• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More children died of flu last year than COVID. And those that did had comorbidities. Stupid to prioritize children for vax. Others need it more.

jackjack

I guess we’ll be waiting a while for people to have freedom given back to them. Bonus picture of two imprisoned (ironic) Aussies on bikes with masks on like complete dipshits. I guess that’s one way to spend their rec hour.
We are currently at 25% fully vaccinated. So Sydney getting some extra relief for the vaccinated, during their covid wave matters. My state doesn't have any infections, but are still taking precautions with masks. While our neighbour state is having a corvid wave. We are pretty well back to covid normal here. There will be crowds going to football this weekend. Nothing is closed, restaurants and bars are open.
More children died of flu last year than COVID. And those that did had comorbidities. Stupid to prioritize children for vax. Others need it more.
The US has an excess of vaccines, there is no prioritising needed. We did ask if we could get some of your excess, but I don't think anything came from it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The US has an excess of vaccines, there is no prioritising needed. We did ask if we could get some of your excess, but I don't think anything came from it.
So, we should waste them? Maybe boosters for the most at risk? Better still send some to other countries that need it.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
We are currently at 25% fully vaccinated. So Sydney getting some extra relief for the vaccinated, during their covid wave matters. My state doesn't have any infections, but are still taking precautions with masks. While our neighbour state is having a corvid wave. We are pretty well back to covid normal here. There will be crowds going to football this weekend. Nothing is closed, restaurants and bars are open.

I agree it matters. It’s cool vaccinated people are now “allowed” outside their homes for an extra hour. If that’s the freedom their benevolent overlords dole out at 25%, they should be back to a free society by 80% for sure.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sharyl Attkinson podcast interview with Dr Jay Bhattacharya, Stanford Professor of Medicine. No hysterics. Just some good intelligent info. A little something for everyone. Masks, shut downs, vaccines, etc.

Sharyl Attkinson has several times in the past claimed a link between vaccines to autism, in other words she's a fucking idiot.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sharyl Attkinson has several times in the past claimed a link between vaccines to autism, in other words she's a fucking idiot.
You might have a point if she was making unilateral claims. The relevant info comes from the Dr. Have a listen. She asks questions and allows the Dr wide latitude to answer. There is no hint of antivax from either party.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Could be part of the deal with the gov for $356 million. Could be to try to squash any studies on ivermectin showing its effectiveness so their own funding doesn't get killed. We don't know. We do know they are making more money from the government than they would be if they were pushing ivermectin.

There are 50 studies in one of my previous links showing it successfully reducing hospitalizations and/or deaths by 80%. You seem to ignore those and focus on the one that was only ivermectin against SARs2. In reality, your body's own antibodies are fighting the virus and ivermectin is there to help. It's not just ivermectin against the virus. (Again, provided in previous links you've ignored. )
If you recall, I did not ignore the link you're referring to. We discussed the fact that those studies are not definitive and certainly not controlled for variables. They are, as you put it at one point, a case of throwing things against the wall to see what sticks. I even met you halfway and said the data look promising and that they warranted actual human trials, especially considering how cheap ivermectin is. But way to once again dodge the question about ivermectin vs vaccine/monoclonal antibodies.

At this point, we're talking past each other, as MIDN said, and I've reached my quota for futile Internet arguments. I'll close by referring to a point Treetop Flyer made, regarding the similarity between the available data for masking and for ivermectin. What confounds me is how the healthy skepticism that is being applied to data about masking doesn't seem to translate to ivermectin. Personally I, like seemingly most in this thread, am not convinced masks do anything at all against COVID-19. But at the same time, there's not enough evidence yet that ivermectin works either. Why does the skepticism people have for the masks, and apparently for the vaccine and monoclonal antibodies, not also extend to ivermectin?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You might have a point if she was making unilateral claims. The relevant info comes from the Dr. Have a listen. She asks questions and allows the Dr wide latitude to answer. There is no hint of antivax from either party.

She has made unilateral claims for over a decade about vaccines and autism, that makes her an idiot no matter who she interviews and I certainly won't give her any clicks ($) as a result.