• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Motivated82

Calling all FY12 Supply DCO candidates, any word on the board meeting, Ive had the longest journey in this process. Orig pkg submitted July 0f 2010, it didnt make it to board do to hold up and gliches that i was only told after the fact. went to Jan 2011 was benched until this board. I know the competition is tight so its almost irrelevant to list my quals. Here it goes, 6 yr active 2mobres 3 reserve, on a 2nd yr of a 2yr mob, first class admin, AW qual, BBA, 1 class left of MSA in international Buss, LPO, MWR VP, treasure, SECMGR, CMEO mgr, LEGAL CLERK, et.. civil service in my CIV job doing supply mgmt functions. Being that my pkg is so outdated by now who knows the outcome, but i wish everyone luck. Im not giving up! my weakness is direct supply experince.

GIJ316

This round has been extremely quiet. Normally there is a lot of discussion regarding potential numbers and creds. I checked with my recruiter on friday and was told there was no information posted at that time. Anyone else?

Mike Anda

I've applied to this as well with no word. I wouldn't worry about your direct supply experience as we'll get a crash course and 2-3 years to get acclimated to the processes. Based on what you listed, you seem like a well qualified candidate that would be an exceptional officer.

My qualifications I hope do the same for me. I have a high honors B.S. in Management, MBA with distinction, and am on the career path to become a contracting officer with GSA.

I also have LOR's from a former 2 star supply Admiral and Flag Writer to boot. Hope we all get selected and can toast a beer at the 2 week indoc!

Asli

Good afternoon,
I was Professionally Recommended. I am a DAWIA Level II certified Contracting Officer. - For people who are looking for guidance, my qualifications are:
2 Masters degrees. (MBA from Boston University, MA from Webster University)
BS in Economics
Lean Six Sigma Certified
Government Contracting
DAWIA Level II in Contracting and DAWIA Level I in Program Management
Certified in Project Management
Fluent in four languages
29 years old

Good luck to all!

Motivated82

Calling all FY12 Supply DCO candidates, any word on the board meeting, Ive had the longest journey in this process. Orig pkg submitted July 0f 2010, it didnt make it to board do to hold up and gliches that i was only told after the fact. went to Jan 2011 was benched until this board. I know the competition is tight so its almost irrelevant to list my quals. Here it goes, 6 yr active 2mobres 3 reserve, on a 2nd yr of a 2yr mob, first class admin, AW qual, BBA, 1 class left of MSA in international Buss, LPO, MWR VP, treasure, SECMGR, CMEO mgr, LEGAL CLERK, et.. civil service in my CIV job doing supply mgmt functions. Being that my pkg is so outdated by now who knows the outcome, but i wish everyone luck. Im not giving up! my weakness is direct supply experince.

HOT OFF THE PRESS I WAS SELECTED this round!!!! I found out August 4th about 1:30pm from my recruiter!!!! Congrats to all the other candidates, I dont know names but there were about 82 of my guess 300 I got tired of counting

Motivated82

I've applied to this as well with no word. I wouldn't worry about your direct supply experience as we'll get a crash course and 2-3 years to get acclimated to the processes. Based on what you listed, you seem like a well qualified candidate that would be an exceptional officer.

My qualifications I hope do the same for me. I have a high honors B.S. in Management, MBA with distinction, and am on the career path to become a contracting officer with GSA.

I also have LOR's from a former 2 star supply Admiral and Flag Writer to boot. Hope we all get selected and can toast a beer at the 2 week indoc!

Congrats Mike, i didnt hear you mention any prior military but keep in touch. I meet with my recruiter next week to get the time line and details, redkdyo@yahoo.com Davis, Y

Jhobbsps1

Hello All, I too have received the word that I was prorec. I was wondering if anybody's recruiter has let the know when to expect their selection letter?

das

Contributor
Hello All, I too have received the word that I was prorec. I was wondering if anybody's recruiter has let the know when to expect their selection letter?

The Results Letter from the board is already available. If you're talking about your personal Final Select (FINSEL) letter, that could take weeks or even months, and depends on whether or not you've already completed the medical processes and been declared medically qualified. Once you receive your Final Select letter, Commissioning Documents (COMMDOCS) typically come within 10 days. Then you can swear in and start your journey!

Jhobbsps1

I was told that I have prorec and my PQ letter is back. So, I should just be waiting on FINSEL letter. Thank you for the information DAS.

Motivated82

Have you started the process to find a billet, I have had no luck with JOAPPLY, most likely will meet w/recruiter this week turn physcial form in and figure out what billets are avail, I dont know many DCO officers, and neither do the Officers I know, this is very different that the active duty programs.

Chris Bracken

Does anyone know when the next board is? I am at the beginning of my app process but I already have a secret clearance and have taken the AFVAB (don't know if this is necessary). My quals are:

MBA w/high gpa
DAWIA III
CDFM - certified defense financial manager
Acquisition Corps member
DoD civilian - manager
PMP - Project Management Professional
Secret Clearance - about to be upgraded to top
DBA candidate

Drawbacks :) I am stationed overseas in Naples, Italy. No DCO Officer recruiters here, only enlisted. I am trying to work with the SELRES DCO recruiter in Boston but they are not as responsive as I would like. Any ideas on this?

Congrats to those that have made it!

Asli

Hi Chris,

We almost have the same quals. I was picked up in July. I can refer you to my recruiter if you are interested. He has been very responsive and professional from the very beginning. PM me. Good luck - Asli