• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Very brave of you.

I just PMed you and @webmaster .

I look forward to hearing Airwarriors’ official policy of what sort of link requires exactly what sort of explanation.
Of course posting just a link is almost as brave. Posting links with no content or context adds little to no value. Also, by me deleting them is not censorship since you added no context or content other than a link.

SlickAg

pilot
Of course posting just a link is almost as brave. Posting links with no content or context adds little to no value. Also, by me deleting them is not censorship since you added no context or content other than a link.
Can you show me the policy that says I’m not allowed to post only links?

Further, what constitutes sufficient context or content? A simple one word sentence that says “this post is relevant to the discussion because it’s about covid -19 and this tweet is about covid-19?” Must it be a complete sentence? Must it be more than one sentence? What exactly must be contained in the context or content part of the post?

Thanks for your help in making us all better at following the rules.

?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You deleted his post but you also replied to it so it’s still there. Smart. Maybe look through this whole thread and see how many posts are just links

SlickAg

pilot
You deleted his post but you also replied to it so it’s still there. Smart. Maybe look through this whole thread and see how many posts are just links
I brought that up in my PM to @ea6bflyr and @webmaster about why they waited until now to enforce this rule, if it was already a rule, and asked them to please have the mod team go through and delete all posts that didn’t comply with this policy.

But I agree with you, very funny.

exNavyOffRec

Same kinds of people who got confused by the arrows on those infamous butterfly ballots in the 2000 election or get tripped up by problem solving in everyday situations like four way stop signs...

In their defense and given the present day situation, a lot of people are fearful of the future (their jobs, their homes, their families). Stress makes lots of people miss seemingly obvious things from their surroundings- even miss a simple, intuitive arrow, that humble symbol from the days of the caveman, passed down through generations and millenia.

I'm not too wrapped up about the arrows, I'm sorta part empathy (for my fellow human beings) and part amused fascination- pondering what it must be like to go through life as an idiot.
In the stores I am not to concerned about it, I happened to be in the parking lot talking to a coworker and watched as a dozen cars went the wrong way over a period of 20 minutes, 2 nearly hit cars backing out of spaces.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
In the stores I am not to concerned about it, I happened to be in the parking lot talking to a coworker and watched as a dozen cars went the wrong way over a period of 20 minutes, 2 nearly hit cars backing out of spaces.
That's a good example of that amused fascination I was talking about.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I brought that up in my PM to @ea6bflyr and @webmaster about why they waited until now to enforce this rule, if it was already a rule, and asked them to please have the mod team go through and delete all posts that didn’t comply with this policy.

But I agree with you, very funny.
Holy shit dude, simmer down. No said there was a rule or implied a policy. Someone else happens to point out there is more value in a post with a link if it contains a comment or context. I have seen that a hundred times on AW about dozens of topics. I happen to agree. No rule. Just understand some folks won't click on your link without prompting.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello everyone, I am in ROTC and planning on taking the ASTB sometime this upcoming semester. My buddies that I live with are crazy worried that if anyone in the house gets COVID and gives it to people, it will compromise our commission and ability to go into aviation. are either of these things true? Thank you
I would like to apologize for my colleagues. They have forgotten that this site was founded for the benefit of people like you. While AW has evolved and many subjects are discussed, it would be nice if we could suspend the debate long enough to answer a question posted on point in the proper thread for a ROTC Mid. I am sorry I don't have an authoritative answer for you. It does appear that if you get sick with covid, you will have extra hoops to jump through to ensure you are PQ. Good luck.

SlickAg

pilot
Holy shit dude, simmer down. No said there was a rule or implied a policy. Someone else happens to point out there is more value in a post with a link if it contains a comment or context. I have seen that a hundred times on AW about dozens of topics. I happen to agree. No rule. Just understand some folks won't click on your link without prompting.
My point is that you can see exactly what the link is about because you can SEE the tweet (and thus what it’s about) and decide if it’s something you want to investigate further.

That’s great if commentary can provide more value, but if that’s going to be the norm then it needs to be a shall vice a should.

A mod is certainly within his rights to point that commentary can provide value. But does that allow him to delete a post if HE doesn’t see value in it (even though others may)? I think part of this is some of the older mods not exactly understanding how Twitter works or what it is.

I don’t care if everyone clicks on my post or not. It’s a free country, people can do as they please.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That’s great if commentary can provide more value, but if that’s going to be the norm then it needs to be a shall vice a should
It is the norm. How have you not noticed? It just isn't a rule or mandatory and won't be. That is ridiculous. Do what the hell you want. Happy?