• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Schools...
You clearly feel very strongly about this topic. You probably would get more productive headway toward changing policy by trying to organize your local community to be heard by your state officials instead of post-bombing airwarriors.com. They're the ones by-and-large making the decisions about schools and in-person learning, it's not even at the district level in most places in the country.

SlickAg

pilot
You clearly feel very strongly about this topic. You probably would get more productive headway toward changing policy by trying to organize your local community to be heard by your state officials instead of post-bombing airwarriors.com. They're the ones by-and-large making the decisions about schools and in-person learning, it's not even at the district level in most places in the country.
My kids are back in-person. Thanks for helping prove my point though about it being purely political.

What I feel most strongly about is the fact that someone feels like they can legitimately argue that because their kids are doing fine there's no long-term damage being done to our nation's most precious resource: school kids.

As far as what you feel constitutes post-bombing...I'm not sure why someone with over 3,000 posts feels the need to lecture someone with half the number of posts as him. But I appreciate your attempts to muzzle me. Spoiler alert: it's not going to work.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
My sarcasm meter may be broken but...

I have five family members who are all teachers, covering gamut from elementary to high school, and they all say that running a virtual class with normal school hours is exponentially more difficult than having a traditional in-person school day.
My sister-in-law is a teacher. She is teaching in-person in the classroom. Her district has teachers advocating for virtual as "safer". My SIL says those advocating are mostly the lazy not so good teachers. She says all the good ones want to be in the classroom as it is more effective and better for the students.

She also says that not a single teacher in her district has contacted COVID from a student. There have been exposures but not one has actually gotten the virus.

exNavyOffRec

Who said they weren't getting the job done? They are for my kids. It certainly isn't ideal but it is school.
Maybe it isn't the teachers so much as it is your kids that are able to get it done, my 2 in college for last quarter between them ended up with 4 - A's, 1 - A minus, and 1 - B plus

exNavyOffRec

Ok Flash, if you say so

There was an interview on the radio with the Washington superintendent of schools and he acknowledged there is a significant jump in D's and F's this year in schools in this state from the data they rec'd a few weeks ago, last year they changed all D's and F's to C's, this year they are not going to do that, and coincidentally just a few days later the governor said we need to find a way to reopen schools.

A teacher union president several months ago made a comment that if everyone is falling behind than no one is really falling behind because they are still at the same level.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, a rhetorical question game! Can I play?

Have you ruled out the possibility of lab editing?

Have you found any evidence of lab editing?

Do you have proof that the virus originated 100% naturally, including its furin site spike protein, from the wet market in Wuhan?

Do you have any proof that the virus originated anywhere but the wet market in Wuhan, hopefully including a large number of random pieces of paper and post it notes plastered at random on a wall and connected by string showing its path from origin to full blown pandemic?

BigRed389

None
Oh, a rhetorical question game! Can I play?

Have you found any evidence of lab editing?

Do you have any proof that the virus originated anywhere but the wet market in Wuhan, hopefully including a large number of random pieces of paper and post it notes plastered at random on a wall and connected by string showing its path from origin to full blown pandemic?

Oddly enough, the same principles that allow one to believe in the existence of UFOs (enough monkeys, typewriters, time) should allow one to believe in coincidental naturally occurring mutations in replicating viruses.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Oddly enough, the same principles that allow one to believe in the existence of UFOs (enough monkeys, typewriters, time) should allow one to believe in coincidental naturally occurring mutations in replicating viruses.
I’m comfortable that the truth is on my side, which is, we still cannot rule out that it wasn’t an accidental leak from the nearby BSL4 lab in Wuhan that we know for an absolute fact stored and studied bat coronaviruses.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I’m comfortable that the truth is on my side,

And that's the problem. You have picked sides. Finding the origins of the virus is not a team sport. By picking sides, you are now trying to find justification for your beliefs. That's not how you learn.

I truly hope that you don't have the same attitude at your job.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
And that's the problem. You have picked sides. Finding the origins of the virus is not a team sport. By picking sides, you are now trying to find justification for your beliefs. That's not how you learn.

I truly hope that you don't have the same attitude at your job.
You’ve misconstrued and misquoted me. The truth is, we don’t have proof either way. And therefore, you can’t rule it out. And therefore, it’s still a possibility. I’m not saying I have proof. I’m saying it’s a possibility. Any more condescending pointers you want to post while misquoting me?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
There was an interview on the radio with the Washington superintendent of schools and he acknowledged there is a significant jump in D's and F's this year in schools in this state from the data they rec'd a few weeks ago, last year they changed all D's and F's to C's, this year they are not going to do that, and coincidentally just a few days later the governor said we need to find a way to reopen schools.

A teacher union president several months ago made a comment that if everyone is falling behind than no one is really falling behind because they are still at the same level.
There seems to be a movement for equality in education that focuses on dragging down the top performers rather than lifting up the bottom

SlickAg

pilot
There seems to be a movement for equality in education that focuses on dragging down the top performers rather than lifting up the bottom
Great Reset bruh.

And for all of the coronabros who think the Great Reset is nothing but Fox News and GOP talking points, check out the link below the Forbes article from which I quoted.

"COVID-19 lockdowns may be gradually easing, but anxiety about the world’s social and economic prospects is only intensifying. There is good reason to worry: A sharp economic downturn has already begun, and we could be facing the worst depression since the 1930s. But, while this outcome is likely, it is not unavoidable.

To achieve a better outcome, the world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed."