• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Surprised I haven’t seen this USNI op-ed by HSC-22’s Skipper. posted yet.

Personally, I believe that HPCON-C should be used sparingly, like, say, GQ on a boat. Set it when you have to, but then relax it as soon as conditions warrant.

You obviously haven’t been watching the Fauci team. You should be at Delta, and not allowed off base in any circumstance because you post a threat to national security by not being 100% vaccinated.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Enjoyed a COVID brief from a senior AF flight surgeon - it was interesting.

• 45% + of COVID long haulers are seeing complete relief of symptoms after getting vaccinated. These are people that were crippled by the virus and had hard core lingering symptoms.
  • He recounted a number of stories of folks in flying status that went hard down as result of contracting COVID - losing cardiac and respiratory strength (30 year old's that were healthy but now can't walk more than 5-10 minutes without exhaustion - similar to a 60 year old with COPD) Regaining flight status is dependent on weaning from the pulmonary and cardiac meds. So much of this virus is still not understood.
  • RNA Spike Proteins vaccines are "pure fucking magic" and will go down as miracles in their own right - will likely go down as one of the greatest scientific discoveries in the last 50 years. Will be a pathway to curing HIV and many cancers - first I had heard of this.
  • Cloth masks are pure show/theatre and about compliance and not health and safety. Good data on disposable paper blue surgical masks and N95's. But mask mandates on airplanes are theatre as are outdoor mandates - he quoted LA area beaches that are currently criminalizing mask non compliance outdoors with $350 fines. "Senseless"
  • Being fat is a big of a risk factor as much as anything.
  • DoD will mandate Pfizer and Moderna and likely booster as soon as EUA is removed and replaced with certification - that will be end of pre-deployment quarantine. The vaccines have really good results with variants too.
  • There is still a large gap between politicization, mask mandates and science.
So this is just anecdotal - but good info I thought. YMMV. Just typing this from my notes.

The other non COVID anecdote that I learned from this discussion - only 1 in 4 American young people between ages 18-24 are fit for military service - physically, socially, morally, emotionally - lacking basic ascension criteria for mil service.

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
Not sure how MCPON can go to a restaurant in Newport, if no one stationed in Newport can go to a restaurant...

Classic case of rules for thee but not for me...

From the article posted earlier:

“The Page 13 FRAGO applies to “all CONUS-based Echelon II commands, numbered fleet commands, type commands, region commands, and their subordinates.” Notably, it applies equally to sailors on sea duty and shore duty, and it does not apply to the OpNav Staff, Joint Staff, or sailors serving with other services (which have all continued to function without similar individual restrictions).6 This arbitrary application of restrictions yields some absurd outcomes, such as when officers are suddenly permitted to go to the beach when they transfer from a Navy billet to a joint billet on the same base.”

SlickAg

pilot
View attachment 30668
“Pausing” the J&J vaccine seems to have had a profound impact. Where’s that meme of the guy putting a stick in the spokes of his own bike?
No crisis, no power. No power, no control. No control...same reason why we saw so few fully vaccinated, socially distanced, and masked members of Congress in person at the President’s address. I don’t see how any reasonable person can at this point think their actual intent is to end the current state of affairs as quickly as possible.

So that graph seems to be fully in line with the plan.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I'm not a conspiracy theorist - but I see a move among the left to use masking and distancing as a vehicle to drive social change regardless of the science and vaccination situation. I have relatives who I love dearly on either coasts who have more or less told me the masking and distancing thing needs to stay in place more or less permanently - to identify those with social virtue (social credit score anyone?) and those without - and use cancel culture as the stick. I don't want to believe this is actually happening but it seems to be leaning that way.

SlickAg

pilot
But paradoxically, suicides we’re down last year. Go figure.
But paradoxically, suicides we’re down last year. Go figure.
Not in all age groups...

What a horrendous and unnecessary waste of young life. And throw in the THREE MILLION children who have gone missing from the system due to covid.

As a nation, we failed our children.

taxi1

pilot
I'm driving cross country this week, and me and my old bladder are doing a check of interstate rest area and truck stop mask compliance. Every single place had a big sign mandating masks. Compliance was 25-75%. A mix of screw the mask, half-ass it under the nose, or actually wearing. Kansas and West Virginia are closer to 25 than 75. So much for mandates.

My favorite is the quick stop in Hiawatha, KS. Guy making subs is wearing his mask around the chin, breathing away on everyone’s food he is prepping.I asked him if I had to wear a mask in the store, and said in theory yes, but no one did. Except for the fat lady who came while I was there, and an older couple. I asked him if he was vaccinated, and he said no way, he’s young and healthy (and fat).

I asked him if he flew Harriers. ;)

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'm driving cross country this week, and me and my old bladder are doing a check of interstate rest area and truck stop mask compliance. Every single place had a big sign mandating masks. Compliance was 25-75%. A mix of screw the mask, half-ass it under the nose, or actually wearing. Kansas and West Virginia are closer to 25 than 75. So much for mandates.

My favorite is the quick stop in Hiawatha, KS. Guy making subs is wearing his mask around the chin, breathing away on everyone’s food he is prepping.I asked him if I had to wear a mask in the store, and said in theory yes, but no one did. Except for the fat lady who came while I was there, and an older couple. I asked him if he was vaccinated, and he said no way, he’s young and healthy (and fat).

I’m not fat. Sorry that you and all those people will die though. That must have been scary.

robav8r

None
Contributor

Mandate = i'm not sure that word means what you think it means . . .