more than a week last time. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that results might post a little later than the Jan board results did simply b/c of the volume (100 this time vs 13 last).

The wait stinks, but that's all you can do right now. I keep telling myself that if its meant to be it will be... I've done all I could to get here right now.

priorAF

Um, hi again,

First, a shout-out to all those who were around for the January Board earlier this year. Second, it’s interesting to be back because I never thought I would revisit this Navy “stuff” again because I left it all in disgust back in January when I never heard if I was selected from the January Board and I have not heard a word from my recruiter in some six months. Third, I get a call out-of-the-blue a few days ago from my same recruiter telling me my packet is at the July Board, however I didn’t know anything about it. Fourth, I’m under the impression my packet may never have made it to the January Board even though I was assured it was there, so I waited back in January for nothing. Fifth, now I get to wait like everybody else. Sixth, and this may sound odd, but have any of you been asked by your recruiter to get your physical at MEPS before the Board results are even out? I ask because apparently my recruiter was told by district to get two people in for physicals NOW! Anybody know anything about this?

Well, now I wait, again.

TonyK

I have not heard from my recruiter, which is odd, he was very prompt last time and he is the one that actually gave me the names to post here from the Jan Board. I think he may have gone back to his original career field, so at this point, I don't know if I have a recruiter or who it is. I hope someone else can post the names this time but that might not be feasible if they really do take 100+. Does anyone know at what point they would want the PT test if selected? I ask because I am battling an ankle injury right now.

Nakanelua

The MEPS physical is Interesting. As a recruiter we ask people to physical in order to get credit for activity. It shows we are speaking with quality applicants. The PT test is really the call of the recruiter. I mean I test any non prior service person but I make sure they will pass. Prior service i ask if they failed etc., if you have been out for a while, I just make sure you can pass before I test . It would have to take place after you clear MEPS and sign a hold/harmless.

Nakanelua

And I really doubt they will select 100. I am confident with the highest amount being 67. I actually think they will go lower and claim lack of qualified applicants.

JSeibel

Curious, I applied for the June board this year, but somehow there was a "screw up with the processors" and my package did not get looked at in June. I think that my OR held off my application so that I would be seen before the July board as it is supposed to select more applicants than any other board. I just wish he would have informed me of this. Anyways, does anyone know why the July board is going to select such a high number? Apparently, my package went before the July board and now I'm waiting all over again.

Nakanelua

Which June board ? 67 is not that high of a number. Plus I am not sure they will take 67. I thin they will select around 50, and say not enough qualified applicants. I think that intel will probably be just as high.

JSeibel

It's my understanding from several Supply Corps Officers that the selection rate is typically around 10% every month. Now the number of applicants varies but is usually 100 to 200, so that would me 10 to 20 positive recommendations. If what everyone is saying about the July Board is true, then there should be anywhere from 500 to 1000 applicants. I find that rather extreme.

justin77

Jseibel
With respect...i'm not sure where you're getting your info. I've been reading all over the place, (though this seems to be the most informed forum), and there has never been any suggestion of applicants in the numbers you're suggesting. Also, i'm pretty sure there are not monthly boards. I believe they are done in January and July typically. (Every 6 months.)

On another note...I have to admit, i'm a bit discouraged reading some of your resumes. I still think i'm a strong candidate, but there are some real strong candidates here. I suppose it shouldn't be any other way. Good luck to all!