• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
She has made unilateral claims for over a decade about vaccines and autism, that makes her an idiot no matter who she interviews and I certainly won't give her any clicks ($) as a result.
Your loss. Don't know how you can consume 95% of media given your standard for idiocy. Provided, of course, it is applied across the spectrum.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your loss. Don't know how you can consume 95% of media given your standard for idiocy. Provided, of course, it is applied across the spectrum.

Don't daft, someone who actively and consistently has reported a link between vaccines and autism, a false narrative that has possibly caused thousands of easily preventable deaths, for well over a decade is not a very high bar for idiocy. Ignoring her and her idiocy along with not providing her any funds, even fraction fo a cent, is the least I can do.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
If you recall, I did not ignore the link you're referring to. We discussed the fact that those studies are not definitive and certainly not controlled for variables. They are, as you put it at one point, a case of throwing things against the wall to see what sticks. I even met you halfway and said the data look promising and that they warranted actual human trials, especially considering how cheap ivermectin is. But way to once again dodge the question about ivermectin vs vaccine/monoclonal antibodies.

At this point, we're talking past each other, as MIDN said, and I've reached my quota for futile Internet arguments. I'll close by referring to a point Treetop Flyer made, regarding the similarity between the available data for masking and for ivermectin. What confounds me is how the healthy skepticism that is being applied to data about masking doesn't seem to translate to ivermectin. Personally I, like seemingly most in this thread, am not convinced masks do anything at all against COVID-19. But at the same time, there's not enough evidence yet that ivermectin works either. Why does the skepticism people have for the masks, and apparently for the vaccine and monoclonal antibodies, not also extend to ivermectin?

Just found out my in laws have been buying and taking this stuff as an alternative for the vaccines. Even after having 2 very close friends die from covid/covid related complications they still refuse to believe vaccines do anything to prevent the severity of covid, if you're unlucky enough to contract it. An 80% solution is better than a 0% solution.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Bet their tapeworms are pissed
There is a lot of demonizing of Ivermectin going on - and there is some honest data on its use - just not in the way big media is presenting it. No one in their right mind thinks guzzling tubes of apple ivermectin horse paste is a good thing. That doesn't mean in the form of a human pharmaceutical its not a safe, low cost potential tool in this situation. Brazil and India come to mind.

I found this commentary interesting: https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=240862

taxi1

pilot
It sounds like there are quite a few taking it prophylactically right now, so we should see a signal in the data confirming some sort of effect if true. Folks should crowd-source a study.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Bet their tapeworms are pissed
Trust me, they jumped on that conspiracy theory train long ago and the train already left the station. I, in no way, endorse their behavior or comments. I'm just trying to do what's best for me and my family, and at times that is to completely tune them out.

SlickAg

pilot
Ain't my job, that's what peer review is for.
Has this guy been peer reviewed?

"We’re seeing the number of people hospitalized going up at rates we’ve never seen before,” said Peter Graven, Ph.D., lead data scientist in OHSU’s Business Intelligence unit. “We had hoped to see the new statewide masking mandate make a difference in flattening the rate of infection, but we’re not seeing that yet.”

bcort

If you recall, I did not ignore the link you're referring to. We discussed the fact that those studies are not definitive and certainly not controlled for variables. They are, as you put it at one point, a case of throwing things against the wall to see what sticks. I even met you halfway and said the data look promising and that they warranted actual human trials, especially considering how cheap ivermectin is. But way to once again dodge the question about ivermectin vs vaccine/monoclonal antibodies.
Correct. We are at the same point in saying that more studies on it would be good to have. Peer-reviewed studies would be nice, and certainly clarify the efficacy of the drug.

With that said, there are reasons why countries have been using it, most recently Japan, to help treat covid.

But, people solely referring to it as a de-wormer (don't believe you have, but at least taxi1 has in here), isn't productive the discussion either.

At this point, we're talking past each other, as MIDN said, and I've reached my quota for futile Internet arguments. I'll close by referring to a point Treetop Flyer made, regarding the similarity between the available data for masking and for ivermectin. What confounds me is how the healthy skepticism that is being applied to data about masking doesn't seem to translate to ivermectin. Personally I, like seemingly most in this thread, am not convinced masks do anything at all against COVID-19. But at the same time, there's not enough evidence yet that ivermectin works either. Why does the skepticism people have for the masks, and apparently for the vaccine and monoclonal antibodies, not also extend to ivermectin?
I don't believe I've said anything on masks in here, and I only try to focus on one particular topic at a time. Conflating topics sidetracks both.