• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot

January 14th 2020: China gets the WHO to spread their lie that there’s no evidence of human transmission.

A week later,

“On January 21, it was reported that China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences filed a patent for commercial use of remdesivir in China.”

Mirage

pilot
Hopefully, the Biden admin will respond to the Q-Anon congresswoman on her designated deadline of June 31st.

Do the hairs on anyone's neck in this thread perk up when your Fauci posts are being championed by MTG? I guess he's the new boogeyman...

I hear she also believes in gravity, so perhaps you should disagree with that as well.

What you're suggesting is one of the major issues in politics today. The vast majority of politicians, news outlets, and people will disagree with issues just because someone they despise is in favor of those issues. Regardless of the facts. That's why the Wuhan Lab leak theory was called a conspiracy theory for so long in the first place, but now even Biden has said it needs to be investigated.

But you and no doubt most everyone else have not learned their lesson I'm sure.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Hopefully, the Biden admin will respond to the Q-Anon congresswoman on her designated deadline of June 31st.

Do the hairs on anyone's neck in this thread perk up when your Fauci posts are being championed by MTG? I guess he's the new boogeyman...

Are you not concerned with the overwhelming evidence piling up that the virus is from a Chinese lab? Seems like a pretty significant bit of information. We went to war and nuked Japan because they attacked Pearl Harbor and killed 2,335. Millions have died worldwide and trillions in damages from a man made virus that was either released through negligence or deliberately.

We had our public health officials, most of the media, and big tech collude to suppress the lab origin of the virus, probably because they knew it might help an incumbent president they didn’t like. Does that not worry you?

Also, if you respond to this try to avoid using logical fallacies. If you can’t make a coherent argument without it, you don’t have an argument.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
...man made virus that was either released through negligence or deliberately.

I've wondered about this and, with only minimal education on the subject, I have a hard time believing China did this deliberately. It appeared they got caught flat-footed on reaction to the virus spread in-country. They certainly recovered pretty quick, but I think that has more to do with maintaining such a firm grip on the public and the bending will of the people to the government.

One of my wife's brothers lives and works over there, and it didn't sound like they were very well prepared. As orderly and disciplined as that society is, China strikes me as more than capable of negligence...on many fronts.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
China strikes me as more than capable of negligence...on many fronts.

Seems to be a common theme in the history of communist nations. Step 1) cover everything up, step 2) internally panic and only mitigate issue in ways that won't draw international attention to the fact that you have lost control of the problem, step 3) get found out and learn nothing from it

taxi1

pilot
That's why the Wuhan Lab leak theory was called a conspiracy theory for so long in the first place
It’s because it was first advocated by someone with less than zero credibility with a track record of promoting conspiracies.

But it sure looks like there’s a good chance the virus came out of a Chinese lab with half-assed controls and ongoing research that could brew up variants. Screw those guys.

Anybody else read The Stand?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I've wondered about this and, with only minimal education on the subject, I have a hard time believing China did this deliberately. It appeared they got caught flat-footed on reaction to the virus spread in-country. They certainly recovered pretty quick, but I think that has more to do with maintaining such a firm grip on the public and the bending will of the people to the government.

One of my wife's brothers lives and works over there, and it didn't sound like they were very well prepared. As orderly and disciplined as that society is, China strikes me as more than capable of negligence...on many fronts.
I think incompetence is the most likely answer as well

SlickAg

pilot
It’s because it was first advocated by someone with less than zero credibility with a track record of promoting conspiracies.
Donald Trump wasn’t the only person who said it was a potential lab leak, as evidenced by the credible people who emailed Dr. Fauci with their concerns.

In my mind, the bigger problem here is that certain influential people, with the media running top cover for them, discredited this theory for no reason other than Orange Man bad.

And of course, they defend their actions just as you described above. It was okay, because it was Trump.

Do I think the lab leak was intentional? No. Was the coverup intentional? Pretty hard to not say no at this point in time. It’s certainly clear that governing bodies like the WHO and our team, if we ever get to send another one, will not be able to get to the bottom of this due to destroyed evidence and inability to speak freely with the Individuals concerned.

We got played like a fiddle.

P.S. does anyone feel like, at this point, given what we now know, that the media covered this matter fairly, objectively, and in a timely manner? And what about the rest of their coverage of this whole debacle? And if the answer is “no”, how much of it was influenced by their desire to get rid of Orange Man?

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot

But it sure looks like there’s a good chance the virus came out of a Chinese lab with half-assed controls and ongoing research that could brew up variants. Screw those guys.

First advocated? Maybe it just didn’t make sense that it came from a cave 900km away instead of the lab right there “studying” the exact same virus. Can’t let him be right though. Circle the wagons and get rid of orange man.

