• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

taxi1

pilot
Why are you at a bar? Don’t you know there are scary variants? I expected more responsibility from you.
I am vaccinated and therefore impervious.

All of the guys working at the bars had the same sentiment. Relaxing to know you’re now a bystander to the Covid show.

Hey, I got you this t-shirt, as you note, there are 3,000,000 kansans, surely there must be at least one. The odds...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Indeed

I'm conducting a tour of all of the kansas state bars for mask compliance as I type (manhattan kansas). So far all of the employees have been vaccinated as hospitality workers (except one guy who had covid last month) and they are all wearing masks. Team players.

Manhattan Brewing Company is alright. Bartender is just out of the Army. Any K State alumni out there?

Welcome to Kansas! We haven’t had a state-wide mandate in a couple of months. It’s up to individuals and businesses to make their own decisions here. (The horror!) yet deaths have lagged the national average this whole time. Interestingly, we’re slightly ahead of the national average for vaccines too.

What took you to Manhattan? Doing something at Ft Riley?

taxi1

pilot
Welcome to Kansas! We haven’t had a state-wide mandate in a couple of months. It’s up to individuals and businesses to make their own decisions here. (The horror!) yet deaths have lagged the national average this whole time. Interestingly, we’re slightly ahead of the national average for vaccines too.

What took you to Manhattan? Doing something at Ft Riley?
Just an overnight stop on the way across. I got here early, so I could take a long gravel bike ride in the area (dreams of riding the Dirty Kanza). It was excellent, beautiful country. But the road designers need to learn about contouring. ?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Just an overnight stop on the way across. I got here early, so I could take a long gravel bike ride in the area (dreams of riding the Dirty Kanza). It was excellent, beautiful country. But the road designers need to learn about contouring. ?

Yeah, the Flint Hills are beautiful. Also think it threw the Kansas traffic engineers for a loop- "Why is the land going up and down?". Turns out, there ARE hills in KS. ;)

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I had this conversation with the CO of an aircraft carrier. The literal reason why they can’t do anything about easing liberty restrictions for vaccinated individuals is what I just said - you can’t tie liberty status to medical status. It’s illegal. Not to mention probably unethical. The ball is in the JAGs’ court, and they’re the ones advising to keep the FRAGORD in place.
Did SECNAV sign an illegal order today?

SlickAg

pilot
Did SECNAV sign an illegal order today?
To which order are you referring?

Also, someone in his position wouldn’t do anything unless his legal advisors say something is legal.

So I don’t know exactly what you’re getting at, but if this is what I think it might be, how come we haven’t been doing this thing from the very beginning?

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
The one that says immunized sailors and marines may not be subject to restrictions any higher than HPCON B, regardless of installation HPCON level.
Link?

Edit: if it took that article for this to happen, why weren’t we doing this from the beginning? And sure it rhymes with a show about a former Navy fighter pilot turned Navy lawyer. Same guy produced Magnum, PI if that tips the scale at all.

Last edited: