• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Devil Duck

Uniforms including one set of NWU set me back a about $2.3k. I have yet to submit fo the $400 allowance. There are restrictions on when you can submit for it.

Congrats to all that made it. Now for the long blue wait.

Nakanelua

Aloha. Ka kou. Hello to all,
I have been selected, I found out via another NRD. Shout out to Phili. I have the list I will try To post or you can call or ask here I'll respond

Slaney

Nakanelua, I haven't heard from my recruiter yet, do you think you can see if I'm on the list? Robert Slaney is my name and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sparky6062

Just spoke to my recruiter, apparently he already sent me up on the scrolls and he plans on commissioning me next month! I asked if this was normal and he said he moves quickly and if there are no medical holdups it will happen. I can expect to start drilling in late sept/early oct. Anyone else hear this?

Also, he was too busy to provide a selectee list but confirmed 100 were selected nationwide. I go in 8/21 to sign my affiliation paperwork and get a physical. He said that me being on the scrolls already is separate from my medical, and all should be good to go quickly! Any updates on the rest of you all?

bigchamp

I need some advice

Hey all,
I have some questions i'm hoping some of you may be able to help me with.

I have recently gone through the process of putting together my package for the DCO Supply Corps board. Only to find out after the fact that the package wasn't put in because there were already too many applicants.

My recruiter hasn't been very responsive recently, and i'm beginning to question if this thing is going to happen at all. My preference is to go back in as an Officer, but if that isn't available to me i'm certainly willing to go back in Enlisted. Point is, I would like to serve. That said, i'm wondering if i'm spinning my wheels by waiting another 6 months. Let me give an overview of my resume', and that should give an idea of whether I am competitive or not...
Bachelors (University of Utah)
MBA (Westminster College)
Prior service (USN Active duty-4 years, AF Reserve-2 years) I have no evals available because BUPERS doesn't keep them for those that left as E-4 or under.
Working for the DoD in the contracting field. (Which, I understand, is sought after by the Supply board).
5+years of managment experience.

So, my questions are...
-Given my above resume', will I be competitive enough to make it worth my wait?
-If not, would I be better served to go back into the Naval Reserve, and try to get a commission that way?

I look forward to hearing what some of you have to say.

cargodog

bigchamp,

It looks like no one responded so I'll chime in. That package looks very competitive to me (not knowing all the specifics like FITREPS, grades or specific leadership experience; but you've got every box checked). That said, it seems the program has gotten even more competitive in the past year or two. My board in 2009 saw some huge numbers and its been a similar situation ever since. If your goal is to serve, then it might not be a bad idea to go back in as enlisted and then put your package in as an officer. It'll get you more time in service for retirement points while you wait. If you go back in as enlisted, make it clear to your khaki leadership that is your intent and ask them for help. Always step forward to lead and they will likely be willing to help. The officer boards can take FOREVER even if you do get picked up the first round. Its very frustrating, but I think its also their way of weeding out the faint of heart!

ENS Cargodog

Sparky6062

Just got my commdocs in today and sworn in! I was a July select, and the process flew by! Here is my timeline of events:

Oct 2009 - contacted recruiter
Nov 2009 - kit completed
Dec 2009 - panel interviews (05, 06)
Jan 2010 - tabled
July 2010 - pro rec
Aug 11, 2010 - notified of pro rec
Aug 21, 2010 - medical
Aug 26, 2010 - sign papers
Sept 20, 2010 - commissioned!

My FINSEL was dated 10 sept, and arrived together with commdocs to my recruiter. From what I have experienced, this is the fastest commissioning process to date, basically 40 days from pro rec to commissioned! Maybe the Navy is stepping up their game!?

Good luck to those still in the wait, it should be over shortly...my first drill is next month.
Best,
ENS Phillips

Sparky6062

I was NPS, my clearance was done 8 months ago, so no hold up there. I think they wanted to move selectees along before OCT1 (new fiscal year)...