• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Mirage

pilot
I don't think this was the response @Mirage was hoping for. :D
Get a grip. His explanation was exactly what I interpreted from his original post and relayed in mine. Wasn't hard, you just have to read what he said without searching for something to nit pick like an adolescent would. You'll get there!

What's funny to me is, once again, you've completely ignored both of our points to instead make some snide remark that's completely irrelevant and personal.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get a grip. His explanation was exactly what I interpreted from his original post and relayed in mine. Wasn't hard, you just have to read what he said without searching for something to nit pick like an adolescent would. You'll get there!

What's funny to me is, once again, you've completely ignored both of our points to instead make some snide remark that's completely irrelevant and personal.
You seem agitated. I recommend mindful meditation. It can really help a lot.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder how many people who are critical of Joe Rogan have actually listened to multiple podcasts from start to finish.

Dude comes across as open minded and just wants to know the truth.
I used to listen to him a few years ago when he had an interesting guest on. I'm not critical of him, per se, except that he doesn't seem particularly bright, which I presume is why he latches on to so many hare-brained ideas. I don't think he means any harm. He's just a dumb guy who doesn't know any better. Chalk it up to a combination of being punch-drunk, and perpetually stoned. I had friends in high school who were chronic pot smokers. Rogan reminds me of them.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I used to listen to him a few years ago when he had an interesting guest on. I'm not critical of him, per se, except that he doesn't seem particularly bright, which I presume is why he latches on to so many hare-brained ideas. I don't think he means any harm. He's just a dumb guy who doesn't know any better. Chalk it up to a combination of being punch-drunk, and perpetually stoned. I had friends in high school who were chronic pot smokers. Rogan reminds me of them.

I agree with all that except I don’t know if I would call him flat out dumb.

Dude probably isn’t going to be designing space ships soon but I think he has some accurate thoughts on cultural issues, specifically the benefits and importance of long-form conversations vs traditional TV dialogue. Not that TV dialogue was ever enlightening.

I listen to pretty much every episode and take things at face value - a bro having a conversation with an interesting person, not a science experiment. I don’t know why people can’t chill out and do the same, or just ignore him.

exNavyOffRec

I really didn't remember who Joe Rogan was, name sounded familiar but not enough to look him up until the post here made me a bit more interested. I looked him up and listened briefly to 3 videos of him with guest and it seemed all the same to me in that it all centers on conspiracy and distrust of anything. I had to stop listening it was just irritating.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
He asks questions of guests that your average viewer/American probably wants to ask. It is a pretty simple formula for viewership. I enjoyed his 2 hr with Tulsi Gabbard. It isn't rocket science or mind altering stuff, but he makes an entertaining show.

Also I am very happy with paid Spotify. Got me through lots of SDOs underway with the 30 day on silent policy.....just rehack in port (when <30days between port calls was still a thing). The outrage isn't moving my needle.......

taxi1

pilot
Also I am very happy with paid Spotify.
My two older kids have it and are like, ‘Dad, get with the program. Buying music is so last week.”

But I still buy music, from bandcamp where possible because they send more $$$ to the artists.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have never listened to a Rogan podcast. Met him at the airport once.
Know his old TV work. Think every one of his podcasts I have come across is 1.5 hrs plus. Unless I am on a road trip I don't have time for that. Even then, my go to these days are old time radio crime dramas. Gang Busters, Johnny Dollar, Dragnet, Sam Spade, etc. I am just not interested in highly opinionated shows, TV, radio or streaming.

taxi1

pilot
Spotify CEO: "Based on the feedback over the last several weeks, it's become clear to me that we have an obligation to do more to provide balance and access to widely-accepted information from the medical and scientific communities guiding us through this unprecedented time."

So the gentle nudge was effective, it appears.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Spotify CEO: "Based on the feedback over the last several weeks, it's become clear to me that we have an obligation to do more to provide balance and access to widely-accepted information from the medical and scientific communities guiding us through this unprecedented time."

So the gentle nudge was effective, it appears.
Except as I see it, having never heard a word from him on COVID, Rogan would be the party providing balance, and his guests, albeit in the minority, do come from the medical and scientific communities. If everyone with marginal ideas and alternate ways is silenced ( not what Spotify is doing here but generally the wish of critics of ideas they don't approve of ) than balance is unobtainable and clarifying debate is impossible. The answer to idiotic speech is open debate. Discredit and destroy stupid harmful speech with free speech. Do not make martyrs of the purveyors by shouting them down and leaving their ideas on the table.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Balance is in the eye of the beholder. At some point, alternative thinking becomes bad or dangerous ideas.

taxi1

pilot
Except as I see it, having never heard a word from him on COVID, Rogan would be the party providing balance, and his guests, albeit in the minority, do come from the medical and scientific communities. If everyone with marginal ideas and alternate ways is silenced ( not what Spotify is doing here but generally the wish of critics of ideas they don't approve of ) than balance is unobtainable and clarifying debate is impossible. The answer to idiotic speech is open debate. Discredit and destroy stupid harmful speech with free speech. Do not make martyrs of the purveyors by shouting them down and leaving their ideas on the table.
I in general agree with you, and I didn't actually listen to Rogan's podcast so I'd be commenting from ignorance. I don't think he's an Alex Jones, I've just heard good stuff mostly.

270 health professionals thought it was worth voicing their opinion. He should have a couple of them on.

You can't beat the publicity this has brought him.

GroundPounder

Have never listened to a Rogan podcast. Met him at the airport once.
Know his old TV work. Think every one of his podcasts I have come across is 1.5 hrs plus. Unless I am on a road trip I don't have time for that. Even then, my go to these days are old time radio crime dramas. Gang Busters, Johnny Dollar, Dragnet, Sam Spade, etc. I am just not interested in highly opinionated shows, TV, radio or streaming.
I am sure you already have it, but Sirius XM has a radio classic channel with all of those and more. I am way to young to like that stuff, but I do.

Were you in Griffin over the weekend? I noticed that there was quite a bit going on with the AAHF folks there.