• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Today Science magazine goes on the record with criticism of the WHO COVID origin report. Science points to no clear support for either zoonotic spillover of COVID or accidental lab release. Yet they note the clearly unbalanced WHO report giving credence to the zoonotic theory, which of course led to the media narrative. How many times have we heard that accidental lab release was debunked or conspiracy theory nonsense? If it isn't clear we still know very little of SARS-CoV-2,the increasing number of studies, scientific advances and unbiased investigative reporting will prove the point in due time. Until then, is it too much to ask the media, NGOs, and government to step back and take a breath. The record so far is not in their favor. Same will be true for half the people here ;) .

jackjack

You’ve forgotten that vaccines only work in America. The science is different across the oceans.

That article is accurate enough.
“This is what I’ve tasked the medical experts with, is ensuring that we can know when an Australian is vaccinated here with their two doses, is able to travel overseas and return without having to go through hotel quarantine.”

“We recognise that if Australians want to be kept safe and secure, and given uncertainties that exist not just in the speed of the vaccine rollout but also the extent of its effectiveness to different variants of COVID .. we won’t be seeing borders flung open at the start of next year with great ease .. there’s even more uncertainty than existed a few months ago due to coronavirus variants."

I assume he is referring to the African and Indian variants and the AstraZeneca vacc. We don't have the vacc availability as the US. We have ordered Moderna as a booster for early 2022 and locally, as many nations are. We are working on a 2nd generation vacc. To have wider protection to the virus's current and potentially future variants

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Remember when Fauci said that servicemen that refuse the vaccine are “part of the problem” and should think of their “societal obligation”? I do.

I wonder how the hErOes at the NIAID FDA and CDC are doing with vaccinations?

Oops

Bonus points for that fully vaccinated socially distanced clown removing his useless face diaper to answer.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How's this for comment? Just because someone is an asshole they don't have to be an asshole.
That’s absolutely true....there’s still hope for you....?

I'm sure I'll be "moderated" shortly even though I did not call any specific person an asshole and just made a philosophical comment.
Your comment does not rise to the level of personal attack....maybe if you try again, you’ll achieve your goal.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I know I'm an asshole. And while I don't have to be an asshole, I usually enjoy being an asshole when it comes to interacting with certain people.

Your comment does not rise to the level of personal attack....maybe if you try again, you’ll achieve your goal.
A total lack of self-awareness is not a desirable trait. And it seems that I did indeed achieve my goal but comprehension is lacking in others.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Thanks for adding to this thread instead of just derailing with petty bullshit. I already said it but you’re doing some awesome moderating.

SlickAg

pilot
Remember when Fauci said that servicemen that refuse the vaccine are “part of the problem” and should think of their “societal obligation”? I do.

I wonder how the hErOes at the NIAID FDA and CDC are doing with vaccinations?

Oops

Bonus points for that fully vaccinated socially distanced clown removing his useless face diaper to answer.
“I’m going to have to rewire myself.”

Apolitical to the nth degree.

SlickAg

pilot
That article is accurate enough.
“This is what I’ve tasked the medical experts with, is ensuring that we can know when an Australian is vaccinated here with their two doses, is able to travel overseas and return without having to go through hotel quarantine.”

“We recognise that if Australians want to be kept safe and secure, and given uncertainties that exist not just in the speed of the vaccine rollout but also the extent of its effectiveness to different variants of COVID .. we won’t be seeing borders flung open at the start of next year with great ease .. there’s even more uncertainty than existed a few months ago due to coronavirus variants."

I assume he is referring to the African and Indian variants and the AstraZeneca vacc. We don't have the vacc availability as the US. We have ordered Moderna as a booster for early 2022 and locally, as many nations are. We are working on a 2nd generation vacc. To have wider protection to the virus's current and potentially future variants
This is why I don’t think the focus in the US needs to be on vaccinating those under 18. The focus needs to be on vaccinating high risk populations around the globe.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
“I’m going to have to rewire myself.”

Apolitical to the nth degree.
Either she's just making stuff up to fill airtime for her show or she needs to get a more diverse group of friends, from somewhere other than NYC or Cali. "Everyone without a mask is a covid denier who hasn't been vaccinated." Okeeeeee yep that's the only possibility.

jackjack

This is why I don’t think the focus in the US needs to be on vaccinating those under 18. The focus needs to be on vaccinating high risk populations around the globe.
The US has stood above most, with their ability to secure and roll out the vacc. That is the shining light on this whole fiasco. It would be nice if it wasn't a choice of either or and there is enough vacc for all. There are a lot of improvised nations out there that are going to need a lot of support. Or the mutations will breed up and come back and bite us on the arse. Already the vaccines are showing a different effectiveness to the various strains.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The US has stood above most, with their ability to secure and roll out the vacc. That is the shining light on this whole fiasco. It would be nice if it wasn't a choice of either or and there is enough vacc for all. There are a lot of improvised nations out there that are going to need a lot of support. Or the mutations will breed up and come back and bite us on the arse. Already the vaccines are showing a different effectiveness to the various strains.
We could do nothing at all and life would go on. I went to my favorite bar tonight and it was absolutely packed. Please do us all a favor and shut the fuck up about mutations. It’s utter bullshit. Feel free to stay hunkered down for a few more years though. Scaryvirus could have more sequels than mission impossible