• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CY 2011 DCO IW/IP/Intel boards: discussion and speculation

dephyler

Contributor
Last DWE I saw a chart of ages for the last board. More were in their 20's than 40's, but the mode was 32, and early thirties prevailed overall. If you're over the cutoff age, even with an age waiver, you'd need a helluva package. The IDC is overmanned for officers (114% manned overall), so competition will be fierce. Good luck to you all!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Is it possible for another recruiter to tell me what my selection status was on the Sept board? Was I non-select or packet incomplete or what ever else was returned. I don't mind re-applying until I'm selected but I wish I knew where I ended up for the Sept board.

cdb26

Light at the end of the tunnel. Interview coming up. Keep you all posted. ENS Das (the man is official), what's the word?

So are you all set up with an interview date? When is it? My recruiter told me that he was inquiring, but has yet to get back to me with a date...thoughts?

Got an email from my recruiter saying that I can put in a letter of reconsideration for the March boards. I recently completed a couple of IT certifications, and I am expecting to get better letters of recommendation from senior level GS and SES folks here where I am employed. Yay!

PapaK

So are you all set up with an interview date? When is it? My recruiter told me that he was inquiring, but has yet to get back to me with a date...thoughts?

cdb26, got the call yesterday to plan for Feb 5 and plan for one interview with O-6 about a week prior. Recruiter is still not sure if the March Boards will happen but we're proceeding as though it is. I'm glad and thankful that at least the process is happening. I'd push the recruiter a little more. Interviews are to be done and submitted with the package to the boards about 30 days before the board date so you may be cutting it a bit close. One commander told me to pester the recruiter or call the OIC for the recruiting station if necessary. I hope it pans out for you. Good Luck!

das

Contributor
Ok...I have some solid info: the next IDC DCO PR is indeed convening 21-24 MAR 11. There following quotas are expected: 25-30 INTEL, 6 IP, 7 IW. To all: good luck!

cdb26

cdb26, got the call yesterday to plan for Feb 5 and plan for one interview with O-6 about a week prior. Recruiter is still not sure if the March Boards will happen but we're proceeding as though it is. I'm glad and thankful that at least the process is happening. I'd push the recruiter a little more. Interviews are to be done and submitted with the package to the boards about 30 days before the board date so you may be cutting it a bit close. One commander told me to pester the recruiter or call the OIC for the recruiting station if necessary. I hope it pans out for you. Good Luck!

Excellen Papak, congratulations...so are you having the interview on the 5th, or is it one week prior (on the 29th?) Wasn't certain from what you wrote - I'm going to hound my recruiter today and tomorrow to get to the bottom of this. Thanks again for your response.

widi

Ok...I have some solid info: the next IDC DCO PR is indeed convening 21-24 MAR 11. There following quotas are expected: 25-30 INTEL, 6 IP, 7 IW. To all: good luck!

Heard nearly the same (slightly lower numbers) from staff here on the east coast.

cdb26

Agreed, but it seems like it'll definitely be a bit more competitive this go around...assuming same number of applicants (b/t 260-280) and slightly less # of slots available. neverthless, I'm up to the challenge...as soon as I get my darn interview date nailed down. Seems as though I keep getting emails from my recruiter asking for all of this misc info, but no interview date.

PapaK

Excellen Papak, congratulations...so are you having the interview on the 5th, or is it one week prior (on the 29th?) Wasn't certain from what you wrote - I'm going to hound my recruiter today and tomorrow to get to the bottom of this. Thanks again for your response.

Got one interview with a panel (I think) of Officers on Feb 5. but before that I have to meet the OIC for a one-on-one interview. Any word from your recruiter?

cdb26

Got one interview with a panel (I think) of Officers on Feb 5. but before that I have to meet the OIC for a one-on-one interview. Any word from your recruiter?

Not yet...hoping I get a response soon. Good luck with the interviews...hopefully we'll touch base on the other side if we're successful.

ojhendrix

Where is Everyone From

Just out of curiosity, where is everyone located? Ill go first, Im from Norfolk, VA. Just curious, maybe I can meet a local on here and start really networking.