• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
Yes, I can. The libtards and Sleepy Joe are getting WAY too much heat from their constituents. People (albeit a bit late), are waking up and actually paying attention.
Oh it’s 100% Science. Political Science.

I’m mainly curious to see if any members of Team Lockdown who used to post on this thread have come around on their views or at least beginning to perhaps question some of what they’ve previously been. Or if they’re just letting one guy be their (unelected?) spokesperson. I suspect it’s the latter but you never know.

taxi1

pilot
The vaccines have always worked magnificently. No new paper or study or was published, this was politically convenient timing.
The falling off the cliff of the uptake of the vaccine is the new data point. The vaccination campaign is concluding.
States without mask mandates have followed the same curves as those with them.
Masks don't work when they're in the pocket.

Hey, we are in agreement. Everyone who wants a vaccine has gotten one (almost, there's still a million a day getting distributed). The ones who don't want one aren't going to want one. You shouldn't have to wear a mask if you've been vaccinated. The ones who don't want the vaccine probably haven't been wearing them anyway, see the surges that have occurred. The ones who are in line to get the vax can stay safe by staying masked and avoiding folks for a few more weeks.

So let's move on to the end game.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Speaking of NPIs, this morning I had an entire hotel gym to myself. 15 pieces of equipment to choose from and no occupancy rules, just the old fashioned wipe down your mess when you're done.

Why isn't Dr. Fauci constantly beating up the importance of taking care of your basic health, making choices that affect your comorbidities so that your immune system can be strong, but instead dumbs it down to mask, mask, mask?

When I was at the gym, I did see a really fat lady park in a spot as close to the door as she could find but I'm sure that's not her fault, it's just her genes or her "body type." That kinda sums up a lot of the present situation, doesn't it?

I've been "doing my part" to take care of her health and her poor choices for a year, wearing my spit catcher like a good boy so I didn't cough or sneeze on the vulnerable people before the medical establishment got treatment figured out and developed vaccines. But now they have figured that stuff out. I also took care of my own health, like a good boy should.

Get your shots, don't get your shots, wear a space suit out in public to protect yourself (I've said it before that I'm okay with people who choose that), be a sloth or be a PT stud, I don't care.

We're not "all in this together," not anymore.

Last edited:

robav8r

None
Contributor
Everyone who wants a vaccine has gotten one (almost, there's still a million a day getting distributed).
One of the "interesting" things going on (DoD, USG agencies, etc) is the subtle pressure being put on employees to "get" the vaccine. Sure, it's not MANDATORY, and we all know the vaccine is still being administered under an EUA, but if you want to travel, go places that your job requires, you better be vaccinated. Not willing to play? Well, you better provide routine, negative COVID-19 tests within 48 to 72 hours of arriving at your travel destination, both ways.

taxi1

pilot
One of the "interesting" things going on (DoD, USG agencies, etc) is the subtle pressure being put on employees to "get" the vaccine. Sure, it's not MANDATORY, and we all know the vaccine is still being administered under an EUA, but if you want to travel, go places that your job requires, you better be vaccinated. Not willing to play? Well, you better provide routine, negative COVID-19 tests within 48 to 72 hours of arriving at your travel destination, both ways.
I expect the university to require them for in-person attendance, otherwise you'll have to mask up, or more likely leave. We already require other vaccines.

We had a discussion with a lawyer at our lab about what we can and can't ask. Bottom line is we can ask if someone is vaccinated, but can't ask why or why not (HIPPA). The plan is, if everyone in a meeting or laboratory is vaccinated then masks off. That one unvaccinated guy is going to be like a turd in the pool.

How many more shots in arms would we have if the CDC pushed this message 3 or 4 months ago?
Who knows, but they are readily available right now.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I expect the university to require them for in-person attendance, otherwise you'll have to mask up, or more likely leave. We already require other vaccines.

We had a discussion with a lawyer at our lab about what we can and can't ask. Bottom line is we can ask if someone is vaccinated, but can't ask why or why not (HIPPA). The plan is, if everyone in a meeting or laboratory is vaccinated then masks off. That one unvaccinated guy is going to be like a turd in the pool.

Can you ask for proof of vaccinated status?

taxi1

pilot
Can you ask for proof of vaccinated status?
Not sure what the deal is on that. I know the University has long required proof, for example, of MMR immunization. However they do that, I expect they'll do similar. Vax card?

The policy hasn't hit yet. It's coming.

number9

Contributor
You’ve forgotten that vaccines only work in America. The science is different across the oceans.

Vaccines aren't working in Australia because there are practically no vaccines to administer. Right now they are well under 3M doses administered nationwide, which is a very small fraction of the ~25M population. The borders are going to remain closed because the current government (the Liberal Party, which despite its name is a conservative party) has absolutely no idea what it's doing.

Australia proved that extremely tight lockdowns work -- less than 1000 people have died nationwide -- but if your approach is zero tolerance to outbreaks and you don't have a good plan to vaccinate, you are fucked in the long run.

Source: I am an Australian and my family is still over there.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Why would an unvaccinated person have to wear a mask if everyone around them is vaccinated? Doesn’t sound very scientific.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Something Fauci and the CDC steadfastly refused to acknowledge throughout: previously infected people have lasting durable immunity. We never needed to get to >80% vaccinations for herd immunity because somewhere between 30-50% of people already had it. We also could have helped ourselves along by prioritizing people who haven’t been infected instead of stubbornly insisting that previously infected people should get vaccinated anyway.

If there’s no reason for a vaccinated person to wear a mask (there never was) then there’s no reason for a previously infected person to wear one (and there never was).

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I get the impression if Fauci said you shouldn't step in dogshit, there'd a lot of folks who would carry it around bragging about it.

He's a smug piece of shit with thousands of aids deaths on his hand and literally hundreds of millions of dollars of blatantly unsuccessful efforts at controlling the aids epidemic. This doesn't even touch his involvement with the gain of function research conflict of interest in downplaying the lab leak hypothesis.

He's the personification of the unfireable government employee promoted past their point of useful consciousness. He's also a manipulative liar. Is it any wonder he has a credibility problem with huge swathes of the population?

robav8r

None
Contributor
I get the impression if Fauci said you shouldn't step in dogshit, there'd a lot of folks who would carry it around bragging about it.
When I watched Fauci completely discount, and disregard, on several news channels, the hazards of "peaceful protesting" that plagued the country last year, but was all-in on recommending people not go to church, baseball games, basically ANYTHING outside, I knew he was a complete fraud.