• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can’t wait to hear the excuse matrix for these results.

“SARS-CoV-2-naïve vaccinees had a 13.06-fold (95% CI, 8.08 to 21.11) increased risk for breakthrough infection with the Delta variant compared to those previously infected, when the first event (infection or vaccination) occurred during January and February of 2021. The increased risk was significant (P<0.001) for symptomatic disease as well. When allowing the infection to occur at any time before vaccination (from March 2020 to February 2021), evidence of waning natural immunity was demonstrated, though SARS-CoV-2 naïve vaccinees had a 5.96-fold (95% CI, 4.85 to 7.33) increased risk for breakthrough infection and a 7.13-fold (95% CI, 5.51 to 9.21) increased risk for symptomatic disease. SARS-CoV-2-naïve vaccinees were also at a greater risk for COVID-19-related-hospitalizations compared to those that were previously infected.”

Are medRxiv preprints certified by peer review?

Manuscripts submitted to medRxiv are not certified by peer review, edited, or typeset before being posted online.

taxi1

pilot
Remember back when we locked down to “prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed”?

And now we’ve transitioned fully into zero covid. Which is never going to happen. We’re not going to vaccinate our way out of a respiratory virus.

So my question to lockdown and mask proponents, when does it ever end?
Curious about @taxi1 ’s answer to this. No dodging. No two word answer. Direct response.

PlayfulCarefulAfricanrockpython-max-1mb.gif

First, the zero Covid ship left the pier back in March 2020, and it was empty. The idea that we've transitioned to zero Covid is ludicrous.

Second, ask yourself what would happen if we had no vaccines, masks, or social distancing. The virus would absolutely rage through the population, killing lots directly through the virus and lots more due to lack of available care (beds, O2, etc.) That includes people with other problems that can't get care because the hospitals are clogged. We'd probably have more variants, since all of the really bad variants have emerged from places with uncontrolled spread (India, Brazil, GB).

Now, what if everyone was vaccinated? Then the virus would also spread (thanks, Delta variant) but at a slower rate (infected vaccinated are less contagious) and far, far fewer would die. It'd be rapidly spreading bad cold.

So where we are at is in between. Basically us vaccinated are waiting on the pandemic to make its way through the unvaccinated, while keeping our fingers crossed that no new variant pops up. We'll get our bad colds at worst, except for a few vulnerable folks. Most of the unvaccinated will also just have a bad cold at worst, but that leaves hundreds of thousands to end up in hospitals, in ICUs, on ventilators, and some in the morgue. We'll keep doing things like masks and social distancing to try to manage the hospital crush.

This whole 4th surge of hospitalizations, ICUs, and ventilators is 100% on the unvaccinated. All of it. Completely unnecessary.

Attachments

• 1629986598666.png
    1629986598666.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 0

SlickAg

pilot
PlayfulCarefulAfricanrockpython-max-1mb.gif

First, the zero Covid ship left the pier back in March 2020, and it was empty. The idea that we've transitioned to zero Covid is ludicrous.

Second, ask yourself what would happen if we had no vaccines, masks, or social distancing. The virus would absolutely rage through the population, killing lots directly through the virus and lots more due to lack of available care (beds, O2, etc.) That includes people with other problems that can't get care because the hospitals are clogged. We'd probably have more variants, since all of the really bad variants have emerged from places with uncontrolled spread (India, Brazil, GB).

Now, what if everyone was vaccinated? Then the virus would also spread (thanks, Delta variant) but at a slower rate (infected vaccinated are less contagious) and far, far fewer would die. It'd be rapidly spreading bad cold.

So where we are at is in between. Basically us vaccinated are waiting on the pandemic to make its way through the unvaccinated, while keeping our fingers crossed that no new variant pops up. We'll get our bad colds at worst, except for a few vulnerable folks. Most of the unvaccinated will also just have a bad cold at worst, but that leaves hundreds of thousands to end up in hospitals, in ICUs, on ventilators, and some in the morgue. We'll keep doing things like masks and social distancing to try to manage the hospital crush.

