• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

taxi1

pilot
What's wrong with the science changing? Would you prefer to live in a world where doctors still practiced lobotomies and phrenology?
He cites a tweet showing the effective of vaccines, and then complains when they change policy based on the effectiveness of vaccines.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
He cites a tweet showing the effective of vaccines, and then complains when they change policy based on the effectiveness of vaccines.
I’ve been quite consistent on this issue. That was really weak even for you. The vaccines in use here work and our government spent months insinuating that they don’t work. I’m glad they’re coming around and admitting that the masks can and should come off, even if they’re late doing so and undermined the credibility of the vaccines until now.

SlickAg

pilot
I’ve been quite consistent on this issue. That was really weak even for you. The vaccines in use here work and our government spent months insinuating that they don’t work. I’m glad they’re coming around and admitting that the masks can and should come off, even if they’re late doing so and undermined the credibility of the vaccines until now.
You’ve forgotten that vaccines only work in America. The science is different across the oceans.

SlickAg

pilot
To deny that these changes are political at this point is ludicrous. See also: the AFT President now changing her mind about schools being open in the fall, California and New York lifting their mask mandates, no more masks inside, etc. Lockdown advocates are finally able to comprehend the damage they caused and now they’re scrambling because the midterms in 22 are looming larger. And for Gavin Newsom, his recall election is sooner.

And let’s not forget that this also changes the news cycle from inflation, pipeline crisis, Middle East, border crisis, etc. If you think the timing was coincidental there’s a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Your post was moderated, not censored, since you provided no content, context, or commentary. Take a moment to read (or re-read) the SOP to clarify policy.
How's this for comment? Just because someone is an asshole they don't have to be an asshole.

I'm sure I'll be "moderated" shortly even though I did not call any specific person an asshole and just made a philosophical comment.

SlickAg

pilot
Can anyone pleas explain the science behind today’s CDC announcement?

Two months ago Dr. Fauci told Senator Rand Paul that the reason everyone still needed to wear masks was because of the variants after the Senator called him out for continuing to wear two masks in public. The CDC Director tearfully said she had a feeling of impending doom about the current trajectory of the pandemic in the United States. It wasn’t safe for vaccinated people to not wear masks indoors, but now, six weeks later, it IS all of a sudden safe? Did a new paper get published? Are these two public health officials being questioned about what changed the trajectory to make it so safe to be unmasked in public when two months ago it would be contrary to the best interests of your fellow man? Is this JUST in America, or does it apply all over the world? If it’s because we’ve hit our herd immunity threshold, why isn’t that being said? Are we officially at the 80% goal that the goalpost was moved to? Also, two weeks ago the President said that wearing a mask while vaccinated was a patriotic duty. I’m assuming that is also no longer the case? I’ll also be curious to see if the SECDEF chooses to follow the CDC guidance or continue the mandate that they be worn at all times on military bases. His medical advisors should be following the same science as the CDC, right?

Last edited:

taxi1

pilot
See @treetop flyer’s cited tweet. Follow the data. The vaccines work magnificently.

If it’s because we’ve hit our herd immunity threshold, why isn’t that being said?
We haven’t, that’s why the unvaccinated still need to wear masks and follow NPIs.

All the lifting of recommended restrictions are for the fully vaccinated (two weeks after second shot). The rest should stay the course.

Python

pilot
Contributor
See @treetop flyer’s cited tweet. Follow the data. The vaccines work magnificently.

We haven’t, that’s why the unvaccinated still need to wear masks and follow NPIs.

All the lifting of recommended restrictions are for the fully vaccinated (two weeks after second shot). The rest should stay the course.
Rather than cherry picking his points, would you actually address his dozen or so different questions and points of discussion?

robav8r

None
Contributor

Salient points . . . .
Yes, I can. The libtards and Sleepy Joe are getting WAY too much heat from their constituents. People (albeit a bit late), are waking up and actually paying attention. Shocking. I'll be traveling this weekend to Colorado, can't wait to see how the airports and airlines interpret this new, "Science Based" decision by the CDC . . . .

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll be traveling this weekend to Colorado, can't wait to see how the airports and airlines interpret this new, "Science Based" decision by the CDC . . . .
Well, since the amended guidance still specifies required mask use at airports and on planes, you can guess.

taxi1

pilot
Rather than cherry picking his points, would you actually address his dozen or so different questions and points of discussion?
First, the majority of his points have the underlying assumption that all restrictions are lifted. They aren't, they're just lifted for the vaccinated, and there are plenty of caveats (planes, closed places, fully vaccinated (not just one shot) etc.)

Second, science is used to explain and predict. But facts trump all, and the facts are clear that the vaccines work great. We've got many millions of data points now.

Third, with the huge drop in vaccine uptake, it appears that the people who want the vaccine have gotten the vaccine, the rest want to take their chances with the actual virus. It'd have saved lives to keep the NPIs in place until we reach herd immunity via the vax, but we're not going to get there that way, so the vaccinated shouldn't have to sacrifice their freedom any longer.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Yes, I can. The libtards and Sleepy Joe are getting WAY too much heat from their constituents. People (albeit a bit late), are waking up and actually paying attention. Shocking. I'll be traveling this weekend to Colorado, can't wait to see how the airports and airlines interpret this new, "Science Based" decision by the CDC . . . .
What Wink said.. I deadhead home a couple weeks ago and it was horrible. All the sheep were wearing masks. I had a deadhead in the smack middle of the pandemic and it was less miserable than the recent experience. I did the chin diaper at the gate but I got lots of dirty looks! Thankfully, I mostly do out and backs!

SlickAg

pilot

The vaccines have always worked magnificently. No new paper or study or was published, this was politically convenient timing. Read the articles I posted. Don’t remember the CDC Director crying and saying how she felt a sense of doom for us as a nation? The vaccines haven’t become all of a sudden more effective.

States without mask mandates have followed the same curves as those with them. You also must not remember Dr. Fauci at a loss for words as to why Texas was doing so well without a mask mandate. His explanation: people were still masking up despite it no longer being mandated. Clearly, he doesn’t get out much.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
can't wait to see how the airports and airlines interpret this new, "Science Based" decision by the CDC . . . .
Unfortunately Sleepy Joe extended his Executive Order requiring masks at airports and on airplanes until mid-September. The CDC guidance didn’t cancel the EO and the Tray Stacking Association is glorifying in enforcing it. The FAA is also putting non-compilers on a no fly list.