• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CUBI CAT is BA-A-A-ACK ??

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Interesting, this is their quote "equipped with grease zert in the race and in the wheel".

They could have used the correct terminology of a ZERK fitting.

They did use the correct terminology. ZERK is a brand name for a fitting that is used in a grease zert.:D

Redux

They did use the correct terminology. ZERK is a brand name for a fitting that is used in a grease zert.:D

That's a big negative on that one.
Invented by some guy named Zerk it was named after him. The patent for the zerk fitting was granted to Oscar Zerk in January 1929.:p Bottom line, a company that specializes in that kinda stuff ought to get the basics right. JMHO.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Bravo Zulu to you guys for getting approval to build this.

A friend of my family was an A-6 BN back in the day, and related the story of this thing at Cubi when I was younger.

In today's atmosphere where anything fun is apparently banned (seems to be the case regardless of service...), I'm surprised this is has been "allowed" to be rebuilt.

Glad to see someone's keeping the spirit alive. Best of luck to ya.

Would you 'hookers let an AF weenie try his luck at it?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Bravo Zulu to you guys for getting approval to build this.

A friend of my family was an A-6 BN back in the day, and related the story of this thing at Cubi when I was younger.

In today's atmosphere where anything fun is apparently banned (seems to be the case regardless of service...), I'm surprised this is has been "allowed" to be rebuilt.

Glad to see someone's keeping the spirit alive. Best of luck to ya.

MB has some very persuasive tactics he uses to his advantage.

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None

Absolutely...Air Force per diem money is good in any Navy Club. You don't even need to have a membership card, which is not the case in several Air Force establishments I've been kicked out of in my day.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
That's a big negative on that one.
Invented by some guy named Zerk it was named after him. The patent for the zerk fitting was granted to Oscar Zerk in January 1929.:p Bottom line, a company that specializes in that kinda stuff ought to get the basics right. JMHO.
Apparently, you've never shopped for Dzus fasteners.:D

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Absolutely...Air Force per diem money is good in any Navy Club. You don't even need to have a membership card, which is not the case in several Air Force establishments I've been kicked out of in my day.

Yeah, I love winning KLONDIKE money & drinks from Air Force guys! I'll be the bank and hand me the dice! Good times!!!

-ea6bflyr ;)

HackerF15E

None

Yeah, I've never understood that. Perhaps that's why USAF clubs are dying off. Slowly but surely they've alienated the exact people that are their primary clientele.

To be quite honest, in the 'era' that I've been in the USAF, our clubs have never been that good. The "Check Six" at Nellis is pretty good, but still doesn't live up in any way to what I've heard it was like in the Glory Days.

The last time I even went to the Club for something other than a mandatory function was when some shoe-clerk O-6 told me to stop saying "fuck" because it offended his wife. Last straw for me...haven't been back.

The bar in my squadron has drinks I've all ready paid for and people I want to hang out with anyway. When I cuss, smoke, make a mess, whatever, I don't have to worry about some dumbass trying to take me to task for it.

HackerF15E

None
4-5-6? Are you perhaps thinking of "Ship / Captain / Crew?" :)

Appears to be a similar game, except the object is to have a roll with two dice being the same number, and then the value of the "odd" dice is compared to the value rolled by the banker/pot/ante.

If the player's value is equal, then it is a push. Higher, then you win your bet against the pot. Lower, your bet goes into the pot.

Rolling 4-5-6 on the three dice is an auto winner, and you get to own the next pot/ante. 1-2-3 is an auto loser.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...To be quite honest, in the 'era' that I've been in the USAF, our clubs have never been that good...
That's a shame, as they used to be somewhat of a gold standard:

Clark, Yokota, Hickam, Nellis, Travis, Tyndall, Kirtland, Homestead, Maxwell, Randolph, .... even Hill (where else you gonna drink?) & McChord. They were all GREAT.

Mebbe not "Navy" ... but everyone always had a good time and the Zoomie's always treated us right. :)

*EDIT* ... I would be remiss if I didn't mention Kunsan --- numba' ONE Club, GI. :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Actually, I was damn impressed with the Osan O club.....the Checkertails I think. They even have their own brewery going on in there.