• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Here’s a military policy anecdote. I attended a gathering (permitted by regulations) with pretty much every officer in my unit. Two days later, one guy (fully vaccinated) tested positive on a random test. I’m currently on orders, and since I’m not vaccinated, I now have to “ROM” and save some gas money by staying home. The other officers that are vaccinated still are expected to go in because they’re not showing symptoms. When I asked why fully vaxxed and no symptoms don’t need a test, why are we testing someone who is fully vaxxed and showing no symptoms to begin with? Shoulder shrug.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Here’s a military policy anecdote. I attended a gathering (permitted by regulations) with pretty much every officer in my unit. Two days later, one guy (fully vaccinated) tested positive on a random test. I’m currently on orders, and since I’m not vaccinated, I now have to “ROM” and save some gas money by staying home. The other officers that are vaccinated still are expected to go in because they’re not showing symptoms. When I asked why fully vaxxed and no symptoms don’t need a test, why are we testing someone who is fully vaxxed and showing no symptoms to begin with? Shoulder shrug.

I believe a TYFYS is in order here

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I believe a TYFYS is in order here
It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it. (From home)

All the active duty guys are vaccinated but the dirty reservist gets time at home for being exposed to scaryvirus. Those poor bastards have been unable to eat out, socialize, travel, or generally be normal this whole time. Finally a relatively normal party and a pointless random test turns up a false positive and derails the unit for days. Meanwhile they get to see reservists come and go and relate to them tales of the outside world that is actually quite normal despite the scourge of scaryvirus.

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
Sounds like that’s going to be the CDC’s policy soon. Of course, the Navy will lag behind in its futile quest to win the virtue signaling war.

SlickAg

pilot
I'm driving cross country this week, and me and my old bladder are doing a check of interstate rest area and truck stop mask compliance. Every single place had a big sign mandating masks. Compliance was 25-75%. A mix of screw the mask, half-ass it under the nose, or actually wearing. Kansas and West Virginia are closer to 25 than 75. So much for mandates.

My favorite is the quick stop in Hiawatha, KS. Guy making subs is wearing his mask around the chin, breathing away on everyone’s food he is prepping.I asked him if I had to wear a mask in the store, and said in theory yes, but no one did. Except for the fat lady who came while I was there, and an older couple. I asked him if he was vaccinated, and he said no way, he’s young and healthy (and fat).

I asked him if he flew Harriers. ;)
I hope you made it to this event in Georgia. These fully vaccinated leaders are still wearing masks outside, despite the CDC’s recommendations which the President himself just announced. I’m sure it would’ve been much safer than wherever you were.

taxi1

pilot
I hope you made it to this event in Georgia.
I'll guy it on there way home. I'm just wandering the country.

Since Sir Isaac Numbnuts, the Einstein of Hiawatha, KS, was basically an asymptomatic infection away from making covid-19 hoagies for lots of east-west travelers, I'm sure you're right.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'll guy it on there way home. I'm just wandering the country.

Since Sir Isaac Numbnuts, the Einstein of Hiawatha, KS, was basically an asymptomatic infection away from making covid-19 hoagies for lots of east-west travelers, I'm sure you're right.
Kansas like Texas is slightly below the national average deaths per capita. Not well above like Pennsylvania. Also I’m sure you know that breathing on hoagies isn’t how the virus is transmitted. I’m sure you know that because science.

taxi1

pilot
Your entire life people have prepared food for you without a face diaper on. Now it’s disgusting? Fix your brain.
If I knew a guy had covid, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say, " hey can you take your mask off while you're making my sub?"

Treetop Flyer

pilot
If I knew a guy had covid, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say, " hey can you take your mask off while you're making my sub?"
There are 6,000 active cases in Kansas out of just under 3,000,000 people. I’ll let you figure the odds. And you’re vaccinated. I’m glad you’re venturing out in the world though. Life goes on and scaryvirus isn’t something you need to obsess over.

taxi1

pilot
There are 6,000 active cases in Kansas out of just under 3,000,000 people. I’ll let you figure the odds. And you’re vaccinated.
Indeed

I'm conducting a tour of all of the kansas state bars for mask compliance as I type (manhattan kansas). So far all of the employees have been vaccinated as hospitality workers (except one guy who had covid last month) and they are all wearing masks. Team players.

Manhattan Brewing Company is alright. Bartender is just out of the Army. Any K State alumni out there?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Indeed

I'm conducting a tour of all of the kansas state bars for mask compliance as I type (manhattan kansas). So far all of the employees have been vaccinated as hospitality workers (except one guy who had covid last month) and they are all wearing masks. Team players.

Manhattan Brewing Company is alright. Bartender is just out of the Army. Any K State alumni out there?
Why are you at a bar? Don’t you know there are scary variants? I expected more responsibility from you.