• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Intel Community Gouge (Bonus: "The Long Blue Wait" in FY09)

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I believe there actually has been no board since OCT 08, and the ones originally scheduled for February and/or March were canceled...

The last three Intel boards were:

OCT 08
12 DEC 2008
02 FEB 2009

Reactions: das

USNGRL

das,
Where you referring to the RIA (North East)? I'm curious, as they don't say who has applied from within.

das

Contributor
das,
Where you referring to the RIA (North East)? I'm curious, as they don't say who has applied from within.

RIAs are now referred to as NIRRs, and I was referring to all of them...I'm in midwest, and as far as I understand it, your region also comes into play. I.e., if some regions are light on applicants but have more slots, they'll have a higher percentage of selectees. But you're right: short of other folks saying so on forums like this, I have no idea how many have applied in each region.

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
RIAs are now referred to as NIRRs, and I was referring to all of them...I'm in midwest, and as far as I understand it, your region also comes into play. I.e., if some regions are light on applicants but have more slots, they'll have a higher percentage of selectees. But you're right: short of other folks saying so on forums like this, I have no idea how many have applied in each region.

Same for NIRR Washington, DC. I was told they had too many applicants at one board so "tabled" some (me included) to a future board. Now I hear that they don't have enough applicants to even hold a board...

USNGRL

Good Luck

Good Luck to everyone who applied. The big day is Monday. I'll be away (from the computer) for a few days playing Navy.
As far as I know, (or so the recruiter says as of today) the board is still on for Monday. Now the numbers are allegedly close to 400 applicants nationwide. Where did all of these people come from?!

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
Good Luck to everyone who applied. The big day is Monday. I'll be away (from the computer) for a few days playing Navy.
As far as I know, (or so the recruiter says as of today) the board is still on for Monday. Now the numbers are allegedly close to 400 applicants nationwide. Where did all of these people come from?!

Let us know how it goes...that is in two weeks when they release the results :sleep_125

das

Contributor
Just heard from my recruiter that there are 194 packages at the Intel board and it kicks off on the morning of 9-14.

Thanks for the info...that's consistent with what I have heard. I've also heard that we should hopefully hear the results before the end of the month (I'm hoping sooner!). Good luck to all of you!

X

xxxCharliexxx

confused

so, I'm a bit confused reading this thread. How many applicants and billets are there? I saw where someone posted that there were 400+ applicants and another said 194. Big difference there lol. Can someone clear it up for me? And out of the 400 (or 194) packets, how many slots are there to fill this time around? Anyone know specifics?

Thanks!

das

Contributor
so, I'm a bit confused reading this thread. How many applicants and billets are there? I saw where someone posted that there were 400+ applicants and another said 194. Big difference there lol. Can someone clear it up for me? And out of the 400 (or 194) packets, how many slots are there to fill this time around? Anyone know specifics?

Thanks!

I think folks are just passing on information that their recruiters have told them. For intel, one individual heard that there were 60 slots to be filled at the first board, and an additional 20 at each of the two remaining FY10 boards.

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks

Thanks!

The numbers change for each board...different numbers of applicants and different number of billet slots to fill...unfortunately it all depends on the time you apply and the area to which you apply.

das

Contributor
Does anyone know more about how the board itself works? I was just thinking about the Intel board being held today, and let's say there are 194 kits before the board. Working 8 hours straight with no break of any kind, that's only 2.5 minutes per candidate. In the case of the last supply board, 2 minutes per candidate. Is there a process that goes on before the board to "rate" or make recommendations on packages, which the board then reviews and/or "signs off" on? Or a summary of the candidate like "Strong LORs, good GPA, etc." so the board can make quick selects/rejects? And if the decision is actually made at the board, today, why would it take two weeks to find out the results?

I'm sure questions likes these are on other folks' minds as well, so I just thought I'd pose them. ;-)

USNGRL

Here is what I have been told by a pretty good source.

For obvious reasons there has to be a "weeding out" process. The reason your kits must have been submitted back in August was to give a "processor" time to go thru your kits for errors and such. When ready, it is sent down to Tenn. There are personnel there that review the kits for completion, strength, and competitiveness, etc. These folks are the briefers. The briefers all have a good working knowledge of what is being sought by the board. They break the kits down into percentages. ie: the top 10%, then middle weight, then bottom. The kits are presented to the board in a stadium seating type room, with three big screens (your life), and covered key pads (so others can't see). The briefers start from the top 10%, working down. The decision, yaay or nay, is made in as little as 18 seconds. Once the top percentile are ran thru, then they go over the others, and may re-visit some kits if all billets aren't filled.
What I found disturbing about this whole process, is that if your kit doesn't make it this go aorund, it's tossed out.
This process may not be totally accurate, but it gave me a better understanding of the process. Again, this is just an account from a pretty good source.
I hope that helps.

das

Contributor
USNGRL,

Thanks for the info...that makes a lot of sense, regarding how the process works. We'll all find out soon enough!