This whole 4th surge of hospitalizations, ICUs, and ventilators is 100% on the unvaccinated. All of it. Completely unnecessary.
I’d love to believe you, but the precedent for believing anything on here is whether or not it’s been peer-reviewed. @Flash makes the rules, not me.

Sidenote: how grateful are you to President Trump for authorizing Operation Warp Speed and getting us the vaccine so quickly?

Your point about people dying makes sense. So why don’t we just install scales at restaurants and only allow people to order based on how much they weigh? This is just as much of a public health crisis as covid. If I get sick and need to go to the hospital, I can’t have some person who’s there only due to BMI-related issues unnecessarily taking my bed. Same thing with smoking. I can’t wait until doctors walk off the job to have a “press conference” and say that they won’t treat anyone who’s ever smoked a cigarette. What I think you fail to grasp is that many of us see this as a matter of principle that the government should have no say in individuals’ private medical decisions.

So you support only zero unnecessary COVID death, but you’re okay with other forms of unnecessary death?

Last edited:

taxi1

pilot
I’d love to believe you, but the precedent for believing anything on here is whether or not it’s been peer-reviewed. @Flash makes the rules, not me.

Sidenote: how grateful are you to President Trump for authorizing Operation Warp Speed and getting us the vaccine so quickly?
Credit where credit is due!

Still baffled why he kept it a secret that he got it for so long, and hasn't beat the drum hard on what was his greatest accomplishment. It will end up saving many hundreds of thousands of lives.

Here he is getting booed for recommending it. Crazy.

SlickAg

pilot
Credit where credit is due!

Still baffled why he kept it a secret that he got it for so long, and hasn't beat the drum hard on what was his greatest accomplishment. It will end up saving many hundreds of thousands of lives.

Here he is getting booed for recommending it. Crazy.

Go back and read my post after I edited it. And then add this one in: what are we going to do when there’s a strain that’s vaccine resistant? Even Pfizer‘s CEO thinks it’s close.

taxi1

pilot
What I think you fail to grasp is that many of us see this as a matter of principle that the government should have no say in individuals’ private medical decisions.
I 100% agree with you on private medical decisions. Obesity for a lot of people, or in my case it could be visits to the hospital due to getting kicked by my wife's horse (P.S., I've got a horse-sized tube of Ivermectrim wormer on standby).

But getting vaccinated during a pandemic is not a private medical decision. It has a very public impact. Obesity is not contagious, a disease like Covid is. This is where our "principled actions" can result in the deaths of others.
what are we going to do when there’s a strain that’s vaccine resistant?
That will set us way the hell back, and we should do everything possible to minimize that risk. Getting everyone vaccinated and the pandemic squashed ASAP is the best path to that.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I 100% agree with you on private medical decisions. Obesity for a lot of people, or in my case it could be visits to the hospital due to getting kicked by my wife's horse (P.S., I've got a horse-sized tube of Ivermectrim wormer on standby).

But getting vaccinated during a pandemic is not a private medical decision. It has a very public impact. Obesity is not contagious, a disease like Covid is. This is where our "principled actions" can result in the deaths of others.

That will set us way the hell back, and we should do everything possible to minimize that risk. Getting everyone vaccinated and the pandemic squashed ASAP is the best path to that.
Your previous post blaming hospital capacity on unvaccinated people would follow to blame fat people. Not a lot of skinny people getting hospitalized for covid.

SlickAg

pilot

Is covid less contagious in Sweden? Because a lot less people seem to be dying there. They don’t wear masks or have vaccine mandates, so what are we doing so much worse?

In other words, obesity is a lot more critical than previously stated, or vaccines don’t really matter. Just like masks. It’s almost like America’s comorbidities are the actual or underlying public health epidemic.

SlickAg

pilot
Like I was saying...

“Certain underlying conditions and the number of conditions were associated with severe COVID-19 illness. Hypertension and disorders of lipid metabolism were the most frequent, whereas obesity, diabetes with complication, and anxiety disorders were the strongest risk factors for severe COVID-19 illness. Careful evaluation and management of underlying conditions among patients with COVID-19 can help stratify risk for severe illness.”

Hey @Flash, can you do us all a solid and check and see if it’s been peer reviewed?