Mirage

pilot

There was plenty of evidence to be found at the time, a lot of which is just common sense (ie the outbreak happened in the same area as a place called the "Wuhan Institute of Virology"). It's obvious it was a lead worth investigating. But Trump mentioned it so all the investigative reporters out there just dismissed it and refused to follow any leads. Worse, they demonized anyone who didn't also dismiss it. Now, to top it off, you're defending them because "it was Trump so of course we assumed he was wrong". I don't know what sort of Prof you are, but I hope you don't judge the facts in papers based on who is telling you about them.

Now JTS would have us keep up the same dismissal of facts because they are being argued by MTG. Round and round we go.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
There was plenty of evidence to be found at the time, a lot of which is just common sense (ie the outbreak happened in the same area as a place called the "Wuhan Institute of Virology"). It's obvious it was a lead worth investigating. But Trump mentioned it so all the investigative reporters out there just dismissed it and refused to follow any leads. Worse, they demonized anyone who didn't also dismiss it. Now, to top it off, you're defending them because "it was Trump so of course we assumed he was wrong". I don't know what sort of Prof you are, but I hope you don't judge the facts in papers based on who is telling you about them.

Now JTS would have us keep up the same dismissal of facts because they are being argued by MTG. Round and round we go.

This whole conversation is dumb. Trump was saying his good friend Xi was handling the virus shit well into March of '20. Then, when his day-trading sensibilities were overwhelmed by the realities of 'scaryvirus', he shifted to throwing shit against the wall for domestic political gain.

I wasn’t saying there isn't any plausibility to the virus being leaked from a lab. Instead, this is a disingenuous effort to create a Fauci boogeyman.

The FOIA'ed emails were 'meh'.

It's all political bullshit. And MTG's letter is nothing but the theater that the Trump base craves.

I still want that report by June 31st though ?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
This whole conversation is dumb. Trump was saying his good friend Xi was handling the virus shit well into March of '20. Then, when his day-trading sensibilities were overwhelmed by the realities of 'scaryvirus', he shifted to throwing shit against the wall for domestic political gain.

I wasn’t saying there isn't any plausibility to the virus being leaked from a lab. Instead, this is a disingenuous effort to create a Fauci boogeyman.

It's all political bullshit. And MTG's letter is nothing but the theater that the Trump base craves.

Perhaps you should reconsider your sources of information. I’ve heard about what the fringe congresswoman said exactly twice, both from you. Frankly, obsessing over her isn’t a good look, just like people scrambling to spread the word about the latest stupid thing AOC said.

It’s also very telling and disappointing that even now all you really care about is getting Trump and people you consider Trump supporters. There’s much more important stuff out there.

Mirage

pilot

Trump and Xi are good friends? Disingenuous effort to create a Fauci boogeyman? All political bullshit? Yeesh. You either aren't paying attention, or you're the one making disingenuous comments.

Trump sanctioned and came down harder on China way before 2020, then he called it the Chinese virus from the get go. He stopped US participation in the WHO because it's clear they were not taking the lab leak idea seriously.

Fauci has been called out in this post since it's inception, and rightfully so as he's flip flopped and not followed the science throughout this pandemic. This is all just icing on the cake.

Is it mere political bullshit that Chinese negligence might have led to this whole catastrophe? Or that American actors played a huge part in a disinformation campaign during an election, about something that should absolutely have not been made a political football?

taxi1

pilot
In my mind, the bigger problem here is that certain influential people, with the media running top cover for them, discredited this theory for no reason other than Orange Man bad.
Reflexively believing that what comes out of his mouth is a lie has always been smart money. Al-ways. Obama birther? 2020 election? Etc.
It's obvious it was a lead worth investigating.
Indeed. If only he'd had a many many billions of dollars intelligence community to get to the bottom of it, directed by people he appointed.

When he said he had proof and people asked what it was, he said “I can’t tell you that. I’m not allowed to tell you that.” If only he'd had the authority to declassify information. If only.

It smacked of his standard tactic, "People are saying..." What people? What facts? Yeah right..
P.S. does anyone feel like, at this point, given what we now know, that the media covered this matter fairly, objectively, and in a timely manner?
Who filed the FOIA requests that got Dr. Fauci's emails posted? Didn't you link to a Vanity Fair article?

I'll say...the idea that millions died and the entire planet was disrupted because of carelessness and incompetence in a Chinese virus lab...holy #$%. I can understand why the Chinese, being the Chinese, are desperately trying to cover it up.

Their own vaccine they developed is half-assed, to boot. Variants are getting around it.