• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Intel Community Gouge (Bonus: "The Long Blue Wait" in FY09)

k2fourever

Congrats USN girl and USAF! I started working with my recruiter a little late to make this board, but I'm hoping to get it in for the JAN board. What did your packets look like?

das

Contributor
Congrats, USAF.Boom! I take it you were able to reach your recruiter. ;) Mine is likely unreachable until Monday. :icon_tong

USAF.Boom

Congrats USN girl and USAF! I started working with my recruiter a little late to make this board, but I'm hoping to get it in for the JAN board. What did your packets look like?

I graduated with honors with a degree in Political science, international politics. Was a Navy Corpsman, then transferred to the Air Force to be an in-flight refueler. I am currently a SSgt. I had personal letters of recommendations from a US Congressman, two Navy CAPT (former CO's of mine) a Missouri State Senator (who I am a paid staffer for) and a few others. I am also a Paramedic (former Lead Medic). And also have a few other items you need already completed. I also had a good interview in Chicago. I was also a LPO when I was a HM3 over some more senior individuals, which helped I assume.

The only thing I need to clear is my medical for tubes in my ears. Should be waiverable though.

Hopes this helps.

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
Congratulations to you both and best of luck with the rest of the process...hopefully everyone is cleared and everything works out. Feel free to send us PMs with any specific questions about our experiences.

das

Contributor
Congratulations to those selected! Any accurate word from recruiters on the number of applicants and selectees?

...and how/where are you guys finding out over the weekend? ;)

If anyone is browsing the forums and killing time waiting this Sunday, I'll be in the AW chat room...

X

xxxCharliexxx

Curious

Did everyone find out this weekend or will most find out this coming week? And is there a posted list somewhere of the selected? Congratulations to the selected :)

das

Contributor
Did everyone find out this weekend or will most find out this coming week? And is there a posted list somewhere of the selected? Congratulations to the selected :)

Charlie, very few folks have found out already...most people will find out this coming week! There is a list (somewhere), but not one that is publicly available.

X

xxxCharliexxx

Professionally recommended!

I got selected!!!!!!

Here's some feedback from my situation:
Non-prior service
Scientist/Geologist
Obtaining Master's Degree currently,
Previous experience: Hydrogeology, paleontologist, geophysicist, geophysical engineer, etc.
Field experience, navigation, lead field crews
Female, 35
Languages: English, Pashto, Arabic

Was passed over once before for lack of documents in packet.

So, I'm sure others are much more well qualified than myself but on resubmittal, I made sure every bill was paid off and they had all of the documents they needed.

I can't believe I'm finally in! Congrats to all that made it!!

smloan2

I got selected!!!!!!

Here's some feedback from my situation:
Non-prior service
Scientist/Geologist
Obtaining Master's Degree currently,
Previous experience: Hydrogeology, paleontologist, geophysicist, geophysical engineer, etc.
Field experience, navigation, lead field crews
Female, 35
Languages: English, Pashto, Arabic

Was passed over once before for lack of documents in packet.

So, I'm sure others are much more well qualified than myself but on resubmittal, I made sure every bill was paid off and they had all of the documents they needed.

I can't believe I'm finally in! Congrats to all that made it!!
Congrats!!

X

xxxCharliexxx

xxxCharliexxx Congratulations! I'm curious, how did you get word of your selection?

The Commander that did my final interview got the posting. I'm not prior service. He knew my recruiter so he called her to tell her that one of hers got selected. She had to drive to the office to get the email and call me.

YAY!

And thanks!!

Irish7011

xxxCharliexxx, thank you for the response! That is great news. Obviously you made an impression with the commander and the recruiter for them both to take such measures to notify you. Enjoy your celebration.

das

Contributor
Well, I've been speaking with several folks on the forums here, and promised I'd post when I got the results.

I did not get selected, but I am apparently among a small group of individuals whose packages are being forwarded along to the IW and IP communities for consideration.

For reference, this is my package:

- 36 years old
- 15 years in academic/government enterprise IT (with the same organization)
- Various leadership and advisory positions
- Professional presentation and instruction experience
- BA in Intelligence Studies (Information Operations concentration), GPA 4.0
- MA in Intelligence Studies (Information Warfare concentration) in progress, GPA 4.0
- Several semesters of physics and calculus at UW-Madison
- ASTB 8/8/7/68
- AFOQT P-94, N-96, AA-95, V-90, Q-94 (AFROTC full scholarship recipient, but did not pursue at that time)
- Strong LORs: Employer; Chief Medical Officer at large firm/Retired O-6; Dean and professor/Retired O-6; MD/PhD researcher
- Strong interview and recommendation from NIRR Midwest CO/XO (O-5s)
- Information Management Group member of a state government Emergency Operations Center for several years
- Chair, Web 2.0 and Social Software Group, Federal Knowledge Management Initiative
- Intellipedia Administrator
- Strong extracurriculars

Here is what I believe I DON'T have, given what I see from other folks who have been selected:

- Current/prior service
- Other federal service
- Languages
- Formal intelligence experience
- Formal management/supervisory experience
- TS/SCI or other existing clearance

Obviously not all folks selected have all of the above, but so far, it appears many have one or more. I'm going to keep pursuing this path, and I'll be deciding on what course to take next.

Thanks to many on this site for advice and insight that has been invaluable throughout this process. And most of all, congratulations to those that were selected!