• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CUBI CAT is BA-A-A-ACK ??

MasterBates

VT-22s XO has ordered a "Rules of the Bar" plaque. Not one up currently. Apparently got lost in the move from the old O-Club.

Frenchy, I am surprised you walked into your house under your own power when we got shooed out of the bar at 0230.

And yes, a movement to bring back the "good things" is underway here in Kingsville.

The party was a "Gangsta Pool Party" theme, hence the bandannas in squadron colors. The Commodore had both on.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Wow, looks like there's only one decent looking chick in the whole place. Is that what I get to look forward to if I go to Kingsville?

MasterBates

Basically, if you want to be surrounded by fat white single moms, with the occasional hot chick, go to Meridian.

If you want to be surrounded by fat mexcian single moms (aka BMWs) with some hot hispanic and white chicks, come to Kingsville.

The "other" Advanced locations (Whiting, Enid) are not exactly paradise for the local women either.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, it seems to be the Navy's way of having you "focus" on your studies. Funny, no matter how hard they try I still won't study.

MasterBates

Okay, we are making progress on getting the Cubi Cat approved.

I need some help. I am having ZERO luck finding a supplier for the wheels.

I know its a gay picture, but the wheels on the back of this cart is the type I need. I need 4 sets. (2 axle worth) to construct the Cubi Cat. My google fu is weak. The few places I have found that supply rides with this setup won't sell unless you have a ride already (aka, no homebuilt support).

Its basically 2 wheels on top of an I-Beam track, with a smaller "retainer" roller underneath. I was going to do a much simpler "wheel on top" design but the safety nazis are decreeing it MUST have some sort of "retention to prevent flipping" feature.

OnTheRollerCoaster_t.jpg

Here is a similar setup
622px-Vekomawheels.jpg

Also, if anyone has an adult sized go kart frame, (single seat) that they can "donate" or sell cheap as the basis for the "plane" please let me know.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Now if you would get rid of those silly bandannas (or bananas?) and add a LOT more polyester and some sideburns -- you'd ALMOST have a 40-year FLASHBACK ... !!! :eek::)

HEY!!! I just noticed!!! Does that guy in the right background have a BALLCAP ON HIS HEAD?? A COVER ON IN THE O' CLUB??? If so; I assume he's treating the crowd ... yea-as???

I just noticed the white boy wearing the maroon colored Morehouse St. teeshirt in the middle of the K-ville O'club pic....pretty funny.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Only problem I see with that Doc...is that its designed to be load bearing from the bottom...might be an issue, or with a welder, might not.

I was picturing three wheels per side...single flanged with the flange on opposite sides top and bottom. There are companies that make these to order...

http://www.irwincar.com/irwincar/custom-steel-wheels.asp

But really, I'd search around for scrapped rail carts (not cars)...think O Brother Where art Thou...

Here is kinda what I had in mind...two wheels on top...one on bottom.

Cart3900.JPG

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
MB - I'm not above arm-chair quarterbacking, so I'll say it:

I think you're defiling the memory of the Cubi Cat by attempting to build it out of a catalog w/ pre-fab set ups.

Use that mad-scientist experience/education (and some CAD software) to design a suitable chassis; "procure" some tube stock; find a welder you can pay in beer (an old-school airframer, at say CCAD, perhaps?) and birth a Cat truly worthy of the lowest bidder/best scrounger!

BTW - the best way to get it by the Safety-nistas, is to not tell them how you plan to do it, but rather let them inspect the final product. (The Inertial Approach)

(oh yeah - two words, skateboard wheels.)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
You know...I was thinking about this...

Doesn't seem to me that there is any reason you can't use a light, hard rubber wheel for the safety wheel. I'd get ahold of a shopping cart, fab up some brackets and call that the bottom "safety wheel".

That way, you can get one of those carts, use the cart metal itself as a frame, and the 4 wheels as your load bearing, wheels...two per side.

Redux

HEY!!! I just noticed!!! Does that guy in the right background have a BALLCAP ON HIS HEAD?? A COVER ON IN THE O' CLUB??? If so; I assume he's treating the crowd ... yea-as???

One could be broke doing that during lunch time at the Breezy 21. :eek: One ALWAYS noticed that even over the tiddy dancers when it came to free drinks!