• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Just headbang to this for about 30 minutes. It'll get your endorphins and attitude in the right place, and ward off the virus.
He's got a whole bunch of those to keep you going for hours. I recommend the "Karen metal" ones, you'll laugh until you're sore and those endorphins aren't gonna do much for you then.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
That's OK. There is an opinion on why it started in October though

I still like how you are saying about mask mandate. When it seems people who were wearing masks before may be still doing so.

If I find myself searching the internet for articles about some Australian locality to post on an Aussie military aviation forum to try to score points for my preconceived opinion on mask wearing and lockdowns, I’d hope one of my friends would have the compassion to put a bullet in my brain.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
A few hundred thousand unnecessary deaths.
Oh ok, I thought it was a graph comparing the US to random countries selected purely because of a lack of covid deaths. In that case it’s a very useful and relevant graph. We should have put you in charge and we could have followed your advice to be like Europe. Oops I mean just Germany. Oops I mean like Nigeria and New Zealand and Cuba.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
All I see is a list of countries that have an average BMI far lower than ours. I also see a couple island nations and a bunch of dictatorships. Neat.

I wonder how many deaths we could have prevented if early in the pandemic, the 'experts' said: "we see a high correlation between obesity and severe covid infections. the best thing you can do for yourself right now is to work toward a healthy weight by making a personal commitment to eat a sensible diet and exercise regularly."

Instead they told us don't wear a mask but wear two masks, closed the gyms and encouraged everyone to order door dash, herd immunity is malleable based on your level of commitment to our dogma, and trust the science but we actually haven't done any legitimate randomized controlled trials on our recommendations.

Oh yea, the lab leak hypothesis is a kook conspiracy theory, but now that orange man bad is gone, we should actually investigate it.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
No, I just selected the winners. Their winning isn't random either.
What’s the common theme then? Island nations that successfully controlled and screened immigration? Lower obesity rates? Younger populations? Greater immunity due to previous coronavirus encounters? Authoritarian/third world countries with covid statistics less valuable than the paper they’re printed on? Tell us, what’s the common theme?

We’ve had this exact same exchange numerous times on this thread. The only thing that changes is the list of winners as you adjust your hindsight.