• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

taxi1

pilot
The data has shown over and over that masks are pointless theater.

jit210006t1_1614735399.85434.png

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You mean the cherry-picked data that supports your pre-existing bent shows that. There’s a lot more that shows great efficacy, especially when both parties wear them. I’ll trust the CDC over individual internet “research” any day.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You mean the cherry-picked data that supports your pre-existing bent shows that. There’s a lot more that shows great efficacy, especially when both parties wear them. I’ll trust the CDC over individual internet “research” any day.
Plenty of actual studies showing that masks don’t do shit. They’re all over this thread. There’s a reason why the CDC never recommended masks for other respiratory viruses. But yeah I’m cherry picking data. I wish I had some ironclad evidence like an online survey or interviews with 139 salon patrons.

taxi1

pilot
Plenty of actual studies showing that masks don’t do shit.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I'll believe them before the usual suspects in the media who helped foment the antimask/antivax idiocy in the first place.
CDC & Fomenting Media . . . . . not a whole lot of difference between the two. And their alliances / mutual support have been exposed repeatedly. Not a big surprise there is doubt as to the accuracy and motivation of their official information.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let's see, current COVID hospitalizations are running 90+% unvaccinated. Breakthrough cases requiring hospitalization and deaths among vaccinated running just over 1% average (just a mental calculation)

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yes, masks do significantly reduce transmission. The CDC says so. At any rate, your statement,"Masks do not work. That’s not even in question." is certainly open for question if the CDC says you're wrong. I'll believe them before the usual suspects in the media who helped foment the antimask/antivax idiocy in the first place.
It's important to understand what the CDC is, and what it isn't.

What it is: a federal executive branch entity charged with making national public health recommendations to federally elected officials.

CDC Mission Statement said:
CDC works 24/7 to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same.

CDC increases the health security of our nation. As the nation’s health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise.
They aren't a neutral party in any scientific debate, and they aren't concerned with any particular individual's health. When there is conflicting research, such as the efficacy of masks, they will err on the side of conservatism because that is consistent with their mission statement.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your obsession about my private medical history and decisions take away from your argument. Whether or not I’ve elected to receive the vaccine or have already had covid has nothing to do with the discussion.

Disregarding natural immunity towards covid is anti-scientific. It exists. The reason why “the experts” are calling for everyone to get a vaccine, regardless of prior infection, is because they “don’t know how long natural immunity lasts”. Looks like it’s better than the vaccine, actually.

The studies to which I was referring are the ones literally used to grant the EUA. The CDC Director and Dr. Fauci didn’t get in the front of the American people with the claim that the vaccine prevented people from spreading the virus out of thin air, did they? If the vaccine were NOT so effective, how would the DOD justify mandating it for all service members?

Funny how you can take a jab at me and my belief in natural immunity by telling me to go hang out in a covid ward but I can’t make a joke about NFOs needing glasses.
You continue to divert by talking about natural immunity and it wasn’t even part of the original question. The discussion was about Ivermectin.

“Studies”, high quality ones, also showed that getting vaccinated prevented infection and subsequent transmission of covid. How’d those studies turn out? Oh yeah, they’re the same ones being used to mandate the vaccine now. Whoops! BuT tHe ScIeNcE cHaNgEd Bc Of VaRiAnTs!!! Uh huh.
Which study was this? Cite your source….

….and by the way, I hate to break it to you “Mr. Covid expert”, but science always changes and evolves….

SlickAg

pilot
You continue to divert by talking about natural immunity and it wasn’t even part of the original question. The discussion was about Ivermectin.

Which study was this? Cite your source….

….and by the way, I hate to break it to you “Mr. Covid expert”, but science always changes and evolves….
It’s not diverting at all. I used the “scientific” community’s complete disregard for natural immunity as an example of how politically driven vaccines and the ensuing mandates have become. Besides, who cares if I bring up natural immunity? It’s a very relevant topic in regards to covid. If you don’t like what I’m saying, block me or don’t respond.

Man, you’re more right than you’ll ever know. The science certainly HAS changed. And in less than four months! So in order to keep up with the changing science, we’re going back to the tactics in 2020 that didn’t work? Remember when the CDC Director went on national television in April and said this: “Our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don’t get sick,” Walensky told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Monday. “And that it’s not just in the clinical trials, it’s also in real-world data.”

Do you really think that such an esteemed medical professional and scientist would just say something like that without the facts and data to back it up?

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot

Masks absolutely DO work! That’s why Japan is seeing such low case counts right now with 97% compliance!

So just to be clear, masks work at stopping the spread or preventing severe illness...I’m always getting that confused with vaccines...

Hair Warrior

Contributor
It's important to understand what the CDC is, and what it isn't.

What it is: a federal executive branch entity charged with making national public health recommendations to federally elected officials.

They aren't a neutral party in any scientific debate, and they aren't concerned with any particular individual's health. When there is conflicting research, such as the efficacy of masks, they will err on the side of conservatism because that is consistent with their mission statement.
I don’t understand why so many govt officials, citizens, and news media are hard-set on letting the CDC dictate how our entire country runs, including whether or not people should be allowed to attend church or school, or keep their business open. The country is more than it’s health status - it’s also an economy and a society. You wouldn’t let the Army’s artillery career field make all decisions for the entire Dept of Defense, and yet that’s what we’re doing if we let the CDC make sweeping decisions that profoundly affect small businesses, commerce, public schools, national security, societal freedoms like assembly and religion that apparently have fallen off the Constitution (unless you are protesting against the police), etc. Doesn’t anyone realize you have to balance the health interest against other interests?

Last edited: