• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

exNavyOffRec

Apparently Dr. Faucci pimped this website out the other day as good data for US curve predictions.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/

I have been looking at that for the past week, projected numbers are fairly accurate, the average projections have run a bit on the high side compared to actual results, but not enough to say it isn't a good website, it is probably the best one I have seen for COVID projections.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Correct.

You have got to be shitting me. Google on 1918 pandemic. This isn't even a new thing.

Plans?
The country, world and economy didn’t shut down. They were fighting WW1. This is different.

Go ahead and read that whole plan and it’s supporting documents. Let me know if it includes everything. Oh, and while you’re at it, continue running the rest of the country. After all, you’ve been in command multiple times and have leadership all figured out.

CWO_change

This is a horrible look for Navy leadership, even if the facts are they were completely justified. Message to the Fleet and unit COs is...an interesting one.

The public won't support it, but the military shouldn't concern itself with that, IMO. That's an issue for the politicians.

As for the now ex-CO, I applaud him for sending the letter and for the letter being leaked (many are not convinced that Big Navy/DOD would have moved as quickly as they did otherwise, though if I suggested that plans were not being made I would be disingenuous and, indeed, the Acting SECNAV says that plans to evacuate most of the Sailors off of the ship were already being worked on before the letter was sent), but I also support the Navy's decision here. The CO took actions that he took because he truly cared for his Sailors, but its tough to support someone serving in a senior military leadership position who goes outside his CoC; that could be dangerous. Per the Acting SECNAV, the CSG Commander wasn't even aware of the letter until it was sent and the CAPT acted as he did despite the Acting SECNAV's COS telling the CAPT that he had a direct line to the SECNAV. And the letter was sent over unclassified channels and to people outside of the CoC at that. This tells me that the CAPT wanted the letter to be leaked.

Btw, I just listened to the Acting SECNAV's address on the matter. I thought it to be spot on. He expressly made clear that the CAPT was "absolutely correct in raising" the concerns that he did. Its how he did what he did that was the problem.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24525

In 1918 in the world was obviously not as connected as it is right now.
While social media can be stupidly ridiculous at times, other times it ensures another method of accountability and transparency with government-many of your have expressed this indirectly with claims of distrust for the main stream media.

have we changed? Grown softer? Probably. But I also think we have a way to instantly hold government accountable today that they didn’t have back then. (It can also be a bad thing-everyone was bitching about the CARES Act and finger pointing on both sides, it ended up in a unanimous vote...point being stop reacting and let shit play out). Other point being-more towards Taxi-1918 is irrelevant. We’re in a different world, with different capabilities, different tolerances, and different rules.

We know things, almost in real time, that took months to learn in 1918. It CAN be good, but it also has created the mindset that we “MUST ACT NOW” and everything is “breaking news”. Sometimes we just need to take a step back and look at the forest instead of the trees.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wareal

Contributor
Being ready for a pandemic is up there with being ready for a full-on war. There ought to have been a "greenie" board of key items of readiness that gets touched on, on a regular basis by senior leadership. If you took over the top job as CO/Director, what would your first actions be in getting the lay of the land? Its not like folks didn't know ventilators weren't important, that's why there was a contract.

Why were 2,000 bad ones even shipped in the first place? How much time was wasted sending them and receiving them?

It was an "own goal", and they deserve the bad press they get.

This is worth watching. Doctor speaking the truth.

Surprising and ironic that FOX picked up Dr. Desai before any of the "main stream media", except for CNBC's Squawk Box (Comcast) on 3/25:
He explains his professional respect for Dr. Fauci (and by association Dr. Birx). The relevant point is that FOX actually had him on (NOT whether he will be on again). I doubt they were unaware of his position. It disgusting that the pandemic is politicized from any quarter. When I was a kid we had green stamps, and Presidents posited: "Ask not what your country can do for you,...". Not sure if I qualify for the funny money from the gubmint (my wife doesn't). If I get a check, I'll either donate it to The Wingman Foundation or set up a savings account for my first grandchild due next month.

Unfortunately, the good doctor now has COVID19. Stream of consciousness...