• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
What’s your thoughts?
Specifically on this one- maybe it's legit, maybe it's not.

Generally, even though social media generates a lot of noise, I'm glad for it because it also keeps the traditional media on their toes. Sometimes that noise is the sound of the mainstream media getting called out.

SlickAg

pilot
I'm sure you correctly anticipated every possible scenario of anything that could possibly go wrong and the appropriate fixes in place long before the issue was even known to be a problem.
And then when he didn’t, since that’s impossible, not only did he immediately tender his resignation letter due to his failure(s), he included his list of failures in block 41 of his fitrep. Since he was IN COMMAND. And nothing else matters.

taxi1

pilot
Three years is longer than any tour I had. At what point in the tour does the CO own the unit and take responsibility for it? How long does he get to fix the last guy's problems?

If I got an in-brief on pandemic response, as did this group, and I then modified the pandemic response organization, as this group did in the NSC, when do I own the response?

SlickAg

pilot
Three years is longer than any tour I had. At what point in the tour does the CO own the unit and take responsibility for it? How long does he get to fix the last guy's problems?

If I got an in-brief on pandemic response, as did this group, and I then modified the pandemic response organization, as this group did in the NSC, when do I own the response?
I haven’t held multiple commands, so I’m not qualified to answer those questions.

Pags

N/A
pilot
On a less contentious note, its good that ships have lots of brass. Copper and its alloys are anti-microbial, to include anti-viral. Big, proven science behind it. We are using it on PPE now to help with sterilization.

Considering covering our stainless door handles with copper wire wrap. Ships could do similar.

Open literature.

There's a reason that lots of push plates and handles on doors, banisters, etc used to be brass. Looks was only part of it.

robav8r

None
Contributor
. . . and I then modified the pandemic response organization.
There is some intellectual honesty here, thank you for that. The drivel coming from the MSM has been TRUMP DISBANDED THE PANDEMIC RESPONSE UNIT !!!!!!! According to him and his administration, the NSC staff had become bloated with excess personnel and he tried to combine functions and personnel. Good job on him for trying to garner some efficiencies.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Sounds like you are making excuses for your leadership failure. You were in command and own it from day one. You're responsible from day one.

When is a situation never before seen or imaged expected to have a perfectly craft response already crafted? Who is to say that the modifications did not improve the response that occurred? Maybe trimming the bloat did increase efficiency and the response although flawed in some areas wasn't improved overall? We will never know because the "old" NSC didn't get to respond to this crisis.

Your first paragraph contradicts your second. In the first you make a case for a CO not being 100% responsible then in the second you imply he is.

This scenario is so new and unheard of that anyone's response would have some flaws and misfires. But overall, while far from perfect, Trump is leading an effective response. 60% of the population think so too despite the anti-Trump fake news rhetoric being spewed by MSNBC, CNN, NYT, etc.

taxi1

pilot